Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 PM

6 posts, read 9,357 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just got a job at Nextera Energy/ FPL and know nothing about the area. I am relocating with with my girlfriend and we wanted to spend 900-1200 on a 2 br place and didn't know what areas were good/ safe we are both in our twenties and she has a job at PwC in downtown West Palm. If you could please help us narrow down the areas to look at it would be very helpful. We do go out to bars on occasion but really aren't into clubs and currently live in a suburb of Columbus.Also what are some of the nicer beaches in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 12:29 AM

3 posts, read 4,189 times
Default Re:

Hello- I'm also from Ohio (and in my 20's) and came to this forum in search of a good property management company and/or some property manager referrals for some family owned condos in the Palm Beach area in FL, and your post caught my eye. I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but a few of them are vacant and located in a nice area of Lake Worth and on the smaller side but with some nice perks (safe area/furnished/pool/golf course within a very short walk/on intercoastal waterway, etc).

If you're interested, I'll be happy to tell you more. Otherwise, let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cheers,

Ashley

Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Normally I would say go with downtown West Palm, but a 2br for 1200 would be a stretch.

Very near downtown is the Flagler Pointe building, which you may want to look into. Can get a 2 br there in an intracoastal building.

Otherwise, other options in your price range include places in Jupiter/Gardens... such as Fiore, San Matera or Legacy Place. Legacy Place would get you walkable to supermarkets (Public Greenwise), some restaurants and shopping... as well as be across the street from "Downtown at the Gardens" and the mall. You'd be about 20 minutes to downtown WPB.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the responses. Ashley we would certainly be interested, but I'm not sure if we would want the place furnished and TriMT7 thanks for the tips, I would be willing to spend more but currently have a house that I have to sell here and don't want rent plus a mortgage payment. Are there certain places we should stay away from in our search?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km152203 View Post
Thanks for the responses. Ashley we would certainly be interested, but I'm not sure if we would want the place furnished and TriMT7 thanks for the tips, I would be willing to spend more but currently have a house that I have to sell here and don't want rent plus a mortgage payment. Are there certain places we should stay away from in our search?

To stay away from: almost all of Riviera Beach (unless it's on Singer Island). Certain areas in the north end of West Palm Beach. Certain areas in unincorporated part of the county, west of West Palm Beach.

Juno is almost universally ok to live, as is Gardens and Jupiter, except for pockets here and there.

A 1200 budget will likely keep you out of all the bad areas. Also look into the community called "Fiore," just off Donald Ross Road.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Thanks for all the helpful info! I'll look into the places you listed above. I'm excited to enjoy some sunshine! if you can think of anymore useful tips for us it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM

128 posts, read 455,218 times
come down just make sure u got deep pockets .

Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM

5 posts, read 7,396 times
Hey There!
Me and my fiance (in our 20's) are also being relocated to Juno Beach with the same company! I lived in this area about 6 years ago and loved it. But I was closer to the Palm Beach Gardens/Singer Island area.

Advice: Stay away from Blue Heron and Riviera Beach!
Palm Beach Gardens has some good bars and restaurants - Cruzan Rum Bar (near US1 off of PGA), Yardhouse (next to Gardens mall), Brass Ring - best burgers ever (near Northlake & US1) - hopefully they are still open.
Downtown West Palm has a good mix of bars and clubs off of Clematis street.

When I lived there, I frequently visited Peanut Island (camping and beach area), Juno Beach park area and Singer Island beach; they were all very nice.

I'll be starting in June and we would like to be closer to the Downtown West Palm Beach area, maybe south of there. We want to rent a house with a yard. I've heard that the neighborhoods of Flamingo Park, Grandview Heights, El Cid, Sunshine Park and Southland Park are good. I am not too familiar with these areas, so if you hear anything, please let me know.
We contacted a real estate agent who is helping us with the search, I would suggest doing that as well. If you want his contact info I can send it, let me know.

If I come across anything, I'll reply back.
Well I hope this helps!
-John

Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFL View Post
Hey There!
Me and my fiance (in our 20's) are also being relocated to Juno Beach with the same company! I lived in this area about 6 years ago and loved it. But I was closer to the Palm Beach Gardens/Singer Island area.

Advice: Stay away from Blue Heron and Riviera Beach!
Palm Beach Gardens has some good bars and restaurants - Cruzan Rum Bar (near US1 off of PGA), Yardhouse (next to Gardens mall), Brass Ring - best burgers ever (near Northlake & US1) - hopefully they are still open.
Downtown West Palm has a good mix of bars and clubs off of Clematis street.

When I lived there, I frequently visited Peanut Island (camping and beach area), Juno Beach park area and Singer Island beach; they were all very nice.

I'll be starting in June and we would like to be closer to the Downtown West Palm Beach area, maybe south of there. We want to rent a house with a yard. I've heard that the neighborhoods of Flamingo Park, Grandview Heights, El Cid, Sunshine Park and Southland Park are good. I am not too familiar with these areas, so if you hear anything, please let me know.
We contacted a real estate agent who is helping us with the search, I would suggest doing that as well. If you want his contact info I can send it, let me know.

If I come across anything, I'll reply back.
Well I hope this helps!
-John

If you're looking to be IN West Palm Beach, ask your realtor to also show you options in the "South of Southern" neighborhoods (east of Dixie)... it's a couple miles further south from downtown, but also close to the intracoastal, and roughly equidistant between downtown WPB and downtown Lake Worth.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:35 PM

John thanks for the reponse, and yeah I have alos heard those neighborhoods are fun/historic. I did get in contact with a relator since Nextera sent me one to talk to. I should be down april 17th to check out places. I can let you know more after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach