Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,551 times

Advertisements

Hello I am hoping someone could assist me, I might be moving to the Boca Raton area because of work. I have two children 17 and 12 and I am curious to what neighborhood has good schools and homes to purchase.

I would also like to know if I would be able to afford Boca on a combined salary of 110,000. Or will we feel like poor people in this town?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 03:59 PM
AFD

41 posts, read 167,554 times
Your question is too broad...need to narrow it down...110k a year is a great income for family of four, But what price range for rent/mortgage makes a huge difference in Boca. Generally Boca is one of the few cities in Palm Beach county where 96% of the area are good and safe, more money gets nicer homes/condo closer to amenities. One of my customers just bought a 4/3 pool SFH in gated community in Boca Highlands for 160k..older home 1998 but in great condition and good schools for their 3 kids.

Homes owners Insurance west of I-95 forces lots of people to look out west. I really like Boca most of it is very nice and manicured...
More specific where are you moving from so people can compare and help answer your question?
what are you looking to spend to purchase or rent?
Proximity to Beach important?
Proximity to I-95 important?
Kids go to public or private schools?
things like that help get answers
Good Luck.
either way Boca gets thumbs up for 95% of the areas as far as safety and good schools.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derf3251 View Post
Hello I am hoping someone could assist me, I might be moving to the Boca Raton area because of work. I have two children 17 and 12 and I am curious to what neighborhood has good schools and homes to purchase.

I would also like to know if I would be able to afford Boca on a combined salary of 110,000. Or will we feel like poor people in this town?

Thanks for your help.

Boca has many, many regular neighborhoods where 100K+ will be the norm for household incomes. They pushed the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Aimless" marketing campaign for years but in reality that is limited to a handful of neighborhoods/country clubs.

Boca has good schools, great parks/recreation/beaches and enough of a tax base that you can still afford to live there just don't get blinded by the bling bling.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Ahh Love the Bling No all joking aside, there are quiet a few normal neighborhoods....

Old 03-29-2012, 02:29 AM

1 posts, read 752 times
And what is with climate there? Children need a god air to develop in a right way, to be healthy and strong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach