Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 01:10 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
My plan is to have everyone dancing the majority of the night so won't be sitting much in the tables anyway.
Must be a young crowd!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 01:29 PM

780 posts, read 678,444 times
My vote is on the short centrepieces. Huge/tall centrepieces are annoying when trying to socialize across the table. I've seen people actually put the tall centrepiece on the ground, to see a clearer view of other people on their table.

If you must get a tall one, I'd vote on the very far left. It's easier to speak across the table with the clear vase.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:37 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Must be a young crowd!
Yep.
And if that is truly the case, why have elaborate centerpieces sitting at empty tables?

Old 06-09-2016, 04:54 PM

666 posts, read 479,064 times
Because I would like a beautiful wedding.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:10 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,648,895 times
Quote:
Because I would like a beautiful wedding.
You are over budget. No one will remember the centerpieces. Hydrangeas with one rose.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:05 AM

780 posts, read 678,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
You are over budget. No one will remember the centerpieces. Hydrangeas with one rose.
This is very true. I've been to a number of wedding receptions. I was a server at a banquet hall for about two years, all Saturday nights in the summer was a reception. I also did some wedding photography and I've attended as a guest, but not as often. Of all those times, I do not remember anyone's centrepiece. What I remember more is how awesome/bad the music was.

A centrepiece is something you admire for the first 30 seconds when you sit down, then forget about. When you get married, you'll appreciate it for about the same amount of time and then get over it. I'm sure you'll be too preoccupied enjoying yourself and everyone's company.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:46 AM

666 posts, read 479,064 times
You are right. I usually walk in and am wowed and then go party. Thinking back to my friends weddings, I can hardly remember what their centerpieces looked like unless I look at pictures. I can't remember what the cakes looked like either. All I remember is the food and if I had a good time. Think I will stick with adding the hydrangeas and a few roses. I like how it looks already but a few modifications and it will be awesome. Thanks for all the help!

Old 06-11-2016, 09:29 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,605,052 times
I would eliminate the hanging crystals and have the florist add some dangling ivy or something similar. A classier look and with the money you save on the crystals you can probably add more roses to your short display.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:40 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times
Since you aren't locked in yet, I'll add my voice to the chorus that dislikes tall centerpieces.

Unless you want to discourage your guests from talking to each other.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:29 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Default ...

Quote:
I had my floral mockup today and not totally in love with the flowers. I wanted them to be more full but of course if it is more full it is more money and we are already way over the budget. I have attached the pictures of the 2 tall floral arrangement mockups. Which do you like best? I want the room to be romantic and elegant. The venue is very light and has chandeliers so I figured the one with all the dangly jewels would look nice in the venue. For the flowers, I asked her to change the green hydrangea to white hydrangea and pink hydrangea and add in some blush roses. I also asked her to remove the pink filler. Do you think this will help? How many roses should I have her add? It is $3 per rose so trying to do as few as possible! For the low floral, she basically had made a mini of the tall, which is not what i wanted. I wanted an igloo of flowers (so no vase showing) with just hydrangea and roses so she said she can do that with some roses. How many roses do you think we should add? I attached the photo of the original low floral I loved but would be so pricey for all the roses I would need so I guess I am aiming for a mini version of that picture? And then I was thinking of switching the candles to floating candles? Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!
I actually don't like the ones with the crystals. It really blocks guests from actually seeing each other across the tables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings