Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:21 PM

12 posts, read 18,728 times

Advertisements

I was considering building in Boca in a new development. There is a discloser about Arsenic in the ground water. I have been told that it is common due to the golf courses, pesticides on farm land etc.. If anyone has any feedback on this I would really appreciate it. We currently live in the New England and are not familiar with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,633,543 times
No.....But then again any new home will rely on city provided water anyway not private wells like everyone up north has.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:21 PM

7 posts, read 30,857 times
I've read that FLorida has very poor water--arsenic is a problem--not sure exactly why. You may need a water filter.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:18 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,725,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover54 View Post
I've read that FLorida has very poor water--arsenic is a problem--not sure exactly why. You may need a water filter.
Who did you hear that from? I've been here 30 years and haven't heard that one yet.

City water vs well? I have a well that is down 125 feet and my water is way better than city water that RPB has been trying to peddle us.

On water filters. There are very few areas in the U.S. that I would drink the water that hasn't been filtered. So your filter point is moot.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 PM

7 posts, read 30,857 times
I've read many articles about the water in FLorida. Here is one:
Pasco: Arsenic-tainted wells: Just how bad is it?

I haven't kept track of them but thought it was widely-known. You are lucky if yours is OK.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,725,654 times
Interesting link....but... from the article,
Quote:
Residents with the readings found in Hernando County are in no immediate danger, Vasquez said, adding that the procedure for informing residents, telling them when contamination shows a need to test their wells, is appropriate.

"What we've seen here is not any cause for a widespread alarm, " Vasquez said.
After all the "scare material" we get the above. Hey, the water that the City of WP sell's has twice the chlorine in it as a home swimming pool. You don't smell it because they treat the water with Ammonia to kill the taste and smell.

Also that article you posted is from a area that is quite a distance from Boca.
I balk when people try to scare others with poor information. Utility provided water is heavily treated, and I wouldn't drink any of it without good filtering.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,642 times
Default Boca Arsenic in Groundwater

NeMom: I am assuming you are talking about the Azura? We are also looking and would like to know if you dug in to this deeper? You can email me at [EMAIL="NSmith93@aol.com"]NSmith93@aol.com[/EMAIL]

Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,642 times
NeMom: I am assuming you are talking about the Azura? We are also looking and would like to know if you dug in to this deeper?

Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 AM

7 posts, read 11,466 times
Cool my poor sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemom View Post
I was considering building in Boca in a new development. There is a discloser about Arsenic in the ground water. I have been told that it is common due to the golf courses, pesticides on farm land etc.. If anyone has any feedback on this I would really appreciate it. We currently live in the New England and are not familiar with this.
ill check with her, shes moving to boca....i seriously doubt if golf courses are the problem. i grew up in lake worth, water was ca problem therew in 1960 when i left. who starts these excuses, then and now.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 AM

7 posts, read 11,466 times
Default 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover54 View Post
if anyone has been in florida for a year, theyve read on water problems, of course after oldtimers desease we tend to forget what aresnic does to your brain. i left when i was 16 and now im going back to let the water kill me, after all im 66 already. should give me a vfew more years, aresnic or not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach