Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you let your SO go to a bachelor party full of adult dancers (just dancers, not hookers!)?
Yes 43 70.49%
No 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:19 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times

Advertisements

I am not married yet, but I would feel like I was betraying my future wife if I so much as mentally lusted after another women...so no for me.

I agree though, you shouldn't have to get permission to do something, you should want to make the decision that is best for them, not you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Female. Married twice and currently have a bf. I wouldnt give a rats behind if they wanted to go to a bachelor party. Did anyone see the movie Very Bad Things? Watch it before you decide.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
I would and have let my SO go to a bachelor party. There were dancers climbing all over men, doing things that dancers do and I was fine with it. It has a lot to do with trust, if you trust your SO then there is no reason to not let them go.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:57 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
[quote=andreaspercheron; It has a lot to do with trust, if you trust your SO then there is no reason to not let them go.[/quote]

This is really how I see it too. I trust my DH, so it wasn't an issue for me. Of course I do tell him that if a gorgeous woman ever hits on him in a bar, then it is entirely possible that she is a plant hired by me see what he does.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:02 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
female here. I voted yes. I trust my ol man.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:11 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,004 times
I don't see it as a trust thing at all. I see it as a quality assurance thing. I did not and do not use the word "let" when my husband does or doesn't do something.

My husband doesn't like strippers or strip clubs, he doesn't like what they stand for. Neither do I, I married a man with the same moral standards as myself and it was his idea to have a joint bachelor/ette party. We love and trust each other very much, but that doesn't mean we are going to run out and disrespect each other by grinding on other people, whether or not they are strippers.

Trust me, I've been friends with mostly males my entire life and I had even attended a few bachelor parties for my friends. I do know what goes on at those parties and it is NOT what the future mrs thinks is happening.

So, yes, I TRUST my husband with my life, my heart, my children, but I'm not going to throw him into an environment where he is lusting after other women and grinding with naked chicks.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,046 times
Marrying someone w/ the same values as you do is one of the key to successful marriage. But unfortunately, not everyone shares the same fate. That should have been one of the questions to be brought BEFORE two people start to get together. But sometimes can make some people blind sided.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
1. Would you be furious/ let your SO go to a bachelor party?
Male here, and I have had a couple of girlfriends attend bacherlorette parties. I had no problem with them what-so-ever. If a SO went to a bachelor party, well, then that would be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
I'm a female and I would not marry a man who needed "one last night of freedom". If you need that, you are not ready to be married. My husband feels the same way, he didn't want me to have one either.

It's not an insecurity at all and I actually have several friends who are dancers. I just don't believe that a person who needs one last night of freedom has any business getting married.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm not that fond of this stupid custom. If somebody wants/has to go, fine. I don't think I'd like a groom of mine to have one, though... certainly not the night before the wedding. Who wants a hungover and/or throwing-up groom...?! He may not even make it to the altar! Not that this is necessarily a bad thing... gives more time for clear thinking...
I have never heard of a groom who planned his own bachelor party. It may happen from time to time, but generally, it is the groom's friends who throw the party and plan the events; the bachelor is just there for the ride.

Despite what many women (falsely) believe, the bachelor party serves as a celebration for the groom's up-coming wedding; yes, it is also one last hurrah, but in the sense of a guy going out with his friends and doing things that are deemed as a no-no when once married. If strippers are involved, then so be it, but I have never heard of a bachelor having sex as a free man one last time. I am sure that it has happened somewhere, but I can tell you that it is no-where near the norm.

Judging by all of the bachelor parties that I have been to, I can honestly say that unless the wife was a complete prude, she would probably be completely bored, or at the least annoyed more then anything if she was to pop into her husbands bachelor party.

And, who has a bachelor party the night before the wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
My wife-to-be didn't mind that we hit strip clubs during my bachelor party.

However, I have to tell you that the places are overrated. After approximately three minutes of saying, "Hey, look at the headlamps on that one!", strip clubs become pretty boring places--not the dens of licentiousness you think they are. I mean, ten minutes into our visit, we were all talking about football, and would occasionally tip the dancers. Even then they started being a nuisance.
I agree, strip clubs are boring, and the drinks are over-priced. Yes, some of the women are nice to look at, but I don't feel the need to throw money at them just so they can hang their boobs in my face for a couple of seconds. Seriously, you can see just as much hanging out at the beach or pool (most strip clubs are not 100% nude). On top of that, they are creepy places.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:38 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Men are different than women. [b]Women refuse to acknowledge this or just plain will not. [b]I spent many years in the entertainment business and know men very well! They all need there space! When push comes to shove most men will not cheat on their wives, they just like to see and have contact with pretty women occasionally! It is called an EGO BOOST! They need to know women are still attracted to them! But it does not mean they will cheat. When men attend a strip club it is mostly conversational with the entertainer, and usually about the wife or gf. Men do not go to men for advice, they like to talk to another woman! I have helped many thru the years with their relationships. So if men want to occasionally attend a friends bachelor party or strip club, I have no problem with it! They need there space sometimes to do men things!
Sorry Blondie but I really don't appreciate all women being lump together like this...or men either.
I for one don't care at all if my husband goes to or had a party....like another spoke, I'd care about a hangover but nothing else. He's a grown adult, it's his choice to make.
When we go to biker events, I usually point out women to him, of couse he returns the favor by pointing out men that have bigger bellys than their gas tanks but that's another argument.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
And, who has a bachelor party the night before the wedding?
I've zero experience with bachelor parties. My impression comes only from the movies - it looks like they're held the night before the wedding, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings