Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 01:25 PM

42 posts, read 23,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
The time has flown by super fast.....AND after planning & changing a couple of different plans because of covid, it's almost here! I'm super excited & happy....BUT

I'm experiencing some nerves & nausea because of wondering if covid will change our travel plans for our honeymoon escape. I don't want travel to shut down again before we go....or have 1 of us get covid. BUT...there's nothing we can do about it if it does.

My question tho.....has anyone else experienced lack of appetite or nerves for any reason about your wedding because of the pandemic? I feel like I have adjusted to all of our wedding changes & the pandemic & telenursing & everything....BUT now that it's almost here, I'm super aware of the news & thinking it will be just our bad luck to get it now before we leave....specially when I see the counties going back to red or purple. I haven't eaten much of anything for a couple of days.

It's a lack of appetite because I'm afraid we won't be able to go. I just want to get on that plane..ha.
It's called stage fright (aka performance anxiety)

It means that you have a perfectionist type of personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 01:33 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,573,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyPeacefulProtestor View Post
It's called stage fright (aka performance anxiety)

It means that you have a perfectionist type of personality.

I really wanted to be able to go on our trip & get married on NYE. It has been lots of disappointment because of covid & changing our plans....but we are both feeling super optimistic for April. (edit: especially because of vaccines)

I’m relieved I showed my fiancé my dress AND....there is nothing to perform on stage tho, ha.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 01-16-2021 at 01:42 PM..

Old 01-16-2021, 05:45 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times
Quote:
I really wanted to be able to go on our trip & get married on NYE. It has been lots of disappointment because of covid & changing our plans....but we are both feeling super optimistic for April. (edit: especially because of vaccines)

I’m relieved I showed my fiancé my dress AND....there is nothing to perform on stage tho, ha.
Were you afraid he wouldn't like your dress? What wouldn't be to like?

Old 01-16-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Were you afraid he wouldn't like your dress? What wouldn't be to like?

Since it was bought for the beach pictures & is light lace & flowy ....I thought he might think it showed too much for a ceremony, like maybe he would be expecting to see something a little more traditional & chic than soft romance & beachy.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:03 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:

My hub went with me dress shopping after I narrowed it down to 5 I liked. I knew which one I liked the most, the shop owner also liked the one I liked, wanted to see what he thought. He picked that one too.

At that time I didn't have anyone else to go with me because I lost all of my old friends in my town to my last divorce. I had moved and hour South 7 years earlier to where my ex had friends.

My oldest friend lived an hour away, I purposely didn't want her help because she was supposed to stand up for me when I married my ex. She had a lot of issues, drugs were one of them. We stopped speaking because she was mad we went to Cypress Gardens to be married so she couldn't stand up for me. She was a big reason we went out of state. I found out she OD'd about 10 years ago.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
My hub went with me dress shopping after I narrowed it down to 5 I liked. I knew which one I liked the most, the shop owner also liked the one I liked, wanted to see what he thought. He picked that one too.

At that time I didn't have anyone else to go with me because I lost all of my old friends in my town to my last divorce. I had moved and hour South 7 years earlier to where my ex had friends.

My oldest friend lived an hour away, I purposely didn't want her help because she was supposed to stand up for me when I married my ex. She had a lot of issues, drugs were one of them. We stopped speaking because she was mad we went to Cypress Gardens to be married so she couldn't stand up for me. She was a big reason we went out of state. I found out she OD'd about 10 years ago.

That’s fun that your husband went with you....we have turned tradition upside down too...ha. I went with my mom & sister the 1st time....but by the 2nd time when we made covid changes & I had to make a decision fast because final payment & delivery was only a couple months away, I went myself to move the deposit to something else so I wouldn’t be out the money. They weren’t even allowing more ppl in the suite then...so it’s been a lot of disappointment ofc.

I knew he would like the dress...it’s super soft & sexy & flowy. I just didn’t know if it’s what he would be expecting for our ceremony.

AND....I’m so sry about your friend tho...that’s awful.

Old 01-20-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Frankly, I think you should be nervous about traveling.

I think anyone who is traveling by plane for non-esssential reasons between now and the end of January is foolish.

I’m not nervous about the travel tho...we won’t be in contact with many ppl. I was afraid we wouldn’t be able to go BUT...now that we couldn’t & we are delayed to April, I can totally see all the bright sides. AND...ofc...I’m not the only bride to be that has had to deal with this kind of stuff & disappointment. BUT...I also see what’s important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I would just caution that you and your husband research how the place you're traveling to is handling positive cases, where you should go if you become sick, if your health insurance will cover treatment in that location, the quality of their medical care, will you be treated differently because you're Americans, etc. Know before you go in case you and/or he become sick while out of the country.

He won’t be my husband until April, but ofc we have researched all of that....especially since it’s so isolated. AND..we may even have our vaccines by then...so...another bright side. BUT it was still disappointing to see all our original plans we made when we got engaged in 2019 get changed & not know how it all would work.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:05 PM

I saw an article on Google that made me think of you. Hopefully it inspires you. She canceled a wedding with 500 guests

The Bride Wore a Skirt Set by Sergio Hudson for Her Winter Wedding in Charleston

Old 02-02-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I saw an article on Google that made me think of you. Hopefully it inspires you. She canceled a wedding with 500 guests

Does she look like Paige Spiranac..I have everybody thinking I golf now. Thank you for thinking of me...but we will be getting married on the beach...so....totally different because of COVID. We went from about 450 guests...to none!

Edit: even tho we won’t have the big wedding celebration or see our families & friends, we are making delish lemonade out of lemons because it will be super sexy & romantic..AND...I just had my 1st vaccine! IMO...it’s a prettier setting for pictures & a wedding. We won’t have to be so formal or careful.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 02-02-2021 at 02:42 PM..

Old 02-04-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Does she look like Paige Spiranac..I have everybody thinking I golf now. Thank you for thinking of me...but we will be getting married on the beach...so....totally different because of COVID. We went from about 450 guests...to none!

Edit: even tho we won’t have the big wedding celebration or see our families & friends, we are making delish lemonade out of lemons because it will be super sexy & romantic..AND...I just had my 1st vaccine! IMO...it’s a prettier setting for pictures & a wedding. We won’t have to be so formal or careful.
Happy to hear you got your vaccine! Which one did you end up with?

Will your fiance be able to get one too before you get married?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings