Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 AM

9 posts, read 13,948 times

Advertisements

Ok it's been 14 yrs since we lived in W.PalmBch. We are planning to leave the Orlando area and move back to WPB area in May/June so I need to know what its like now a days.

I KNOW the cost of living is more down there compared to O-town so I want to present our circumstances and would love to here thoughts from those who currently live in PBC.

Hubby is transferring to a new office in Riviera Beach. We do not need to live in Riviera Beach, which is fine.....cause we rather not.
*The most he can commute is 15-20 minutes from the office (he works on the road, in and out of the office.)
we have 2 kids, a dog! We plan to purchase a home but we want to rent for a year first before making that decision.

*We have to live below are means for a year so we are looking around $1200-$1300 for a rental.
Is this possible? Is that price range going to put us in the dumps?
We are looking for family friendly neighborhoods. We are going to be homeschooling so schools are not really the focus, but a good school district would be nice. And would like to be close to everything.

I know the rental market is scarce, so can anyone also recommend any property management companies that is professional and trustworthy?

Sorry for all the questions. We do plan to make a few trips first. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
It's doable, probably an apartment complex, you will probably find out that most apartment complexes have mixed reviews and it typically calls for some investigation and time on your part, visiting the complex and asking some residents how it is. Biggest complaint I hear is noise, late night parties, door slamming, lack of parking spots and dogs barking all hours of the night.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
It's doable, probably an apartment complex, you will probably find out that most apartment complexes have mixed reviews and it typically calls for some investigation and time on your part, visiting the complex and asking some residents how it is. Biggest complaint I hear is noise, late night parties, door slamming, lack of parking spots and dogs barking all hours of the night.

So $1200-$1300 will only get us an apartment anywhere in Palm Beach County?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM-246 View Post
So $1200-$1300 will only get us an apartment anywhere in Palm Beach County?
On average yes...maybe a townhome if you can find one. Demand is insane....be sure to have enough funds if you go private...first...last...security is a lot of money up front.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Thanks for the info. I hate apartments!! I'll have to except the fact that a townhouse will have to do. I can handle a th.

I'm looking at Wellington, or Palm Bach Gardens area. Not sure where in W. Palm to look. Villages of Palm Bch? Not sure how it is now a days

Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
Today I was in Mira Flores apartments , palm beach gardens. They're nice! and what a great location. Not sure about much else, maybe they're well priced? anyone know or live near there.

You can walk or bike to whole foods, the mall, all these cool restaurants. Plus, again, I think it's probably 2 miles or so to the beach. HEAVEN!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
Today I was in Mira Flores apartments , palm beach gardens. They're nice! and what a great location. Not sure about much else, maybe they're well priced? anyone know or live near there.

You can walk or bike to whole foods, the mall, all these cool restaurants. Plus, again, I think it's probably 2 miles or so to the beach. HEAVEN!

I'm from Broward County and use to live by the beach.. but I've been living in Orlando the past 9 years....2 miles to the beach would be Heaven for us as well, I miss it so much.
I know of a lot of apartments down there are nice,. Unfortunately apartments are out of the question for us. 2 kids an a dog!!! I rather pay a lot more $$for a townhouse than an apartment. At least with a townhouse we only have to worry about neighbors on our sides, not above or/and below. know what I mean?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 AM
SXN

350 posts, read 1,288,900 times
I lived a mira flores a year or two ago. They kept cycling through property management people, so hopefully now is better. Location is awesome, apartments are decent. When I was there, they were renovating apartments. The new ones looked nice, but not sure if they are in the OP's price range anymore.

Mix of different people living there, no safety issues, but I didn't like it. Lots of people employed at Downtown at the Gardens and nearby restaurants live there. So you'd always have people coming off their shift at odd hours making noise. Nothing like getting woken up at 1 AM on a weekday by people coming home from a shift and deciding to drink and mess around in the parking lot.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM-246 View Post
Thanks for the info. I hate apartments!! I'll have to except the fact that a townhouse will have to do. I can handle a th.

I'm looking at Wellington, or Palm Bach Gardens area. Not sure where in W. Palm to look. Villages of Palm Bch? Not sure how it is now a days
It's slim pickens, a lot of townhomes are probably in your price range but having a pet will make it more difficult. A lot of landlords won't accept pets, most if not all of the apartment complexes do.

Wellington is expensive as is PBG, the places you see in either location that are sub $1300/month are not that great. There were some rentals in PBG that were nice, older Divosta build single level quads off, but they go fast and many private owners don't accept pets.

I have seen some rentals in Sun Terrace at the Oaks in PBG, but they tend to go fast.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:54 PM

39 posts, read 114,725 times
I see tons of rentals on the market. As a matter of fact, there are multiple rental units in my neighborhood right now that have sat vacant for more than a month. I don't agree at all that you'll get something for $1200 per month. $1600-$1800 is what I see - and that's for a 1800sf townhouse. Then again, maybe that's why the rentals in my neighborhood (all of which are houses) are still vacant. For $1200 per month you're looking at a condo that's 1100sf or so. That's pretty small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach