Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 AM

192 posts, read 408,161 times

Advertisements

Husband drove by Valencia yesterday - he agreed that the houses were very good looking, but looked really close together...we are going to need more space. Anything in the area with bigger yards? We looked a bit west, but don't want to be as far out as Jupiter Country Estates (although the lot sizes were much more to our liking)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 04:14 PM

431 posts, read 1,664,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum23 View Post
Husband drove by Valencia yesterday - he agreed that the houses were very good looking, but looked really close together...we are going to need more space. Anything in the area with bigger yards? We looked a bit west, but don't want to be as far out as Jupiter Country Estates (although the lot sizes were much more to our liking)...
Egret Landing is where you want to be. Only problem is there is nothing for sale.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 AM

17,084 posts, read 21,755,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U120 View Post
Egret Landing is where you want to be. Only problem is there is nothing for sale.
Wow, that is shocking. 5 listings in a community of over 600 homes......
Less than 1% available.

To the OP, look at Rialto. Bigger lots, new homes but it may trigger your "no McMansion" clause...

Old 02-24-2013, 12:01 PM

Ok...need to narrow this down a bit. We have decided that we want to be closer to the coast and water (not because we have a boat, we just like it better). So, besides Jupiter Inlet Colony...and family friendly neighborhoods around there? We were not too impressed with Tequesta CC area...

Old 02-24-2013, 01:36 PM

355 posts, read 910,306 times
Is there a particular price range you are looking in?

Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 AM

66 posts, read 116,758 times
Tough to maximize the "kid-friendly" part of it in a lot of the stuff closer to the water. I guess if you're already determined on the private school path, you can look at some of the stuff in Juno and along Prosperity Farms heading south - have a lot of friends who live on the water down that way with young kids. But, they wouldn't send their kids to public school there.

Within Abacoa, there are some sneaky/surprisingly large lots out there, but you have to look for them. Getting yourself strategically located near some of the community parks is nice too. Depends on if you enjoy "people living" or if you'd prefer the "high hedges/privacy in my backyard" existence.
The houses that back up to the greenways are usually decent lots...for example:
3240 Wymberly Dr, Jupiter, FL 33458 - Zillow

We love it here in Mallory Creek. But an absolutely awesome gang of neighbors around our little park is a huge part of what makes it so fun.

Last edited by marmsd1; 02-25-2013 at 07:07 AM..

Old 02-28-2013, 02:28 PM

Thanks everyone...

We would like to stay under one million. I'm seeing some homes in Olympus neighborhood that seem priced really well for their proximity to the water - what's up there? Is it because you have condos blocking the view? I'm wondering why they are priced so much lower than say, Jupiter Inlet Colony?

Old 02-28-2013, 03:10 PM

355 posts, read 910,306 times
Jupiter Inlet Colony is very exclusive. It is on its own island separate from the "mainland". It is beautiful. I don't think you will get that "neighborhood" feel that you are after in these areas however.

One other thing to check is some of the "older" waterfront neighborhoods, there have some newer homes. They are also larger lot sizes. Check un-incorporated Palm Beach Gardens so the taxes are a little better. Check zipcode 33410 to start.

PS - I think Olympus homes are frame construction. Beware of insurance costs! Homes built after 2001 are like half the price to insure.

Last edited by jgreco5; 02-28-2013 at 03:18 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 05:35 PM

17,084 posts, read 21,755,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum23 View Post
Thanks everyone...

We would like to stay under one million. I'm seeing some homes in Olympus neighborhood that seem priced really well for their proximity to the water - what's up there? Is it because you have condos blocking the view? I'm wondering why they are priced so much lower than say, Jupiter Inlet Colony?

If you compare JIC dry lots to Olympus I would think they are very similar in price. Olympus might offer slightly newer/larger homes.

JIC offers nothing on the water less than 3mm but "on the water" means oceanfront, on the inlet or on the ICW and actually has their own police force for 250 homes (real cops, not security guards). Olympus offers nothing on the water (lakes don't qualify).

JIC is great but there probably aren't 50 kids under 16 in the whole neighborhood! Most of the dry lot older homes are small, not really geared for families. It does have a great location and the beach club is nice to have for such a nominal fee.

Just as trivia, Kid Rock, Jason Newsted (former guitar player for Metallica) and Olivia Newton-John are all current residents of JIC. Not a bad mix of celebrities for 250 home community. You won't miss Kid Rock's oceanfront home, it has an American Flag painted on the garage door.....yeah 2 car garage, full size American Flag!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 PM

Hi heard about Kid Rock and also Olivia Newton John living in JIC - certainly would make for some interesting cocktail parties. Still, the older homes all needed updating and I didn't see a lot of kids around...I did like the beach club though - I didn't like the condos being right there at the entrance (I guess condos are unavoidable unless we head back up towards Stuart).

I'm pretty frustrated at this point, but I will keep looking. Palm Beach Gardens just heads us farther and farther South - when our original plan was to not go beyond Hobe Sound (we have since realized we must look in Jupiter for schools, etc.).

Thanks for your input everyone - it's really helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach