Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM

29 posts, read 85,517 times

Advertisements

I thought you might find some useful information about the Rialto neighborhood here, including what homes are listed for sale...

**MOD CUT** Sorry, no ads allowed

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 09-12-2011 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 AM

207 posts, read 1,031,804 times
Interesting that they have had new homes on the market for over 100 days. When we looked at the 5bd/5ba model a few weeks ago he said you could get the inventory model for around $600k, which sounds pretty good. We went inside one of the 4 inventory models of that size house and I have to say I was a little turned off by some of the build quality. It really has the hallmark of a production builder despite having a decent exterior with paver driveways and tile roofs. Having lived in a new KB home for the past 5 years, I am put off by the "big box" homes, even though it's true you get a lot of space for the money. Space isn't everything. I want a home that has charm and personality, and that feels integrated with its environment, something I don't feel at Rialto (yet). I'm having a hard time convincing the wife of this...she just wants space.

Regarding Egret and its proximity to 95, I would NOT say that neighborhood has faired as well as others in terms of reale. The homes that back up to 95 are really undesirable and the price reflects that and takes down the price of their neighbors I'm sure. We've definitely ruled that neighborhood out.

These are my current choices (up to $600-650k)

#1 Paseos (mainly because my parents live there, but we also love the med home styles and how well maintained it is and has low HOA fees, homes are a tad too small though but are definitely affordable)
#2 Valencia (feel rich, lush and established, larger homes, but of course more expensive)
#3 Rialto (seems like the best value, but the intangibles mentioned above are not there for me yet)
#4 Wildcard -- any house on a canal that meets our 4bd criteria regardless of size so that I can have a boat and our kids can grow up with that freedom too like I did)

Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 AM

17,170 posts, read 21,830,506 times
FL123,

Tequesta has the best deal on waterfront stuff and gives you the best bang for the buck. Most of the reasonable stuff in Jupiter off Center street is dumpy (not just the house but the whole area).

Paseos does have some bigger homes on big lots (back in the east corner) comes to mind (backs to preserve). Only a few floorplans, most houses look the same.

Egret is established and has 650 homes +/- of which about 75-100 are close to I-95. Look at an area photo and you will see. It also has a 20ft wall that Rialto doesn't have so the noise will be less. Egret has one benefit the others don't: It was built by many different builders so the homes are not all the same. It also didn't suffer the price cut the others did since it was finished before 2005, the others were all finished in the high of the market, causing price drops for the owners.

Valencia- High HOA ( you pay two, one to Valencia and one to Abacoa master). Spear homes have plumbing issues. I know of several homes that flooded due to bad plumbing. Spear also had roof tile issues in the hurricanes (thin ceramic tiles broke easily). Issa homes are known for mold in the above garage apartments (wood side meets concrete 1st floor, seam leaks). Zero lot line type tracts, you can easily touch your neighbor's a/c unit while in your pool at some lots! It also borders the cheaper apartment community on the north side. You can pay 600K for a house and your neighbor directly across the street paid 180-200K. Taxes seem high in there also for what you get.

Bang for your buck will definitely be Rialto! First year you will only pay taxes on the land (2k or so) and you get a brand new house. No a/c, roof, appliance issues to deal with for 10 years+/-. Some of the other communities are reaching the age for appliances/a/c units etc.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Excellent points. I'm constantly amazed at what I learn from this board. It helps.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:53 AM
SXN

350 posts, read 1,287,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Girl View Post
Could you or anyone else who lives in Botanica kindly tell me if it is in a flood zone or not?

Thank you!
Wanted to bump this as I am currently considering Botanica. Anyone know if this development is in the flood zone?

Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,179 times
Palm Beach Pal, I am not sure where you are getting your info, but let me set the record straight on a couple of things. As far as location, I believe it is simply personal preference. Botanica is located near a shopping center, but Rialto is literally right down the street from a shopping center/restaurants/grocery etc. Not a big difference. HOA fees in Mallory Creek are $250 as of early 2012. Nobody knows how long it will take Rialto to build out in this economy. Botanica started building around 2004...8 years ago. They are still not quite finished. Mallory Creek does NOT have another phase. They are all but sold out now. The sales center is leaving in March 2012. The BIG discrepancy is schools. Botanica is zoned for Jupiter Elementary. The lowest rated of all the elementary schools in Jupiter. Big undesireable for that reason if you have elementary aged kids. Mallory Creek kids attend JUPITER schools, not Palm Beach Gardens. All the schools that Mallory Creek kids are zoned for are A rated and top schools. The same is true for Rialto.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag123 View Post
The BIG discrepancy is schools. Botanica is zoned for Jupiter Elementary. The lowest rated of all the elementary schools in Jupiter. Big undesireable for that reason if you have elementary aged kids. Mallory Creek kids attend JUPITER schools, not Palm Beach Gardens. All the schools that Mallory Creek kids are zoned for are A rated and top schools. The same is true for Rialto.
We thought this would be an issue for us when looking at homes in Paseos but we just visited with my parents who live in there and talked to some neighbors with kids and they said since Jupiter Elementary is not A-rated you can CHOOSE to send your kids to either Limestone Creek (which belongs to Rialto) or Jerry Thomas. I was shocked to learn this, so Paseos is back on the list for us, but that is critical info for anyone looking to buy in Botanica, Paseos or the Maplewood area. I have yet to confirm this info online but I trusted 100% the information we were being given by the people that actually lived there and had kids.

Last edited by flguy123; 01-24-2012 at 08:14 AM..

Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 PM

17,170 posts, read 21,830,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy123 View Post
We thought this would be an issue for us when looking at homes in Paseos but we just visited with my parents who live in there and talked to some neighbors with kids and they said since Jupiter Elementary is not A-rated you can CHOOSE to send your kids to either Limestone Creek (which belongs to Rialto) or Jerry Thomas. I was shocked to learn this, so Paseos is back on the list for us, but that is critical info for anyone looking to buy in Botanica, Paseos or the Maplewood area. I have yet to confirm this info online but I trusted 100% the information we were being given by the people that actually lived there and had kids.

Not sure about that info... Limestone has a gifted program so that would be a reason to send your kid out of the zoned school but "choosing" to send your kid out of zoned school sounds sketchy.....

Old 03-01-2012, 11:27 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,389,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy123 View Post
Divosta is putting up a brand new community called Windsor Park that will be right next to Mallory Creek. The homes will be Florida Bungalow, Key West, and Mediterranean. It's only going to be 400 homes with a fitness center, and pool. They started taking reservations and are currently putting up models. Their largest floorplan will be around 3800 sqft if you do the garage apt.
Looks like it's going to be very nice.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:58 AM

157 posts, read 283,564 times
We are currently building in Rialto. While it's close to 95, you really can't hear it. We stood on a lot that's about as close to 95 as you'll get within the community, and noise was not an issue. Yes, "big box" homes tend to be a bit boring, but we capitalized on the price and chose to change or install certain things after we take possession. To customize the home and make it a bit warmer and more stylish, we are putting in our own wood floors, and having painters come in to change the color, among other things.

Things we liked:

-Large yard
-Price per sq ft
-Location (close to my job in Jupiter, close to 95 for fiance's job)
-HOA seemed lenient on various things. For example, while privacy hedges can only be 1ft higher than. your fence, if it's not a hedge, it can be as tall as you like. One home had bamboo that was being used as a privacy barrier that was at least 25ft tall.
-Some of the upgrades are actually reasonably priced. The staircase railing, for instance, was a great upgrade at a good price compared to swapping it out yourself.
-Nice pool, basketball court, tennis, water park area for kids

Things we didn't like:

-There was no choice in terms of the style of cabinets for some of the homes (which is odd when you're spending 400k)
-No choice of paint color when you "upgrade" to a different paint (which is why we're painting after we take possession). They offer 1 color, take it or leave it.
-They didn't offer porcelain tile, engineered wood, solid hardwood, or laminate flooring.
-The stainless steel appliances they offer as an upgrade aren't worth the money.

We also looked at Windsor Park and Paloma. Both were more expensive with far less land, although they did offer more upgrades. However, in terms of more expensive, we're talking approximately 60-85k more for the same size home (Windsor), and more for Paloma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach