Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:46 PM

4 posts, read 16,570 times

Advertisements

I've just spent the last few days looking for homes near Jupiter. I focused a lot of my search on Palm City, Jensen Beach and in Jupiter.

I really liked Egret Landing in Jupiter. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other communities in Palm Beach County that are similar to this community. We need to be by good schools.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 06:37 PM

199 posts, read 219,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhokie View Post
I've just spent the last few days looking for homes near Jupiter. I focused a lot of my search on Palm City, Jensen Beach and in Jupiter.

I really liked Egret Landing in Jupiter. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other communities in Palm Beach County that are similar to this community. We need to be by good schools.

Thanks for any help.
We looked in Egrets landing before we settled on Boca. Egrets is nice and the schools are A rated. Just be careful about anything on Scrub Jay Lane in Egrets. It borders the main entrance road and is always noisy.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:13 PM

26 posts, read 178,940 times
Egret Landing is great. If we stay on the east coast, that is a top neighborhood consideration. Do take note of homes closer to the highway (they of course will be less $, you don't want that). I'd pick Jupiter as #1 in the county. Check into schools depending on how old your kid(s) are. There is some funny zoning going on in Jupiter where some residents/neighborhoods like Abacoa, are zoned for the bad high school (dwyer) and not Jupiter High School. I feel like Egret Landing was zoned for the best schools, but check yourself.

My friends who live in Abacoa think there will be a new high school by the time their toddlers are that age, but you may be in a different situation.

Good luck

Old 11-23-2009, 07:53 PM

12 posts, read 75,496 times
Default Egret Landing Homes

Egret Landing is one of those neighborhoods that never seems to go out of style. The homes in there are large and for the most part current in their fit and finish. At the entrance to Egret Landing you're a short drive to most things Jupiter. At the rear of the community prepare to hear the the interstate in your backyard. ***MOD CUT***Good luck on your Jupiter real estate.

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 11-24-2009 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: ads not allowed

Old 11-24-2009, 05:38 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,033 times
I have lived in Jupiter for over 30 years and worked as a Property Manager here. Raised three children here. I love Jupiter, it has so much to offer.

Egret Landing is a beautiful community and is centrally located to schools, shopping, churches, major highways and to the neighboring communities of Abacoa and Palm Beach Gardens. The beautiful beaches and fishing is only a short drive.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:44 AM

29 posts, read 85,718 times
One of my favorite things about Egret Landing is how the neighborhood meanders around a few mile circle and all the streets are named after birds, and go in alphabetical order making it easy to find your way around.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:33 PM

141 posts, read 453,534 times
My mortgage broker highly recommended egret landing to me. He said they almost never decrease in value and held up well in the economy. He said its a great place to raise a family. He also highly recommended paseos which I think is near egret.

I have never looked into these communities, but he is very knowledgeable about the area.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:16 AM

29 posts, read 85,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
My mortgage broker highly recommended egret landing to me. He said they almost never decrease in value and held up well in the economy. He said its a great place to raise a family. He also highly recommended paseos which I think is near egret.

I have never looked into these communities, but he is very knowledgeable about the area.
I really don't want to discredit your mortgage broker, but the homes in Egret Landing, as elsewhere, have dropped significantly in value. Paseos is about 1 mile away from Egret Landing, and Abacoa is also a community that I would look into.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM

141 posts, read 453,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMorrisInc View Post
I really don't want to discredit your mortgage broker, but the homes in Egret Landing, as elsewhere, have dropped significantly in value. Paseos is about 1 mile away from Egret Landing, and Abacoa is also a community that I would look into.
hmmm, ok, guess he doctored the home sales chart then.

I also guess blockshopper.com has false information. This house just sold: 342 Kingfisher Drive, Jupiter, Florida 33458 | BlockShopper South Florida

for $650,000 on December 31, 2009. Was sold as new construction in 2001 for $350k. Of course it took a little fall due the the economy (what house in the US hasn't?) it sold for 690k in 08 vs 650k in 09. I would say that its holding its value very well..I just bought in palm beach gardens at half the price my house sold for in 06.

Abacoa is NOT a community in Jupiter, it is a subsection of Jupiter which is mostly new construction communities.

How about doing a little research first before discrediting someone, k? thanks

Old 03-30-2010, 12:17 PM

162 posts, read 679,207 times
Actually Abacoa is it's own community, with a master HOA (and separate HOA's for each neighborhood)....

I'm fortunate enough to have access to a database of current and historic sales from Property Appraiser records. This is what I found for Egret Landing over the past four years:

2006 - 16 sales, median price $548,500
2007 - 41 sales, median price $540,000
2008 - 31 sales, median price $480,000
2009 - 26 sales, median price $405,000

Based on this information, median home prices have fallen by 26% in four years. While bad, it's much better than the 48% decline in single family home prices witnessed countywide (source: Florida Association of Realtors)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach