Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:24 PM

19 posts, read 105,248 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate in Boca and it seems like the best place to live is Delray Beach (young, fun) and just commute the 10(+ or -) miles to Boca.

Me and my wife are in hour mid/late 20's, we don't party "hard", but like to go out on the weekends, ride our bikes, go to events, etc...

I'm looking for your advice on where to live in Delray Beach where we can be close enough to ride/walk to a nearby restaurant, bar or grocery store. Of course living within a bike ride distance of the beach would be amazing...

The renting budget is $900-$1200ish
if you can give me specific names of condos/apts it would be great!

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
The area off of linton just east of 95 should have some places that are younger and in your price range.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
I just looked off the Palm Beach Post Real Estate search. It's the BEST search for real estate in PBC! I did your budget and looked into Delray for rents and there is PERFECT condo complex for your range called Murano at Delray Beach. Look it up on Google. It's so beautiful. You will love it. It's the perfect fit for you!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:33 PM

623 posts, read 1,302,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I just looked off the Palm Beach Post Real Estate search. It's the BEST search for real estate in PBC! I did your budget and looked into Delray for rents and there is PERFECT condo complex for your range called Murano at Delray Beach. Look it up on Google. It's so beautiful. You will love it. It's the perfect fit for you!

There were a few posters on here a while back who were tenants of Murano. Maybe do a search here? Good Luck. Delray is G/R/E/A/T

Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM

THANK YOU ALL!!

ideally I want to stay EAST of 95 in between Linton blvd and Lake Ida Rd. Even if that means a smaller place (1br), I think our priority is to be close to all the Delray Beach amenities (Avenue, beach, etc..)

Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Yeah Murano is nice, but it is a few miles west. There's 4-5 complexes there that should have units around your price range.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 39,800 times
Default Murano condo complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
We live in Murano, and it really is a great condo complex. Indeed, it is a bit further west from the downtown area but only a 5 min drive. What is nice is that it's very quiet and safe. We lived here for 2 1/2 years now and never had or heard of any problems. It is also kept very clean. If you guys want to be close to the downtown area but still want to have some quiet time, this is the place.
I wouldn't live east of I95 unless it is right close to the beach. East of I95 is not that safe, lots of "ghetto" looking poor areas. Also, the closer you get to the beach the more expensive it is. In Murano we pay 1100/month rent for a two bedroom apt.

Two comments removed - you can give your opinion without discrediting another poster's comments, or insulting an entire age group. - moderator

Even in the more party areas of the town you will not see people in their 20's or 30's unless they are tourists. Most people partying in the downtown area are late 40's and 50's. If you are looking for younger crowds you will have to drive north to Boynton or WPB, or south to deerfield beach.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 03-31-2012 at 10:21 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 PM

2 posts, read 39,800 times
Default comments

I apologize, it was not my intent to discredit or insult anybody. I was just merely expressing my own opinions in this matter. Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 AM
AFD

41 posts, read 167,526 times
After driving on or through 95 % of all streets in the downtown area and just outside downtown. I have come to the conclusion that people see a minority or what the media calls a minority they say it is an unsafe area.

Unlike what you have heard you will find many people in their 20's and 30's relaxing,clubbing, biking, skating,walking and basically enjoying life downtwon. The idea of leaving Downtown Delray Beach to go to sleeping Boynton for fun is absurd.

Linton Blvd,Swinton,George Bush to Atlantic ocean you will find this area mostly great. Crime is fairly low in this area. However you are not in a gated community for the most part so you will find streets where one house is picturesque and the house next door is a dump.

I personally need to go to the beach 3-4 times a week, I like riding my bike to restaurants for lunch, I cruise on my Skateboard in Downtown, I work in downtown..so Naturally I had to live in Downtown. im 39 years old. every now and then I do go to the clubs. Since I have been here I have made more friends than living in California & Washington state for last 19 years.

My friends are between 25-48 and they all live in the downtown area or downtown corridor. Once you start going West of I-95 its mostly families with kids and retirees...MY mom lives in West Delray.

If you want control of how your neighbors house look or how his apt look you need to look for places inside a gated community or association. I just bought a house right off Atlantic/Swinton but if I was looking for an apt I would look exactly in the area you are focused on...

One thing to keep in mind however is that the train runs right through downtwon so you really need to be careful about the place you pick if you are trying to arrange a place before getting here..If the noise of trains bothers you.

But Finally come down and check it out for yourself....For Yourself!!!! you will be glad you did

Old 04-01-2012, 06:49 PM

AFD, what a positive outlook!

I'm glad to hear from someone who lives right off of Atlantic Avenue. I'm like you, I need to be close to the beach, restaurants, and grocery store; even if that means I have to sacrifice being in a gated community or in a big apt. My priority is location not size.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the train, I saw the railroad on the map but it never crossed my mind. hahahaha

Do you know any specific condos or apts in the E Atlantic area that are available that you would recommend?

of course I want to be in a safe area (specially for my wife), but I've lived in big cities and I know how to not be prey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach