Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM

9 posts, read 20,634 times

Advertisements

I am looking to rent a home in the South Palm Park Section of Lake Worth. On 18th ave South. Its 2blocks East of Federal Hwy. I am not familiar with the area and wanted to know if it was safe ?? I know its South lake Worth but I thought all the crime was inbetween Dixie and I95. Again I am not familiar with the area. So any feed back on South Palm Park area would be great.

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM

16,889 posts, read 16,010,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorenzo View Post
I am looking to rent a home in the South Palm Park Section of Lake Worth. On 18th ave South. Its 2blocks East of Federal Hwy. I am not familiar with the area and wanted to know if it was safe ?? I know its South lake Worth but I thought all the crime was inbetween Dixie and I95. Again I am not familiar with the area. So any feed back on South Palm Park area would be great.
Quote:

Thanks !

No. Not completely horrible if you live there and just go to work and come home but I most definitely wouldn't walk out on the street after dark. The neighborhood just a dozen blocks north of there, east of Federal highway, is much better.....but I still wouldn't be walking the street at night.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 AM

THanks.. Really? Its that bad you cant walk around? I dont think we will be walking around at night? I thought that Southern Lake Worth east of Federal was up and coming and safe?? I thought all of the crime is between I95 and Federal?

Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 AM

33 posts, read 109,274 times
Quote:

Thanks !
I lived at 15th Ave South and Lakeside for a few years and it was great. Never did I ever feel once unsafe. It is an urban area, so im sure crime happens not far away, and from time to time I did see some suspicious characters, but nothing that would have deterred me from living there. It's a good spot not far from the interstate, easy access to Boynton and West Palm and the Lake Worth Corridor. The Publix in Lantana Shopping Center is also fantastic and something I miss going to all the time. It was a great place to do a run in the morning or a bike ride!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahambrunk View Post
I lived at 15th Ave South and Lakeside for a few years and it was great. Never did I ever feel once unsafe. It is an urban area, so im sure crime happens not far away, and from time to time I did see some suspicious characters, but nothing that would have deterred me from living there. It's a good spot not far from the interstate, easy access to Boynton and West Palm and the Lake Worth Corridor. The Publix in Lantana Shopping Center is also fantastic and something I miss going to all the time. It was a great place to do a run in the morning or a bike ride!

It's not safe anymore. It used to be nice.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,298,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

It's not safe anymore. It used to be nice.

When? 1962?

I'm not so sure about that particular area of Lake Worth.... but at least crime as a whole in the city has been on a trending-downward slide the past 12 years or so:

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...h-Florida.html

Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 PM

[quote=TriMT7;26427743]When? 1962?

I'm not so sure about that particular area of Lake Worth.... but at least crime as a whole in the city has been on a trending-downward slide the past 12 years or so.

No. Since about 2002. You were close...just missed it by 40 years.
No reason to look at "crime as a whole in the city" when we're talking about one small specific part of it.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,298,528 times
[quote=rainroosty;26427820]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
When? 1962?

I'm not so sure about that particular area of Lake Worth.... but at least crime as a whole in the city has been on a trending-downward slide the past 12 years or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

No. Since about 2002. You were close...just missed it by 40 years.
No reason to look at "crime as a whole in the city" when we're talking about one small specific part of it.

2002 until now? The damage in Lake Worth has been done over a period encompassing a lot more than 10 years.

Shame, really. Such potential.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:57 PM

Ummm So this part of South Eastern Lake Worth is not a good spot to rent a house for a few weeks for a vacation. Go to the beach.. then hang out by the pool?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Ummm So this part of South Eastern Lake Worth is not a good spot to rent a house for a few weeks for a vacation. Go to the beach.. then hang out by the pool?

Renting for a few weeks on vacation is a different story. Yes, that's okay....just avoid walking at night.
You could even walk to and from the beach since it's daytime when you go there.
Also avoid walking on Federal Highway, the main drag there.
If you walk somewhere walk on Lakeside Drive or Palmway - they're right there where you will be.
Those streets are much safer. Still, avoid the night walking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach