Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:58 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,961 times

Advertisements

So in West Palm South end from Okeechobee south to the border and east of U S 1, that's a slum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 09:22 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mes3fils View Post
West Boynton Beach is very nice and fairly affordable. Well, atleast if your price range can handle $300k for a moderate sized home with a moderate sized yard. Anything west of Military Trail is nice. Many of the schools in BB are also good, with several of them less than 5yrs old. There is a newer HS on Jog Road that has a great reputation.

Stay away from east of I-95 in any town in PBC. Usually drug-laden areas.

IMO there are more senior citizens in Delray Beach. Stay away from Boca Raton if you are very down-to-earth and not at all with a 'snobby' mentality. Wellington is more spendy and with higher property taxes. Loxahatchee is 'red-neck' territory, but nice if you want a large plot of land and peace and quiet. Lake Worth is being taken over by immigrants and lots of it is 'run down' except the very west portion like near 441.

If you have any more questions, feel free, I have lived here for over 20yrs.

Boynton Beach does NOT have good schools, Park Vista (the school you're referring to). is not considered Boynton Beach. West Boynton has nice houses but the people there are grade A jerks.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:23 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Boynton Beach does NOT have good schools, Park Vista (the school you're referring to). is not considered Boynton Beach. West Boynton has nice houses but the people there are grade A jerks.
Isn't Park Vista technically in Lake Worth? The schools in incorporated Boynton Beach are about as bad as they get in South Florida to my knowledge, and that is saying a LOT.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:24 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Isn't Park Vista technically in Lake Worth?
It's in unincorporated Palm Beach County. It uses a Lake Worth address but it is not truly Lake Worth. It's basically.... nowhere, lol.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:05 AM

135 posts, read 599,982 times
Talking hi

Just East of I-95 is usually drug/crime-ridden areas but as you get east of US1, of course anywhere closer to the ocean/intercoastal is nice/mansions/high-rise condos. Sorry I can't for sure speak for the same areas in WPB, NPB or Jupiter east of 95, so didn't mean to act like I was including there.

I have a friend who lives in a condo in South Palm Beach, on the west side of US 1, and if you go just about a block or two west on Ocean Avenue, there are run-down homes where drugs are sold.

As for Park Vista, it is with a Lake Worth address, but the boundary for that HS goes south....even as far as south of Woolbright. I would know because I live in BB and my son is going there this coming year. In fact, I believe the majority of students that go there do live in BB.

As far as BB schools go, there are many here that are pretty well-rated. In unincorporated BB anyway. Here are some good ones Christa McAuliffe MS, PVHS, there's one on Gateway Blvd-an elementary, can't remember the name, and Hagen Road Elementary also. I believe they are all rated A.

Now, on the other hand, I wouldn't send my dog to Boynton Beach HS, it's the one just west of I95 off of Gateway! Same with Congress MS! fort lauderdale, you have that part right about incorporated schools in BB!!

And, to clarify some words for dennis s:

spendy-expensive
red neck-good ole boys, boots, big trucks, country music, friendly-need I say more?
Boca snobby-very welltodo, bmw's,mercedes,10-yr old girls carrying around 'Coach' handbags, lots of plastic surgery/breast augmentations-need I say more?

Btw dennis s-who mentioned this as a 'slum' area? here's your quote....
"So in West Palm South end from Okeechobee south to the border and east of U S 1, that's a slum?"

LOL!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mes3fils View Post
Just East of I-95 is usually drug/crime-ridden areas but as you get east of US1, of course anywhere closer to the ocean/intercoastal is nice/mansions/high-rise condos. Sorry I can't for sure speak for the same areas in WPB, NPB or Jupiter east of 95, so didn't mean to act like I was including there.

I have a friend who lives in a condo in South Palm Beach, on the west side of US 1, and if you go just about a block or two west on Ocean Avenue, there are run-down homes where drugs are sold.

As for Park Vista, it is with a Lake Worth address, but the boundary for that HS goes south....even as far as south of Woolbright. I would know because I live in BB and my son is going there this coming year. In fact, I believe the majority of students that go there do live in BB.

As far as BB schools go, there are many here that are pretty well-rated. In unincorporated BB anyway. Here are some good ones Christa McAuliffe MS, PVHS, there's one on Gateway Blvd-an elementary, can't remember the name, and Hagen Road Elementary also. I believe they are all rated A.

Now, on the other hand, I wouldn't send my dog to Boynton Beach HS, it's the one just west of I95 off of Gateway! Same with Congress MS! fort lauderdale, you have that part right about incorporated schools in BB!!

And, to clarify some words for dennis s:

spendy-expensive
red neck-good ole boys, boots, big trucks, country music, friendly-need I say more?
Boca snobby-very welltodo, bmw's,mercedes,10-yr old girls carrying around 'Coach' handbags, lots of plastic surgery/breast augmentations-need I say more?

Btw dennis s-who mentioned this as a 'slum' area? here's your quote....
"So in West Palm South end from Okeechobee south to the border and east of U S 1, that's a slum?"

LOL!
"Coach", yes but more like Gucci, Louis Vuitton or Dior handbags. Common elsewhere to see this not just Boca. Add in 7 for all of Mankind Jeans $200/pop and etc.

You pretty much described the Loxahatchee image. There is some guy, I'm sure he is from Loxahatchee that drives around the area with a big Confederate flag mounted in the rear. He looked like Larry the Cable Guy but more authentic.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:19 PM

15 posts, read 53,367 times
Wellington is wonderful. Great schools, super mall and clean. Check out the Grand Isles Community. Lots of community events. Baseball is the big kid sport there. Polo matches on Sunday are fun to watch also.
If you want to be closer to the beach then Delray is great.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:26 PM

I have a great 5 BD home for sale in Wellington, Grand Isles. Kids can jump the fence to get to the Wellington Rec Center. Hated to move but had to relocate.
Jupiter is closer to the beach and a much larger community than Wellington.
Personally I'd feel safer to move children to Wellington than Jupiter. Both are top notch communities.
Wellington does offer the seasonal Polo people. Viewing matches is free if you tailgate.
Good Luck on your move.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 AM

Just like in any metro area, you will know the slums if you drive into them. They are in pockets and some even surround the finer entertainment venues like City Place. A townhome in City Place would be great to live in but you wouldn't want to venture over to Tamaran(sp) avenue after dark.

Good Luck and enjoy SE FL

Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edugator View Post
Just like in any metro area, you will know the slums if you drive into them. They are in pockets and some even surround the finer entertainment venues like City Place. A townhome in City Place would be great to live in but you wouldn't want to venture over to Tamaran(sp) avenue after dark.

Good Luck and enjoy SE FL
City Place is NOT surrounded by slums. Check your facts, maybe by actually having been there.

Tamarind Ave. is pretty far from City Place. The only reason anyone would "venture" over to Tamerind Ave is to catch the train or to look for trouble. Every city in the world has an area to stay out of unless you are looking for trouble.

St. Tropez is beautiful and fun but at night there are places and areas I would never go into.

Get the picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach