Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:39 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I don't know. Best wishes to you, though. Just remember that sometimes you can create more drama by trying to avoid it.
Of course you don't know because you don't know me or my family so the only thing you can offer is your opinion which I do appreciate however its taking care of so I don't need the what if scenarios nor am I concerned with them. My day will go how I want it whether family is included or if its just me and my man. At the end of the day its about me and him and NO ONE else.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
No that is not the truth once again that is YOUR opinion. You don't set the standard of who and what a person is or should be so please get off your high horse. You have skeletons in your closet like everyone else in the world. Hec your kids may be distant from you since you are so passionate about this subject. I wonder what your kids would say about you???
Why are you getting so overly emotional?? YOU are one passionate about the subject - I am simply here surfing the net for fun and offering an opinion here and there.

And I'm sorry, but my opinion is that when one spouse chooses their grown child over the other spouse things are not great in the marriage.

I don't know if your parents are married, and it's none of my business, but it would make more sense to me that your dad is taking this position if he and your mother are divorced, that's all I'm saying. I am not trying to judge though - every family IS different.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:47 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Hey Shy, get off your high-horse, cut the drama. You asked for opinions, now and you got them. Do with them what you will, but where do you get off telling people they're wrong?

Jeez. Just go get married and don't come back to tell us all about it. We've heard enough.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:49 PM

No you're not only offering an opinion here and there you are stating your opinions as facts and that they are not. Saying something is the 'truth' is not offering an opinion but attempting to express facts which in your case are only opinions so maybe if you would word your opinions to represent that of opinions there wouldn't be any misunderstandings and yes my parents are still married and live in a great big house together and have lived that way for over 30 yrs and yes every family IS different which is why your OPINIONS hold no facts and it would be easier to converse with you if you stated your opinions as opinions and don't try to make them come across as facts.

Last edited by Shysister; 11-17-2009 at 08:01 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Hey Shy, get off your high-horse, cut the drama. You asked for opinions, now and you got them. Do with them what you will, but where do you get off telling people they're wrong?

Jeez. Just go get married and don't come back to tell us all about it. We've heard enough.
If YOU don't like my thread you didn't/don't have to enter. YOU do not speak for everyone on this board so maybe YOU need to get off your high horse??? No one told YOU to listen so if you've heard enough YOU can politely exist and won't have to worry about hearing anything else. Pretty simple right?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:17 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
If YOU don't like my thread you didn't/don't have to enter. YOU do not speak for everyone on this board so maybe YOU need to get off your high horse??? No one told YOU to listen so if you've heard enough YOU can politely exist and won't have to worry about hearing anything else. Pretty simple right?
Sorry, now you are just being a bridezilla

You are jumping on posters like spinx who was actually on your side in her post

Old 11-17-2009, 08:53 PM

lol no no not a bridezilla I actually hate that show lol I'm too nice to be a bridezilla but it may not come across that way in this thread because of the harsh decision I've had to make but trust me its not something I'm proud to do or something I'm shouting from the moutain tops but unfortunately its best that I go forth with this decision for ME. I would love more than anything to have a good relationship with my mother however thats just not the case and one person can't continue to try and make something be thats simply just not there. Me and Spinx are cool *wink* Hec I'm cool with you too it just feels that you are attacking and judging sometimes but I hold nothing personal against you or anyone unless they make it personal and Steelstress comment was personal so I responded back in the same manner.

Last edited by Shysister; 11-17-2009 at 09:05 PM..

Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 AM

20 posts, read 32,447 times
This is your day,and you should invite your family, and by family i mean people who really cares about you even when you're in trouble.
Just because you have the same blood running in your veine doesn't make you a family with another. I'd like to think that family is a spiritual bond not biological.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Gee, just how high is that horse you're sitting on? If you look at the beginning of the thread, you'll see I told you not to invite your parents if they're that toxic.

Geezus, does your fiance know what he's marrying in you?

Quit being so damn sensitive.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Steelstress comment was personal so I responded back in the same manner.
I was mild compared to you in this thread. You got opinions and advice. Now shutup and do with them what you will and cut the drama.

You should probably show this thread to your fiance. I dare you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings