Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:13 PM

40 posts, read 86,276 times

Advertisements

Gomexico or Janp888, did you guys make the trip? I'm interested in hearing what you learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,488,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petede View Post
Gomexico or Janp888, did you guys make the trip? I'm interested in hearing what you learned.
I did take the trip, at the beginning of April.

I looked at Kings Point in Delray Beach, Century Village/Boca Raton and some of Century Village/West Palm Beach.

My preference is probably in this order: CV/Boca, Kings Point/Delray Beach. The properties are well-maintained. The surrounding areas/communities are more upscale than CV/West Palm. CV/West Palm is more convenient to many things and more public transit options, I'm thinking, but some of the nearby neghborhoods might be best described as "trailer trash."

A challenge when moving into one of these 55+ communities is finding a unit in an association which is sufficiently occupied with assessment paying owners to cover CAM expenses.

At CV/Boca I visited a half-dozen units in different buildings, and it appeared a majority of the units were for sale. There's a glut on the market. For how long is anyone's guest. Prices are low, though.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 AM

18 posts, read 61,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
There are many condos for rent in Century Village West Palm Beach, and probably at the other 3 CV properties in the region. the www.realtor.com website should list them. I saw some listed when looking yesterday. These are 55+ communities. Rents for a 1BR seem to range from $550 to $700 per month. I believe seasonal or yearly leases are required.

I've been doing a lot of investigation of the CVWP community and am about to walk away from further consideration because I'm learning some of the individual condo associations there are looking the other way and allowing the sale and/or rental of units to families, people under 55, etc. Sale prices have been low at that community and some associations seem anxious to get units occupied and assessments paid ... no matter the source. Doing so may place the community's tax status in jeopardy, though and that could become a negative for people owning the properties.

So, I'm beginning to shift my attention to the Century Village at Boca Raton community. Sale prices are probably 25% to 30% higher than CVWP, but some which appear (online) appear to be decent/good and available for purchase ffor $25,000+. Some 1BR for $20,000. The Boca Raton community - buildings and grounds - appear to be better maintained.

I still plan to have a look at both communities when I visit in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.
Keeping u posted. Just bought a condo on Hillsboro Mile. Very resonable and beautiful area with it's private beach and close to everything! Best of all it's not a 55+ and for all ages so my son & his wife can enjoy it too. Will be checking out now some CV in Deerfield Beach for my mom & mother in law as they want to join us in Florida. Hope you have successfully found some property too. TY for posting.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 PM

166 posts, read 384,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
One good source of information I frequently consult is www.realtor.com. It's a website where you'll find listings of homes and condominiums for sale. The real estate market is slow and if you want to gain access to any of the various potential communities just call one of the realtors listed on the realtor.com site with properties in the communities and ask for them to arrange a tour of the complexes and properties. There'll be no committment required on your part. That's what I'm going to do. The realtor will be able to explain the varous fees, assessments, taxes, insurance costs, etc.
Realtor.com is great for viewing listings but if you want to ask questions then Trulia.com is much better. You can ask a question and Realtors will respond.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:05 AM

4 posts, read 4,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janp888 View Post
Keeping u posted. Just bought a condo on Hillsboro Mile. Very resonable and beautiful area with it's private beach and close to everything! Best of all it's not a 55+ and for all ages so my son & his wife can enjoy it too. Will be checking out now some CV in Deerfield Beach for my mom & mother in law as they want to join us in Florida. Hope you have successfully found some property too. TY for posting.
I am on the same quest as you were friend. I, too, am relocating to S. Florida and we seem to have the same criteria so I found that the legwork that you did to be very helpful. Tell me, how do you like Hillsboro Hills?

Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 PM

4 posts, read 5,687 times
Default Deerfield pinesnorth Condos

Hi we are in early 50's and looking to retire and buy 2br 2baths condo in Deerfield. Has anyone heard of Deerfield pinesnorth condos and would they recommend this location . We cant afford beachfront and dont mind the walk > how safe is this area of Deerfield ? Any other sugestions for under $50 G's?
thx.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 5,687 times
Congrats on your recent purchase. We have been looking at Mesa for the past few years but a client of mine has a couple condos in Deerfield and offered it to us for a week this fall. We are now actively seeking info on this area and other surrounding areas. We are from the geographical center of Canada and need a beach not a desert ! Thanks for your info!

Old 03-31-2013, 12:23 PM

19 posts, read 44,736 times
Any places where you can have a barbeque?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach