Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:35 AM

9 posts, read 10,044 times

Advertisements

I have always given both bridal shower and wedding gift.

However, I gifted smaller gifts for Bridal shower and the main gift for a wedding.

Enjoy the wedding celebration to the fullest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 04:23 AM

9 posts, read 10,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
2 gifts. I was raised to send a gift for the shower, even if you don't go (if you are invited). A lot of people won't do that these days.

I agree with the poster who suggested a picture frame. They are useful and economical. Framing the wedding invitation is nice, too.
Even I agree with picture frame idea. It is one of the safest way to gift someone.

People generally make use of it in their room.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:54 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,609 times
2 gifts.
I always give a registry gift at the bridal shower and cash at the wedding. My mom gives a small gift at the bridal shower and bigger/more expensive registry gift at the wedding. Either way, always two gifts.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:21 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,421,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I always give a registry gift at the bridal shower and cash at the wedding.
I do the exact same thing.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Yeah I know it's two events...but the purpose of a bridal shower gift is to give the couple something they'll use when they're married, no? And the wedding gift serves the same puropse, correct? So what I should've said was I don't understand the point of giving two gifts for the same purpose. It just makes sense to me that if you give a gift for the bridal shower you'd be exempt from giving one for the wedding...but whatever, tradition is tradition. It's still kind of annoying though.
The bridal shower is supposed to be for useful items for a new bride to set up house. Tupperware, cool utensils, place mats, a set of towels, stuff like that. Some brides will still register for a $700 Vitamix, but you don't have to go that route. I like to go to Sur la Table and pick up some handy little gadgets.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:29 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Are you supposed to bring a separate gift to both or is the gift you bring to the bridal shower for both?

I know people probably do this differently but I'm just trying to get a general idea. All of my friends and I are in our late 20s and none have ever been to a wedding. We have no idea what wedding etiquette is.
Gift to shower, and another gift to wedding.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:26 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Looks like the consensus is two gifts. Well that's annoying.
It is. Bridal showers are annoying.

I may be getting remarried later this year. There will be no shower.

If we do register (which isn't likely) it'll probably be for gag gifts from Amazon. Or requests from people to donate to one of our favorite charities.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:58 AM

150 posts, read 343,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It is. Bridal showers are annoying.

I may be getting remarried later this year. There will be no shower.

If we do register (which isn't likely) it'll probably be for gag gifts from Amazon. Or requests from people to donate to one of our favorite charities.

I don't think second marriages should have a shower, and I also agree that a donation to a charity is a great idea.

I keep seeing elaborate 2nd marriages, where there are one-three showers and the wedding, but yet most of the time they combined two households.

Only my opinion.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:07 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
You know, it's an invitation, not a command. You can just not go, and not give a gift.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:11 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmom87 View Post
I don't think second marriages should have a shower, and I also agree that a donation to a charity is a great idea.

I keep seeing elaborate 2nd marriages, where there are one-three showers and the wedding, but yet most of the time they combined two households.

Only my opinion.
I am having my first marriage and said no to having a bridal shower. Because I didn't want another thing to put focus on me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings