Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 AM

629 posts, read 1,232,176 times

Advertisements

I'm getting married within a few months and my fiancee's cousin started dating some "record label" guy for about a month. Apparently she loves him and he's going to our wedding. The guy seems iffy and frankly I'd be surprised if he's around by the time out wedding day is here. The point is he recently told us that he is going to get a couple of singers for our wedding. It's already paid for and their gonna sing a couple of songs each. One we don't like the type of music he works on and have no desire to have it be the focus for any amount of time at our wedding. Two I feel attempting to take up time of our wedding with an act without first asking us what we have planned or at least what kind of music we like is kind of rude. Three our wedding is paid per person and additional staff have their own fee. We've already decided to turn it down but it doesn't come without a fight from her cousin explaining how he's just doing it because he loves her and it's already paid for. What do you think? Are we in the wrong for turning it down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 AM

11,757 posts, read 11,962,674 times
I don't think you're in the wrong at all. This is your wedding day, not an opportunity for him to showcase artists.

IMO, the correct thing to do would have been for your cousin to ask if you were interested in this, not try to force it on you because it's a "gift". He can show his love for her in a million other ways instead of trying to hijack your wedding day plans.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 PM

607 posts, read 1,213,509 times
I agree w/ the above, you're not wrong at all. If it's not what you want, politely decline.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM

85 posts, read 191,648 times
How strange!! I am thinking you would not be rude to say"no thank you,the day has already been planned,but we would love for you to be there." I still can't get over how odd and rude it is for them to try and take over your wedding

Last edited by bugzmom; 04-30-2013 at 02:16 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM

3,500 posts, read 6,145,173 times
His "gift" has nothing to do with the concept of "giving." He is merely trying to publicize the artists from his label. He's using this couple to self promote. OP, say no and be firm.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 AM

629 posts, read 1,232,176 times
I agree with all of you. My fiancee already told her cousin we don't want the gift. The cousin was angry but she'll get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings