Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 11:07 PM

69 posts, read 156,119 times

Advertisements

i live in greenacres, fl, the armpit of palm beach county. the park i live in is called lake worth village. it is corporate owned and they treat us all like crap. cime is constant. every evening there is a ghetto-chopper buzzing over my house. the park management is some of the stupidest nastiest people ive ever delt with. but the worst part of it is, you get special treatment if you are any color other than white. reverse discrimination is constant here. i have had many problems with water and sewer, burgleries etc. if you are planning to move to a mobile home community in greenacres dont choose this one! you will get burned!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:13 AM

130 posts, read 240,708 times
There is no such thing as "reverse discrimination", discrimination is discrimination...As for the helicopter, be glad that the cops are out looking for the bad guys...

Old 05-27-2011, 07:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Are you renting or did you buy? Sounds like you need to remove yourself from that situation/area ASAP if you can.... nobody should ever stay somewhere they are not comfortable!

Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
The title of this thread would be accurate even without the "Lake Worth Village" part being included. If you choose to live in a trailer park, you can't expect a high quality of life.

Move out and get into one of the many inexpensive-but-decent apartment complexes west of I-95. You will thank yourself.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Are you renting or did you buy? Sounds like you need to remove yourself from that situation/area ASAP if you can.... nobody should ever stay somewhere they are not comfortable!

sadley. i own.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:56 AM

179 posts, read 565,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob View Post
i live in greenacres, fl, the armpit of palm beach county. the park i live in is called lake worth village. it is corporate owned and they treat us all like crap. cime is constant. every evening there is a ghetto-chopper buzzing over my house. the park management is some of the stupidest nastiest people ive ever delt with. but the worst part of it is, you get special treatment if you are any color other than white. reverse discrimination is constant here. i have had many problems with water and sewer, burgleries etc. if you are planning to move to a mobile home community in greenacres dont choose this one! you will get burned!

My take on the situation is not the fact that you are choosing to live in a mobile home community. There are many in south Florida that are properly maintained. It is unfortunate that you have randomly picked one that obviously does not do proper screening on it's prospective residents.
You have no real choice but to either relocated yourself, or get some type of crime watch set up. Contact the police department and find out what steps you can take and if you have other neighbors in the park that feel the same way that you do, get together and approach the park owners, and maybe you can work together, on cleaning up your neighborhood. As a group you residents would make a better impact, Let them know that you are tired of the crime, and want to live in peace, and feel safe in your own home. Take back your neighborhood!!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 08:24 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
sadley. i own.
Hmmm... is it a movable trailer? Maybe you can find a better park somewhere?

Or, rent it out and move somewhere yourself!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:53 AM

well about 3 months ago devine intervention came down on me at my trailer in lake worth village -litrelly. we had a slew of nasty thunderstorms and the roof ended up caving in in half the trailer, and i abandoned it. im currently residing in a small 1 bedroom apt in the meadow park neighborhood of WPB and im looking tp buy a real home in the palm springs area.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:57 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Sorry, but the purpose of the boards is not to "rant".

If someone inquires about your area and you wish to maturely state issues you feel exist in the area, please do so. Otherwise, to simply come on to call a place an "armpit", call management "stupid", and just to tell people how much you hate where you live - it's ranting. Sorry - (sound of door closing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach