Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,652,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Agreed. I contacted the BBB on a dental company that botched up some dental work, and the BBB did NOTHING. I agree with another post that suggests you take it to another bridal shop to get it fixed. Also, spread the word to others in your area about the bad service you received. Word of mouth can really help a business, or protect other consumers.
I realize the BBB can't make the shop do anything. However, if they choose not to remedy the situation they will have the complaint on their record. If I take it to another shop to get fixed I will have to pay for their mistake. I'm going to try to do everything I can to avoid that.

The problem with spreading the word is that I don't live anywhere near this shop. I'm in OR and the shop in in PA. It won't really help me to spread the word around here! I will definitely fill out an online review of the company though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 02:36 PM

809 posts, read 3,555,773 times
If you paid for the dress with a credit card, you might be able to dispute the charge.

What a crappy situation.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM

So I talked with the owner of the shop again yesterday. She asked me to send pictures of myself in the dress so she could see that it didn't fit me. Once I sent them to her she told me that she would do the alterations for me. However, she wants me to mail the dress to her and she will do the alterations based on the picture. Then, we I arrive in town for the wedding, she will have me in for the final fitting and said maybe I will get to take the dress home that day. Does this sound crazy? I've never heard of anyone doing alterations based on a picture.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:13 PM

Yes, that sounds crazy. Though I'm not a seamstress. If I were the bride, I'd be feaking out worried that you won't have a dress. And if I were you, I'd be freaking out that the dress will look bad on me.

I'm just curious if any of the other bridesmaids have had problems or used her for the alterations. If they say she's really good, that would make me feel better.

When are you arriving in town for the wedding? The day before?

I can't believe she won't just order you the right freaking size!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 06-11-2009, 12:14 PM

Can you order the dress through a local (to you) bridal shop and send them back their dress and demand a refund??

Old 06-11-2009, 12:24 PM

9,732 posts, read 9,682,639 times
For a $200 dress they could care less. That is not enough money to cause the shop any grief.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:44 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,397,994 times
Don't waste your time with the BBB. They get paid through the merchants and don't care about the consumers. I know what they say but I had a nightmare going through them for a company.

What they're asking you to do is nonsense. How are they going to alter it just by seeing a picture. They made the mistake, have them ship you the correct size, at their cost

Old 06-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Don't waste your time with the BBB. They get paid through the merchants and don't care about the consumers. I know what they say but I had a nightmare going through them for a company.

What they're asking you to do is nonsense. How are they going to alter it just by seeing a picture. They made the mistake, have them ship you the correct size, at their cost
The business won't do this! I've also looked at local bridal shops, but no one in town carries the brand. I would have to drive 200 miles for the closest store that has those dresses.

I actually just received a call from the owner of the shop and she was livid that I filed a complaint with the BBB. She feels she is doing her best to make the situation right and I'm being unreasonable. I think this woman is crazy!!!

I will arrive into town 3 days before the wedding, so she insists there is time to do any last minute alterations. We'll see! The bride doesn't really seem to be bothered by the whole situation, but then again, she is pretty complacent. I don't think much bothers her!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:28 PM

I think 3 days is long enough if she doesn't have anything else going on. But she sounds like a lune so who knows what will happen when you show up.

I guess there's nothing more you can do but have her do her best. I guess you can tell her you'll drop the complaint if she can alter it properly (for extra motivation).

Old 06-12-2009, 01:47 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,119,117 times
So they can't simply exchange the dress for the next size up even if you paid a rush charge....that's crappy.
It's not like you're asking for your money back altogether.
Stuff like this makes me mad....
Seriously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings