Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 PM

3 posts, read 5,307 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I recently took a position in Palm Beach Gardens and am moving down there next month. I was hoping that people would have some advice on where to live, gyms, etc! I am a 20-something single female.

PLACE TO LIVE
I was down there last week and went around with a realtor. I tend to prefer the high rise condo buildings. I think they are the safest and I like the amenities. I am open to apartment complexes however like Bay Reach and Mariner's Key on the Intracoastal, just to give you an idea. I checked out Flagler Pointe and liked that, but it is a little further from my job than I would like. Is there anything like that but more North in Lake Park or North Palm Beach? Definitely would like to be on the Intracoastal. I am trying to keep rent under $1200.

GYM
I'm sure whatever complex I live in will have a gym, but I would also like membership to a gym that offers classes. To give you an idea, the gym I currently belong to has unlimited fitness classes along with everything else a normal gym has to offer and I pay $30/month. Is there anything like this in the PBG/WPB area?

Thanks in advance! Any other friendly tips or advice are welcome too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 AM

157 posts, read 283,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cettacheez View Post
Hello,

I recently took a position in Palm Beach Gardens and am moving down there next month. I was hoping that people would have some advice on where to live, gyms, etc! I am a 20-something single female.

PLACE TO LIVE
I was down there last week and went around with a realtor. I tend to prefer the high rise condo buildings. I think they are the safest and I like the amenities. I am open to apartment complexes however like Bay Reach and Mariner's Key on the Intracoastal, just to give you an idea. I checked out Flagler Pointe and liked that, but it is a little further from my job than I would like. Is there anything like that but more North in Lake Park or North Palm Beach? Definitely would like to be on the Intracoastal. I am trying to keep rent under $1200.

GYM
I'm sure whatever complex I live in will have a gym, but I would also like membership to a gym that offers classes. To give you an idea, the gym I currently belong to has unlimited fitness classes along with everything else a normal gym has to offer and I pay $30/month. Is there anything like this in the PBG/WPB area?

There aren't a ton of high rises in PBG. I would also consider town homes. We used to live in one before we purchased a home and we enjoyed it (although I'm not sure what's out there for $1,200). As far as gyms, there are lots of options. You have chain gyms like LA Fitness (several locations, the one off of PGA near the turnpike is better than the one on Northlake), and smaller gyms. There are also lots of crossfit places and quasi-crossfit gyms. I know the owners of a great place, if you're interested in that, let me know. It blows away the large chain gyms, which I personally can't stand. Another option is to save up and buy your own equipment, if you have the room for it.

The realtor should know everything else. If not, find another one I know for a fact you can get a nice one bedroom in PBG for $1,200.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:54 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,154,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmeyer View Post
There aren't a ton of high rises in PBG. I would also consider town homes. We used to live in one before we purchased a home and we enjoyed it (although I'm not sure what's out there for $1,200). As far as gyms, there are lots of options. You have chain gyms like LA Fitness (several locations, the one off of PGA near the turnpike is better than the one on Northlake), and smaller gyms. There are also lots of crossfit places and quasi-crossfit gyms. I know the owners of a great place, if you're interested in that, let me know. It blows away the large chain gyms, which I personally can't stand. Another option is to save up and buy your own equipment, if you have the room for it.

The realtor should know everything else. If not, find another one I know for a fact you can get a nice one bedroom in PBG for $1,200.
Please tell us where (or dm me). Been searching for a place for someone we know and having trouble in pbg even at $1500 pricepoint.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,328,662 times
North Palm Beach has some condos on the water you might want to look into for waterfront living.

Otherwise, you can sometimes find rentals very close to or walkable to the beach in Jupiter for 1200 rent. I know you can get townhomes in the Bluffs for that price.

Also, I second you look into LA Fitness... probably the most comprehensive gyms with classes and facilities for about $30/month. Located throughout Palm Beach County.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,154,244 times
Yes to LA Fitness! Is there one in Jupiter? I know they have one near pga.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM

27 posts, read 75,476 times
Default apartments dot com

that site shows some developments that are rated well and 1 bedrooms go for 900-950.

the LA Fitness website shows two locations in PBG

apartment ratings dot com gives reviews of apt complexes

Old 02-28-2013, 01:02 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,386,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
Yes to LA Fitness! Is there one in Jupiter? I know they have one near pga.
no, there's two in PBG on the TP and PGA and another on Northlake.
There are two golds gyms in Jupiter.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,618,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cettacheez View Post
Hello,

PLACE TO LIVE

GYM

There are a bunch of gyms in PBG/WPB, there is an LA Fitness on Northlake Blvd, for example. You will have to go to their web sites or call around for prices and deals.

The commutes in PBC are not bad, in my humble opinion, especially after moving to Austin, TX where the traffic is MURDER.

OD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach