Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:35 AM

677 posts, read 933,697 times

Advertisements

1. They're too lazy to do the leg work in tracking down your return address yet they sent invitations.
2: Too cheap to buy all those stamps & a couple of packs of thank you cards.
3. It's too time consuming to write out all those cards but yet they didn't mind taking the time
to write out invitations cause afterall there was benefits to reap from that.
4. Who cares, they know we received their gifts, I said thank you when they gave them to me,
wasn't that enough.....damn!
5. Leave me alone, I've got enough on my plate, I don't have time to write out a bunch of bs cards.
6. The thrill is gone, honeymoon over & time to get back to work, thank you cards are a
afterthought, I'll get around to it......eventually.
7. Thank you cards? Who does that anymore, you & your old fashioned ways.
8. Thank you cards? What am I thanking them for, a bunch of cheap junk they gave me, $25 gift
cards.....big deal.
9. Thank you cards? This man/woman I married is giving me hell already! Wish I never married the
bastard/*****........last thing I want to do is thank someone, it's a constant reminder of the
big mistake I made.
10. I just loss my_________, you expect me to send a thank you card cause they gave me
bereavement money, they know I'm morning & the cost of funerals, shucks they should've
given me more than that loosely little amount, they've got plenty of money the cheap bastards.

Chances are at least 2 of the 10 reasons listed above is the reason you didn't & won't get a thank you card, we might as well forget it cause it's not coming & since people don't have manners anymore I'll be declining in future invites where a gift is expected. Lesson learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 06:58 PM

747 posts, read 1,681,677 times
Well to be honest I didn't send thank you notes. I would have loved to have been able to, but by the time the wedding was over, hubby and I were too dang broke to even be able to afford thank you cards and the extra stamps for none necessary mail. Plus when we got home life happened and other more important things took over our lives, and we kind of moved on and in the end forgot about it. It's not that I didn't appreciate the gifts and people traveling to the wedding, but if you don't have the money or time, then you simply just don't have it.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Well to be honest I didn't send thank you notes. I would have loved to have been able to, but by the time the wedding was over, hubby and I were too dang broke to even be able to afford thank you cards and the extra stamps for none necessary mail. Plus when we got home life happened and other more important things took over our lives, and we kind of moved on and in the end forgot about it. It's not that I didn't appreciate the gifts and people traveling to the wedding, but if you don't have the money or time, then you simply just don't have it.

Un-huh...........likely story, so people traveled to go to your wedding & bought you gifts but you are brushing them off as to say "I didn't send thank you cards, oh well".

So let's see, looks like you fall under reasons #2,3,5, & 6. You should feel quite proud of yourself. But the next time a event is held in your honor don't be surprised if you hear crickets. Your behavior is totally inexcusable & totally ungrateful.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 PM

747 posts, read 1,681,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Un-huh...........likely story, so people traveled to go to your wedding & bought you gifts but you are brushing them off as to say "I didn't send thank you cards, oh well".

So let's see, looks like you fall under reasons #2,3,5, & 6. You should feel quite proud of yourself. But the next time a event is held in your honor don't be surprised if you hear crickets. Your behavior is totally inexcusable & totally ungrateful.
Oh I think someone needs to take the drama down a notch. for heavens sakes it's a card it's not life or death. My wedding was 3 years ago, and you know what no one seems to have minded that I didn't send them. I actually never thought of it much before this thread. We had talked when we got home 3 years ago and we just didn't have the time or money. I don't feel bad, I had bills to pay and a wedding to pay off. I choose to be responsible and pay my bills, not waste money on cards and stamps I didn't have, that apparently no minded that I didn't send. I feel great actually, I don't feel bad at all about it,nor am I going to. I did what I had to do at the time and life went on, as it should. We had more important things to worry with, as it seems we always do.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,585 times
Quote:
My wedding was 3 years ago, and you know what no one seems to have minded that I didn't send them.
Oh, you might think that nobody minds...but trust me, they do.

Sending thank you notes for your wedding gifts is GOOD manners. End of story...

Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Oh I think someone needs to take the drama down a notch. for heavens sakes it's a card it's not life or death. My wedding was 3 years ago, and you know what no one seems to have minded that I didn't send them. I actually never thought of it much before this thread. We had talked when we got home 3 years ago and we just didn't have the time or money. I don't feel bad, I had bills to pay and a wedding to pay off. I choose to be responsible and pay my bills, not waste money on cards and stamps I didn't have, that apparently no minded that I didn't send. I feel great actually, I don't feel bad at all about it,nor am I going to. I did what I had to do at the time and life went on, as it should. We had more important things to worry with, as it seems we always do.
You might be in for a surprise when you throw a baby shower and few people attend or send gifts.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
There is no drama unless it's reeking from your end. Right is right, & wrong is wrong, you were definitely wrong. So let me see if I've got this straight..........a few packs (sold 10 or 20 in a pack) of thank you cards that you could've bought from the dollar store & perhaps 2 or 3 books of postage stamps with a total estimate for everything about $25 was going to break your bank? Yet you could get married, pay for invitations, pay for the preacher or judge, have some sort of a reception, flowers, food, & pay for these expenses? It doesn't wash. You're just full of excuses for your ill manners & somehow you have the audacity to think ignoring acknowledgements for the money your guest spent in traveling to your wedding, hotel fees, & gifts is acceptable. Bad judgment on your part.

To the other posters on this thread: This is the typical type of mindset people possess today, full of arrogance, defiance, & selfishness, even after pointing out the errors of their ways they insist on defending their arrogant stance. So let this be a lesson to us all, we try to do what's right & what's expected of us & this is our reward for our efforts..........ungratefulness.

"If the dog bites you once it's the dog's fault, if the dog bites you twice it's your fault".

Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,808,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post

My mother is one of those! Every time I mention a mutual friend of ours, she brings up the fact that she never got a Thank You note for their wedding gift. I think their wedding was 4-5 years ago.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
Oh I think someone needs to take the drama down a notch. for heavens sakes it's a card it's not life or death. My wedding was 3 years ago, and you know what no one seems to have minded that I didn't send them. I actually never thought of it much before this thread. We had talked when we got home 3 years ago and we just didn't have the time or money. I don't feel bad, I had bills to pay and a wedding to pay off. I choose to be responsible and pay my bills, not waste money on cards and stamps I didn't have, that apparently no (one)minded that I didn't send. I feel great actually, I don't feel bad at all about it,nor am I going to. I did what I had to do at the time and life went on, as it should. We had more important things to worry with, as it seems we always do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You might be in for a surprise when you throw a baby shower and few people attend or send gifts.
The grandson & bride of one of my hometown neighbors didn't send out thank you notes for their wedding gifts. My neighbor complained to my mother that even TEN years later relatives were still complaining to her about how ungrateful and inconsiderate they were. Now, it is possible that they were not complaining directly to the bride and groom but they certainly were complaining to the parents & grandparents and other people about it.

Remember that promotion that you thought you would be getting but didn't? Maybe your boss decided that if you were not conscientious enough to send a thank you note for his wedding gift perhaps you were not as good as employee as he had originally thought.

Remember how your friends used to get together for parties and dinners and now they aren't calling as often? Maybe they realized how little you really cared about them.

Remember how your favorite aunt used to send you cute little cards and notes for no reason at all and now she stopped doing that. You assumed it was because you were married, well maybe it was because she finally noticed your true colors.

So, you think that no one noticed or cared that you didn't send out Thank You notes.
You are wrong.

Last edited by germaine2626; 08-09-2013 at 12:38 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 02:47 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,164,607 times
Quote:
Wow, this is lame. You didn't make thanking people a priority, that's all. Sorry, but you epitomize the problem. People spent time and money on your gifts, but you couldn't muster up a few hours to sit down and write thank yous or spend $20 for some cards & stamps. Of course, you were more than happy to accept gifts. Appalling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings