Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:46 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,299,608 times

Advertisements

Our Friends are coming for a visit and want to look there..Does anyone know what middle School this development goes to and is it still Park Vista as I was told it was being re-zoned...

Thanks

Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 AM

82 posts, read 219,404 times
It should be Odyssey Middle School and the new high school should be Olympic Heights in Boca. New residents were rezoned two years ago from Park Vista. Opt out schools for the middle school were up in Wellington this year. Do not remember the names.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 AM

oh ok she Isn't going to want Olympic Heights..Im very familiar with it...they were hoping for Park Vista..thank you I will let them know

Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,383,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
oh ok she Isn't going to want Olympic Heights..Im very familiar with it...they were hoping for Park Vista..thank you I will let them know
If they want Park Vista, you should have them check out Journeys End in West Lake Worth. It's a few years older than Canyons, but the homes are comparable and the lots are a little larger. Great neighborhood with really nice amenities.
If they have to have new construction Isola Bella goes to Park Vista I believe.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 PM

Great Info Sky thanks They wanted new construction and loved that the canyons were Social..I will pass the info along...however they might just consider Boca so their kids can attend where our son goes..

Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 PM

OK what am I missing about Olympic?

Old 12-14-2010, 06:27 AM

well its just not a desirable school which is why spanish river and boca are over crowded with alot of kids in his Entrepreneur academy..alot of them are Zoned for Olympic and well they werent attending there..our friends took their kids out of olympic as in their words "One of the Worst HS" I also know someone who taught there when I started doing my research back in 08 and was told to pick another school for academics...I dont want to offend anyone so I wont go into it but from talking to the parents that kids attend that school they arent happy but if your child isnt picked for an academy then they must attend where they are zoned for..Park Vista on the other hand is much better than Olympic...but Park vista right now has almost 3000 kids....

Old 12-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Glad you didn't want to offend anybody. I am afraid to see what you would post if you wanted to.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:03 AM

I didnt plan on posting what I thought as there are people that have kids there and Im not here to offend anyone But I did visit the school for myself...and I will leave it at that... Everyone is entitled to their opinon...and when it comes to schools its just that.....

Old 12-14-2010, 12:25 PM

That is correct. I have visited this school as well and didn't see anything that I haven't seen at any other high school across the country. Everybody has their own opinion and I respect that. However, I have seen some postings about Odyssey Middle by persons on this board (do not remember if it was you or not) and they said some things that were just not true. In fact they just plain lied. They do not know what they are talking about and it gives people the wrong impression. No matter what school your child goes to, they will only get out of it what you put into it. If you depend on the school to do everything, then your child will fail. If you keep track of their progress, who they hang out with and monitor their activities, you should be OK. Just because your child goes to Spanish River or another school with certain demographics, does mean by a long shot that they are IMMUNE TO TROUBLE. One other thing that I have said before. We do not live in a bubble. There is nothing wrong with diversity, and if you seclude your children now, it will only make it more difficult for them in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach