Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:38 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,801,675 times

Advertisements

I did not see a price range and yes many of the areas with new homes are going to have huge HOA and equity. I think Boca is way overpriced. A 3 million plus home and you can practically touch your neighbor. I have mixed feelings of Boca in general. It is not for everyone and overall does not give me a warm family feel.
Like I said the best advice I can give is if you hear of a community that sounds nice to find a realtor that works a lot in that specific community. Often there may not even be an mls listing yet but they may know of something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,385,674 times
There are currently 4 single family homes on the market built after 2003 under 450k in Boca. If you want affordable newer construction, Boca is not the place to find it. Most new construction in Boca is the McMansion style 4000+sqft homes. You can get some good values in that range though since many of them are upside down right now...
If you want affordable mid range newer construction, with higher rated schools, West Boynton/Lake Worth or Wellington are probably going to be your best choices. Abacoa has come down a bit in the Jupiter area, but that's going to be a pretty long drive to Lauderdale.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:44 PM

67 posts, read 190,269 times
Looks like renting for a year may be a good option for us. Looking at wellington and Palm Beach Gardens now. Thanks for all your feedback

Old 02-28-2011, 08:19 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,310,668 times
I dont know if I agree with all of what Sky said but I can tell you we have been extremely happy with our Schools here....You can find a nice large home in West Boca in your price range as well Look At Boca Falls beautiful development and large homes and you will get a great price.. I wouldnt give up on Boca Until you did all your homework and if Schools are a priority I certainly wouldnt rule it out because one wants a new home but that is Just my opinion..I would compare the other areas. and do a side by side comparison and you be the better judge which area would work best for you and your family..Wellington might be an option for you..Renting is the best choice regardless where u decide to move too

Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 AM

42 posts, read 119,262 times
Swimmom2
Where in central boca do you live now? Why did you move from Boca Falls? Just wondering because I am considering Boca Falls.
Thanks

Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 AM

71 posts, read 176,330 times
I don't have children so I can't speak about the school system. I can say Boca is very manicured and easy to get around. I'm 5 minutes to the Turnpike or 95. I was planning to move to Raleigh which is about 2 hrs. to I95. Shopping is 10 min. in either direction (West or East). There's plenty of shopping in West Boca should you decide on that area and they have a great park - South County Regional Park. My neighbor bought a house in Wellington and both her and her husband take the Tri-Rail. She works in Miami and he works in Ft. Lauderdale. So that's an option for your hubby. The Tri-Rail is off Yamato Rd and there's one in Deerfield off Hillsboro.

Good luck in whatever area you choose.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 AM

71 posts, read 176,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookahan View Post
I here you. We do like some areas of Boca, but I am looking for newer construction. Any communities in Boca with newer construction? Thanks
I remember seeing new construction off of Yamato Rd near Broken Sound Parkway in back of the shopping center, East of Military. I think they are planning to build homes off of Military near Spanish River.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:56 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,310,668 times
the ones on Yamato are townhomes and beautiful...Military and Spanish River is protected except for that corner where there was supposed to be a shopping center...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach