Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM

19 posts, read 29,486 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm looking for safe affordable area to move too in Jupiter area. I would really enjoy having a horse in the near future. How is Jupiter farms?? I have small kids and dogs so must be family And animal friendly. Love to feel a bit more country that a neighborhood with houses right on each other. Any info would be great.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 07:45 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,382,652 times
You've pretty much described Jupiter Farms. 1.15 acre or larger lots, pet/animal friendly, and a good schools for the kids.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:02 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,575,617 times
As long as your comfortable in hearing guns going off, 4 wheelers flying down the road at a high rate of speed and not having to choose your neighbors and how they junk up their property than Jupiter Farms is it. Also in some instances dirt roads that flood often.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,353,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
As long as your comfortable in hearing guns going off, 4 wheelers flying down the road at a high rate of speed and not having to choose your neighbors and how they junk up their property than Jupiter Farms is it. Also in some instances dirt roads that flood often.
There's always someone who needs to paint black pictures. Jupiter Farms in it's early years was a place people could buy property cheep and build a house reasonably. It also attracted a lot of people in the construction business, as they had the means of keeping some supplies, tools, etc. there.

Today, Jupiter Farms is not the bargain it was 30 years ago. As case in point, I sold my home there for $630,000, and the population there is now as varied as most other nice developments in Jupiter. My next door neighbor was an engineer, around the corner from me was a successful developer from Boca Raton, and down the street was a cardiologist. Oh, and remember Burt Reynolds and his wife Loni, they were neighbors also.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
There's always someone who needs to paint black pictures. Jupiter Farms in it's early years was a place people could buy property cheep and build a house reasonably. It also attracted a lot of people in the construction business, as they had the means of keeping some supplies, tools, etc. there.

Today, Jupiter Farms is not the bargain it was 30 years ago. As case in point, I sold my home there for $630,000, and the population there is now as varied as most other nice developments in Jupiter. My next door neighbor was an engineer, around the corner from me was a successful developer from Boca Raton, and down the street was a cardiologist. Oh, and remember Burt Reynolds and his wife Loni, they were neighbors also.
Not painting anything, just stating my experiences. I have a friend that lives out there in the sticks, he loves it but complains a lot too. Does not like his new neighbor who he has no say over how he junks up his back yard and etc. Whenever I go out there to visit him, it's like an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard I am expecting to see the General Lee fly down his road at 90mph, but usually see jacked up trucks kicking up dust instead. Not my idea of quiet living, but it's a nice place for star gazing with the reduced city lights.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 PM

17,004 posts, read 21,680,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post

100% spot on!

There are some nicer homes but for every nice newer home there are 8-10 wood frame dumps, of those 3-4 haven't cut the lawn yet this year and 1-2 of those have lots of lawn decorations (cars, boats, tractors, RV's, empty swampy ponds 1/4 full of broken concrete blocks/debris). The dust can be rough to live with and the taxes are high for having no city services IMHO. Be sure to check homeowners insurance, having no city water means no fire hydrants and that is a bad combination for wood frame homes in the woods!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 AM

24 posts, read 60,380 times
The only reason why I would want to move to Jupiter Farms is no HOA. I hate them with a passion! My only question is.... can you still get Comcast internet there??

Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIfan1 View Post
The only reason why I would want to move to Jupiter Farms is no HOA. I hate them with a passion! My only question is.... can you still get Comcast internet there??
There are a lot of places you can avoid HOA, not just the Farms and yes you can get Comcast there, at least my friend has it, Triple Play.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 AM

17,004 posts, read 21,680,988 times
To be fair a moderate HOA can be a blessing.....It prevents people from doing stupid things (paint house purple, 3 yr. RV restoration project in front yard, running business out of home where clients come/go all day). I lived in east Boca for 20+ years and the City of Boca is essentially an HOA but without the dues. I relocated to a place with a light HOA and the dues are $1000 a year (includes cable, HOA amenities). HOA is fine, common sense rules (no commercial vehicles, boats/trailers in front yard etc). You will get a letter if your grass/hedges get overgrown, roof/driveway needs pressure cleaning but honestly the letter usually shows up 3-4 months later than it should have!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:18 AM

I had a friend who lived in Villagewalk in Wellington, he was paying over $300/month for HOA and they are real strict, he got notices all the time for things like dirty driveway, and sidewalks yet had them pressure washed every quarter, yet his neighbors had junk hanging off of their house and crap put in their yards that went against the rules and he never saw them get told to remove it or they just did not care. Tennis was good though, but that's a lot of $ to pay on top of taxes here which are high in Welly World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach