Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:29 AM

22,420 posts, read 47,411,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
As with all of your threads, no one will remember this a week after the wedding.
Truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 03:20 PM

11,770 posts, read 11,986,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
How about adding pumpkin pie or a pumpkin flavored coffee as a fall theme? Seems to be easier and cheaper that caramelized apples... Not sure why you want to spend money on after dessert food station. I have never seen that done in any of the roughly 6+ weddings I have attended... I don't know anyone who is still hungry after the food at the cocktail hour, sit down dinner and dessert...
I agree. The last wedding we went to had a lovely dinner, wedding cake for dessert and then a later evening snack table with cookies, cupcakes, jelly beans, coffee and tea. A dessert station and pretzels and Philly cheesesteak is excessive and unneeded, IMO.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:47 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,724,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I would rather the rose petals on the tables than overdo it on the food. And, that option would probably be more affordable.

I do agree with your overall point, though. People forget most of this stuff after a wedding.

That and no one else, other than you, will know if something goes with a theme!

Old 07-20-2016, 06:48 AM

2,664 posts, read 2,079,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree. The last wedding we went to had a lovely dinner, wedding cake for dessert and then a later evening snack table with cookies, cupcakes, jelly beans, coffee and tea. A dessert station and pretzels and Philly cheesesteak is excessive and unneeded, IMO.

And I assume appetizers during the cocktail hour? I am usually pretty full after sampling all the appetizers during the reception and then usually don't eat too much for dinner...

Old 07-22-2016, 05:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,102,689 times
Too hard to eat and too messy.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:37 AM

659 posts, read 468,855 times
Thanks for all the help. Will veto the caramel apples and think about eliminating some desserts. I still want the late night station. I am making it more a to go station so people can grab on the way out. Thanks !!

Old 08-11-2016, 10:18 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,588,524 times
More food after dessert? Seems wasteful to me.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:43 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,147,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
We are having a fall themed wedding so was thinking of maybe incorporating caramel apples as either a favor or dessert. We are having a ton of food so I think I will need to remove something in order to have them. On our dessert station we are having wedding cake, seasonal macarons, pumpkin pie jars, chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate bouchons. We are also having a late night philly themed station of mini cheesesteaks and soft pretzels. The late night station is about an hr after dessert. Should I replace something in the dessert station with wrapped individual caramel apples and put in a basket? IF so, what do you think is replaceable? Or should I serve as a favor before they leave in baskets and remove the cheesesteak station? We are also having a lot of food at cocktail hour and a sit down dinner. Any suggestions are appreciated!
I think caramel apples are the last thing to serve at a wedding. People have on their nicest clothes, and all I can think about is what a mess.

Strawberries seem an odd choice for Fall too....those seem more Summer.

What about those cake pops, in assorted fall flavors. http://buttermeupbrooklyn.com/2012/0...iends-wedding/
http://hautesosweet.com/store/index.php?

Or a penny candy assortment.http://www.candycrate.com/weddingcan...et.html...Less messy but very pretty.

Last edited by JanND; 08-12-2016 at 10:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings