Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:37 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,761,557 times

Advertisements

You do not need a blood test- find up to date information when you're searching the internet !

For example -This from July 2012 in CT- no blood test

DPH: State Vital Records Office - Marriage License and Certificate

More important for the original poster- This from Indiana - no blood test required

Indiana Marriage License Applications
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
You do not need a blood test- find up to date information when you're searching the internet !

For example -This from July 2012 in CT- no blood test

DPH: State Vital Records Office - Marriage License and Certificate

More important for the original poster- This from Indiana - no blood test required

Indiana Marriage License Applications
Thank you! This is excellent news!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,393,736 times
Call the county in which you are planning to get married and make sure you know their exact requirements, especially if you are not from the state/county you are getting married in. For us, as we were getting married in Ohio where neither of us lived, we had to go to the courthouse in the county where the wedding was taking place, even though this was not the closest to where we were staying. I was REALLY glad I looked it up.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
And to what purpose would this blood testing serve?

I had heard at one point in time it may have been used to prevent people from marrying their cousins.
No -- it was venereal disease screening. Because back when it was instituted people didn't have sex before marriage. (I meant to put a l;ittle funny emoticon here! )

IN 1983, when we got married they also tested me for rubella (german measles) antibodies. German Measles causes birth defects if you get in the first trimester... and so before I got married I got a shot for it, since I had never had them.

Now I would think it's sort of useless....except for the rubella thing. If you want kids make sure you have that shot before you get pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings