Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 04:24 PM

479 posts, read 1,434,636 times

Advertisements

Have you seen someone stand up and object during "speak now or forever hold your peace"? Have you seen a fight break out, a disgruntled ex crash the wedding, or something that ended up on an epic fail website or the show Bridezillas? Please share here.

I myself never saw anything super outlandish, but at one wedding the bride's spoiled attention ***** of a cousin did show up in a white dress and raised a minor stink about not being chosen as a bridesmaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 06:22 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
My fiancé has been married before where this marriage lasted around 8 months before they were legally separated (during this time, she cheated on him and got pregnant with another man's baby while he was in Iraq). Before his wedding, his brother was getting his whole wedding party smashed and telling him, "Hey man, you don't have to do this! No one will blame you if you back out now!" ...what he thought was them just joshing him was actually them being serious as she had tried to sleep with his brother, his brother's friend, people in their social circle... No idea why they didn't outright tell him instead of alluding to it.

I just did some valet work at a wedding where the immediate family and the bride and groom were sweet as pie.... and then the rest of the family (aunts/uncles) were all horrid and copping attitudes with the valets for apparently not looking wedding professional enough for them and how the complimentary valet took away from the event and what are they expected to tip these people for a free service... bc then it's not really free and how tacky is that. (When we have to run 1/4 of a mile to the other lot to get cars, then we have to wear comfortable black athletic shoes!)

Old 05-06-2014, 07:43 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
If someone asks you to be maid of honor - Just Say NO!

We were at that church for at least an hour and when does the bride have to go to the bathroom? Right when we are lining up in the aisle. Being maid of honor I was voted the task of holding her dress up. Everyone thought it was a Kodak moment as you can see.

Her mother walked out of the bathroom at the reception with her dress tucked in her pantyhose in the back.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:56 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
It really wasn't that strange but it seemed that way at the time. Back in the late 1970s were at a bar that was connected to a hall were wedding receptions were held. We heard the music and popped our heads in to see what was going on. There was the bride and groom and 12 (yes, twelve) bridesmaids and 12 groomsmen. There were the parents of the bride and the parents of the groom (you could tell because they were wearing flowers) plus about 15 other people in this huge hall.

It was so shocking because there were more people in the wedding party than actual guests at the reception! Now, it appeared that this was the total amount of people at the wedding reception but it is possible that it was something unusual like the real reception ended at 8 PM and this was sort of an after party just for the wedding party and close relatives.

But it still looked pretty odd.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:26 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
When my brother stripped down to an alligator g string at my cousins reception. OMG

Old 05-14-2014, 12:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
If someone asks you to be maid of honor - Just Say NO!

We were at that church for at least an hour and when does the bride have to go to the bathroom? Right when we are lining up in the aisle. Being maid of honor I was voted the task of holding her dress up. Everyone thought it was a Kodak moment as you can see.

Her mother walked out of the bathroom at the reception with her dress tucked in her pantyhose in the back.
I am very private about bathroom duties so I wouldn't want my bridesmaid to help. Instead I'd probably take off the dress or hold it myself.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:50 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
When my brother stripped down to an alligator g string at my cousins reception. OMG
LOL!!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
a ladys wig getting set on fire while she was sitting in the pew boy did that place stink afterwards LOL ....

Old 05-21-2014, 09:20 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
About ten years ago I was at a wedding reception at a hotel, and one of the cast members from the show 'Survivor' drunkenly wandered into our ballroom and started being obnoxious. When he inappropriately touched my best friend's date, my friend pulled his shirt up over his face and punched him in the nose. We had security haul him out, and some of the show's handlers negotiated something with the hotel to cover it up.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:18 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
My buddy got married to a Georgia gal so we all got on planes and such, took vacation time, etc.

A big to-do with all the fixin's at a posh place in Atlanta......

The groom's brother (my room mate at the time), hooked up with a fine young lass who happened to be one of the bride's good friends....

Well, they were pretty drunk and did the deed in the community hot tub by the pool.

This was very late and I'm assuming it was at the end of the reception as I had already imbibed at last call and had leisurely crawled back to my room......

Evidently she was finished with him and had left him passed out in the hot tub by the community pool.

Sunday morning came and you guessed it.....

Brunch.

By the pool.

There was my pal, nekkid as the day he was born....with all the childrens and their parents and grandparents and uncles and aunts and EVERYONE.

Trapped in the hot tub.

I had just happened along with another brother of his in the lobby and we had proceeded to get some coffee in us and walk around the buffet to see what they had to offer....and there he was.

Waving frantically at us.

No clothes, no swimsuit, no towel, no nuthin'.

Stumbling around because we were laughing so hard (not to mention we were still drunk), we managed to get him a towel. Then he had to stand there at the main counter with nothing but a smile on (plus a towel) to get another key card.

Good times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings