Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM

25 posts, read 38,733 times

Advertisements

what are popular traffic collection agencies in florida?
i live in miami and drove once to west palm to get the info
but lost it , i dont have the citation number either....
im trying to pay it ASAP
the offices are closed in west palm right now
but i wanna do this as fast as possible

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,728,917 times
All you will be doing is feeding the collection agency. Odds are that they bought a bunch of violations for penny's on a dollar. They have no responsibility to report your payment to the county. So it's already to late to mend the problem without a LOT of work.

Try to contact the county before paying a CA. At least there you have a chance to get the record expunged.

Good luck.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,158,302 times
If you have an unpaid traffic ticket, eventually your license will be suspended. It prolly already is suspended if it has been sent to a collection agency. I didn't realize the state even used collection agencies. Go to the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court website and search your name. You'll find out the details.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:37 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,496,250 times
Should find the name address and phone number of collection agency on your credit report.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:29 AM

2 posts, read 10,418 times
They take card payments only but they say that it will take 3business days to process d6 clearance to Tallahassee. I spoke Yooooooo a supervise and she said that if need be the county can contact then directly to verify if need be. Also strsngely enough tge ONLY process payments M-F 9am-10am anything outside of those hours will process the next business day (just a heads up) unlike regular collection agencies which buy outstanding debts most of all the counties in fl have inhouse collection agencies which means that they are unwilling to negotiate any price disounts. they know without you paying you cannot get your license back so you are truly at their mercy for paying not only the original ticket price, but also the 40% markup. it is what it is. but once you take care of it the website that I gave above updates all the information usually as you pay (instantaneously) if you pay it online or in person. I'm not sure but i can assume if you pay tgru tge collection agency you have to wait 3 business days. Good luck to anyone trting to get tickets tsken care of in Palm Beach, its one of the worst counties in south florida as far as ease with payment options and going about your life to get your liscence straight or keeping it straight. It took a lot of time and having to go through this whole be a situation and 50 + manhours ttaveling all over on public transportaion to get this taken care of which im in tge home stretch of doing now. so I hope any if not all of this information helped or does help (it will!) some of it will help you find a resolution to your issues!!!!!

Old 12-12-2013, 05:38 AM

2 posts, read 10,418 times
the whole first part of my message got cut off so I will add it in here. West Palm Beach / Palm Beach is one of the hardest counties to work with as far as taking care of unpaid tickets. you can go online and take care of mostly everything in almost every county in Florida except this one if he goes to collections. they also don't give you much information as far as what collection agency to call miss you call over the phone and even then the government workers still act like its a have something to hold back from you in a really slow about giving you the information that you need. first things first to find a citation number to go to the website listed below.
[url]https://services.flhsmv.gov/DLCheck/HomeView.aspx[/url].
type in your drivers license number and all the things that is stopping you from getting your license back straight or anything its pending on your license its been there from 1 to 5 days will show up on this website. and also is give you the addy coming into letting you know if your license is currently suspended or not and if it is not suspended it will give you an exact date of when the suspension is to take place. Florida only. in Palm Beach if you want to pay a ticket that has gone to collections already the number that you want to call is going to be below
1 800 900 1380.
they do collections for more than one county they only process payments between 9am and 10 am daily so if you pay after those I was your payment automatically count towards the next day.
my first post above will give you the rest of the information that I found

Old 07-29-2014, 09:21 AM

413 posts, read 699,412 times
Thanks Lowkey. That information was a real help. I had to pay off an old ticket for my niece so she can have a clean background check for a visa application for an overseas internship. I remembered getting a letter from a PA collection agency, but it's been lost and West Palm Beach was no help at all. I called that number you gave and they do have the info. My niece is a nervous wreck, worrying about getting everything done in time, so I can get that item off her panic list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach