Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times

Advertisements

^Wowza. How long did the marriage last?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 02:22 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by langenudel View Post
My husband's coworker being drunk and repeatedly yelling "One p....y for the rest of your life, duuuude"

LOL I'm sure plenty didn't find that funny, but oh the audacity.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:20 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
I won't even try to top that above post....But here's my story.
About 2 weeks before my wedding, my matron of honor and I went to pick up her dress. She absolutely hated it, and everything about it. I spent the next week going shopping w/ her trying to find a dress that she liked...It was miserable. She didn't like anything. Everything made her...her words...Look fat, look ugly, wrong color. I was a college student, w/ 5 children to raise...and I spent time, energy and money trying to appease her. Nothing I did helped, she imo acted ike a spoiled teen. After spending every spare moment ( and believe me I had very little time to spare)trying to resolve to resolve this I finally said to her at one dress shop,.."The bottom line is a wedding is about the bride and groom....not about you". She decided to wear the original dress. But, I have to say it showed me that weddings can bring out the worst in some people.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:01 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
I got my vows wrong and swore loud enough for the congregation to hear it.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM

190 posts, read 391,817 times
My first wedding was to a Sailor and took place on a U S Navy base. First of all, one of the groomsmen forgot his dress shoes on board the ship so he and another groomsman went back to get them and ended up stranded on board for a 30 minute ship's security drill. His best man and my maid of honor were so hung over you can actually see them swaying in the video! The minister was nearly 90 and even though I had rewritten my grandmother's vows in print so he could read them, he still got my name wrong. I had asked a very close cousin to give me away and, although we had arranged with security for all guests to have a pass, shifts changed before he could get aboard so he wasn't able to get to the church to give me away. I asked a friend of my mother's to fill in. He later turned out to be the worst person on the planet (a story for another thread) so I, of course, regret having him fill in. After the ceremony, the reception went off without a hitch save two. My father-in-law put his video camera down on a table but didn't turn it off so we have about 30 minutes of the seat of his pants on video! The only other hitch was that we kept getting side-tracked so we ended up having pizza as our first married meal AFTER the reception! It was fun then and now!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:03 PM

943 posts, read 1,321,045 times
My wife -- the bride -- was stung by a bee at our wedding. On her leg, under her wedding gown while we were sitting at the table. It had climbed up her leg a few minutes earlier when we were walking in grass.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,084,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
^Wowza. How long did the marriage last?

Less than a year.

Saw the gal with a black eye a couple of months later.

Weird.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM

1,488 posts, read 5,237,732 times
ARAGX6.......sounds like my grandad's funeral - they asked a former minister who had been at their church many years ago to come back and do his services - little did they know that in the intervening years he had developed extreme dementia - he was thrilled to be there even tho he didn't really know where he was or who he was eulogising - kept using wrong name, wrong city, wrong family, wrong "I remember when.." tales.....it was sad in more ways than one!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Let's see.....I actually had to think about it because the main memory was that we had fun with our family and friends!

Just got my nails done and broke the thumb nail transferring the wedding dress to the car in a downpour. This does HURT and ended up bleeding...luckily dress had protective cover on it.

My divorced parents tried to out-do each other as to who was in charge...Dad's a wimp...he lost lol.

Got up day of the wedding and the car wouldn't start(ended up taking all the wedding gift cash to fix it...just thank God we had it)

Heavy downpours all day.....SIL started crying at the reception because no one was paying attention to her.

DH pledged me his trough....(sign of things to come lol)

Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
I was at a wedding reception that was disrupted (to say the least) by a naked, screaming woman. Who wasn't a guest. She'd taken LSD, had a bad trip, and somehow found her way to the church. People tried to distract the bride and groom from seeing her. The cops came and she was still running around screaming "I'm on LSD" and a lot of gibberish. They finally pinned her down, threw a blanket over her and took her away.

It was awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings