Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
5 guys is good...well maybe we will get lucky and a Red Robin will open...lol we dont eat them very often so when we do we like to enjoy a good one...thanks for the suggestions
I doubt it in this economy Red Robin will expand here, they are not too popular in Florida.

I wish they would open a Ted's Montana Grill around here but it's not going to happen now. There were plans, but they fell through and they closed one in Naples after only a year. Fuddrucker's did not last long in Wellington, it still sit's empty with the signage and all. They use to be packed too.

I just read the calorie and fat intake for 5 Guy's and then I lose my appetite and say once a year or so is good enough for me if that.

Double Bacon Cheeseburger 950 calories, 30 grams of saturated fat.

Standard large order of french fries 1,500 calories, 71 grams of fat (14 grams saturated)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 10:41 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
I doubt it in this economy Red Robin will expand here, they are not too popular in Florida.

I wish they would open a Ted's Montana Grill around here but it's not going to happen now. There were plans, but they fell through and they closed one in Naples after only a year. Fuddrucker's did not last long in Wellington, it still sit's empty with the signage and all. They use to be packed too.

I just read the calorie and fat intake for 5 Guy's and then I lose my appetite and say once a year or so is good enough for me if that.

Double Bacon Cheeseburger 950 calories, 30 grams of saturated fat.

Standard large order of french fries 1,500 calories, 71 grams of fat (14 grams saturated)
Holy Cow..Ok I dont think I will be eating 5 guys anytime soon either...Red Robin believe it or not is opening up new restaurants I was surprised they have 4 locations in Florida and we know the General Manger of the Southeast Region from when we lived in NC...they opened quiet a few there and we were so happy...LOL that was our treat when we wanted good burgers...and its funny because everywhere we eat its packed at least here in Boca..Oh well the Hunt goes on...

Old 09-16-2010, 05:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,079 times
Check out the Bacon Bleu Burger at Brewzzi, in either Boca Raton or City Place WPB.

Pittsburgh rare.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:26 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Holy Cow..Ok I dont think I will be eating 5 guys anytime soon either...Red Robin believe it or not is opening up new restaurants I was surprised they have 4 locations in Florida and we know the General Manger of the Southeast Region from when we lived in NC...they opened quiet a few there and we were so happy...LOL that was our treat when we wanted good burgers...and its funny because everywhere we eat its packed at least here in Boca..Oh well the Hunt goes on...
Five Guys is awesome. They have a smaller size burger (their "regular" is double patty) that is more than enough! One order of fries is also large enough to split between 3-4 people!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 AM

yes when we lived in Charlotte we LOVED 5 guys..we live 5 minutes from them here in Boca...its good but I wanted like a Gourmet burger so to speak and not just grease..LOL although their french fries are delicious..lol and I always get the little bacon cheeseburger....

Old 09-16-2010, 07:25 AM

ok so NOW im in the mood for 5 guys...ack

Old 09-16-2010, 04:19 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
I like Buttf...err, Fuddruckers, excuse me.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Five Guys is awesome. They have a smaller size burger (their "regular" is double patty) that is more than enough! One order of fries is also large enough to split between 3-4 people!
Large fry from Five Guys between 3-4 people? They usually fill up a 20 oz foam cup probably enough for two people at that. I have seen them shovel in a couple extra scoops in the bag a few times that may warrant that.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Large fry from Five Guys between 3-4 people? They usually fill up a 20 oz foam cup probably enough for two people at that. I have seen them shovel in a couple extra scoops in the bag a few times that may warrant that.
The last time I went to Five Guys I ordered a "side" of fries.... not only did it fill up the container, but spilled over into the bag as well. A "serving size" (what you SHOULD be eating), will yes, be comfortably split between 3 people... as it was the day I mistakenly got a side for myself alone.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The last time I went to Five Guys I ordered a "side" of fries.... not only did it fill up the container, but spilled over into the bag as well. A "serving size" (what you SHOULD be eating), will yes, be comfortably split between 3 people... as it was the day I mistakenly got a side for myself alone.
Dunno most McDonald's regulars who use to love the "Supersize" offerings, would be disappointed with a small portion of fries from Five Guys.

What's amazing is the Five Guys location in Wellington is adjacent to a LA Fitness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach