U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:48 AM

3,279 posts, read 4,591,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
I am going to get married at Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany and have white horses carry us around the little city.
I assume this is dripping with sarcasm

------------

If I ever marry, I could see myself eloping - maybe abroad. I think that could be very romantic, especially if you don't tell anyone for like a week afterwards. I would still want to wear a white dress though (nothing big & poofy).

If I had a wedding, I'd want it to be less than 50 people, maybe in a church (mine is freeeee to marry in ) or outside. If there's a reception, champagne, pretty lights, and good music is all I really care about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 AM

657 posts, read 1,408,754 times
I'd like an outdoor ceremony,either on the beach or in the mountains, wearing a pretty wedding dress, but nothing poufy. Something unique, maybe with an embroidered bodice, ivory with some other colors mixed in.
Will kidnap Leann Rimes to sing "Looking Through Your Eyes".

But most of my planning would go into the reception...Southern barbeque buffet--ribs,chicken,steak with all the fixin's, with different homemade cakes and cupcakes for dessert. Live music, open bar and open invitation to all the CD'rs who want to come. And after I've had too much to drink, will sing "Can't Fight the Moonlight" to my husband.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 AM

13,036 posts, read 15,127,403 times
I'm getting married this Fall in Greenville, Maine. We fell in love with the Blair Hill Inn ( www.blairhill.com) so that's where it will take place, a civil ceremony as neither of us believe in God, and so far our guest list is about 9 ! No family as both our families are sorely deficient , only friends ( in fact including a couple of people I met on CD) .

We have been together for over 20 years so we wanted to please ourselves and just have a nice, low key nice day.

We'll have a nice Gastronomic dinner afterwards and hopefully if the weather is clement the ceremony will take place outside overlooking Moosehead Lake in full Fall colours. I don't even know what I will be wearing yet but something simple.

Our honeymoon will consist of touring New England for 4 weeks as it is one of our favourite places on earth , in upmarket country Inns ( I hate big impersonal hotels/resorts). I want to treat myself to some of NE's very best restaurants and do some more Whale Watches , the rest will unfold as we tour... We are even doing a home exchange for 2 of the weeks to Boston , to a gorgeous Victorian appartment in Charlestown.

I am hoping that either the day before or on the day of the Wedding we can do some activities like a Moose Safari, Vintage Seaplane flight and a cruise on the Lake on the Steam Ship Katahdin, maybe some horse-riding.

I never wanted a huge fussy wedding, after all it is about you and your SO not all the flim-flammery which wedding magazines try to flaunt .

I am very much looking forward to it as we are getting what we truly want rather than an imposed cultural idea as to what a wedding should be.

It should be very Romantic and hopefully will create memories for years to come.

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 04-23-2009 at 05:09 AM..

Old 04-23-2009, 05:03 AM

8,058 posts, read 9,129,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I'm getting married this Fall in Greenville, Maine. We fell in love with the Blair Hill Inn so that's where it will take place, a civil ceremony as neither of us beleive in God, and so far our guest list is about 9 ! No family as both our families are sorely deficient , only friends ( in fact including a couple of people I met on CD) .

We have been together for over 20 years so we wanted to please ourselves and just have a nice, low key nice day. We'll have a nice dinner afterwards and hopefully if the weather is clement the ceremony will take place outside overlooking Moosehead Lake in full Fall colours.

Our honeymoon will consist of touring New England for 4 weeks as it is one of our favourite places on earth , in upmarket country Inns ( I hate big impersonal hotels/resorts).

I am hoping that either the day before or on the day of the Wedding we can do some activities like a Moose Safari, Vintage Seaplane flight and a cruise on the Lake on the Steam Ship Katahdin, maybe some horse-riding.

I never wanted a huge fussy wedding, after all it is about you and your SO not all the flim-flammery which wedding magazines try to flaunt .

I am very much looking forward to it as we are getting what we truly want rather than an imposed cultural idea as to what a wedding should be.
Sounds wonderful! I love New England. There really is no place like it.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:51 PM

30,518 posts, read 18,829,626 times
It would depend what my SO wanted (hey, Im not stupid)

Personally, something small and simple with one heckuva cool honeymoon trip somewhere both restful and fun...carribean perhaps? South America? <shrug>

Old 04-23-2009, 02:30 PM

337 posts, read 499,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
I am going to get married at Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany and have white horses carry us around the little city.
So you're going for the whole low key affair???

Old 04-23-2009, 03:02 PM

5,004 posts, read 5,226,415 times
Since I already had the church wedding with the backyard shindig , and the Las Vegas wedding with no honeymoon, just straight back to work on Monday , this time perhaps a justice of the peace wedding, I wear a dress and he wears a suit, and take the families to the favorite Japanese restaurant. And have a honeymoon somewhere in Northern California for a few days. Small, but happy, and unprententious.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:06 PM

420 posts, read 1,378,801 times
Marriage, heck I can't even get a date these days. I'm 34 year old male and I've never been close to getting married, and I don't see a marriage anytime in my future either.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:32 AM

666 posts, read 352,958 times
I'm not getting married, ever.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:43 AM

49,942 posts, read 47,022,166 times
it will be in a lawyers office, the best one that money can buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings