Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 05:12 PM

14 posts, read 37,189 times

Advertisements

Thanks Swimmom32!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojosverdes View Post
Thanks Swimmom32!
Your Very Welcome I live before I95

Old 10-04-2010, 04:50 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
Another issue I want to bring up is that many condos with HOA approval can take up to 30 days to get approved. It may not but they won't guarantee sooner.
If you can do a 2 bedroom that will be easier to find. What are some requirements you have?
I agree with Swim I like Central better but there are a few communities in your price range that I think West would be ok. East I can't tell you much about like I said. Many of the condos in a community can range in price depending on the owner,upgrades etc.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 AM

Danielle is correct regarding your price range..If you need schools id really try and stay central than opposed to West...If schools arent an issue right now then West Would be fine as well...I can tell you there are quiet a few in that price range..I can give u some developments to look at that I know of in your price in West Boca..and there is a development near me that will suit your needs a friend of ours is renting there as well...also remember too going with a Private Rental you will need 3 months up front even with a great credit score...every rental we are now looking at is requiring 3 months which we did when we moved to West Boca originally...Good Luck

Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 AM

14 posts, read 37,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Danielle is correct regarding your price range..If you need schools id really try and stay central than opposed to West...If schools arent an issue right now then West Would be fine as well...I can tell you there are quiet a few in that price range..I can give u some developments to look at that I know of in your price in West Boca..and there is a development near me that will suit your needs a friend of ours is renting there as well...also remember too going with a Private Rental you will need 3 months up front even with a great credit score...every rental we are now looking at is requiring 3 months which we did when we moved to West Boca originally...Good Luck
My husband really liked the Central location, plus we'd like to establish ourselves central Boca so in a few years when in the school system we won't be looking in a "new" area. We are now looking at 2 bedrooms too, since there are more and in our price range. We are sticking to about 1 months rent upfront. I spoke to a great agent, who has lived in Boca for 20 years and my husband will meet with her next week. "Fingers Crossed".

I appreciate all of your insight

Old 10-04-2010, 10:58 AM

great if u know where I can go for 1 month rent Id consider..lol our lease is up here in Dec and have been looking although I think we might have to wait until March/April to start looking again...anyway, good luck and pls keep us posted We are very happy here in boca

Old 10-04-2010, 12:13 PM

623 posts, read 1,302,949 times
all the rentals we've seen are asking for sometimes 3 months deposit. EXCEPT for rental complexes (not private).

I have excellent credit and feel like it's absurd, awful and some kind of punishment to ask for this much money -----especially since I have no idea of the credit status of the owner!!!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 06:15 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
all the rentals we've seen are asking for sometimes 3 months deposit. EXCEPT for rental complexes (not private).

I have excellent credit and feel like it's absurd, awful and some kind of punishment to ask for this much money -----especially since I have no idea of the credit status of the owner!!!!!
One way to determine if your future owner is in danger of foreclosure, etc. is

1) to go to the property appraiser website, confirm that the person you are dealing with IS the owner

2) Go to the website for the Palm Beach County clerk of court, and look up "official records":

Public Records: Official Records Public Search - Clerk & Comptroller, Palm Beach County

3) Put the name, and then document type as "LP" (Lis pendens)

4) If the owner has a lis pendens affecting the property, it is a red flag. A further search of court cases online will tell you if a foreclosure action has been filed, or is currently happening on the property.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post

SAK I hear ya dh had/has excellent credit score and we still needed 3 months up front..since we didnt have alot of time to look when we moved from West Boca we wound up in a townhome/apt complex in Broken Sound...it has been fine here however we are really wanting a single family with a pool and screened porch and they all want 3 months up front....so we are still looking but in no rush...

Old 10-05-2010, 03:35 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
I have always put down at least 3 months and have not had issues. I just have the realtor check to make sure the owner is current on payments. The 3 months has nothing to do with credit cause my score is very high as well. Some HOA communities have a security deposit and that is odd to me but I still do it for a nice place.
I can see where a private owner would want 3 months up front. If I owned a property I would want that as well. In this economy especially you never know what will happen and it is hard for a private owner to collect funds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach