Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,578,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Ha we watch this show it is just too funny not to watch and pretty pathetic and being jewish from NY it is just so true...I had friends like those gals
Almost all of my clients are Jewish, I have been invited over to their lavish homes and etc... I have seen the same thing as depicted in the show too. One girl called her father (my client) during a lunch meeting, he put her on speakerphone and was talking with his heavy hebrew'ish accent and she started calling him "Daddy" and that I need this and that and the Mercedes needs this and that, it was quite embarrassing since the girl was in her late 20's and others in dining area at a very upscale eatery, heard him and her talking. He goes "yes..yes...we will take care of that for you"...I met the girl a few times, very self centered and self absorbed....do not know what kind of man would be interested in her for the money or booty, neither which are worth the hassle of her whine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 08:18 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,307,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Almost all of my clients are Jewish, I have been invited over to their lavish homes and etc... I have seen the same thing as depicted in the show too. One girl called her father (my client) during a lunch meeting, he put her on speakerphone and was talking with his heavy hebrew'ish accent and she started calling him "Daddy" and that I need this and that and the Mercedes needs this and that, it was quite embarrassing since the girl was in her late 20's and others in dining area at a very upscale eatery, heard him and her talking. He goes "yes..yes...we will take care of that for you"...I met the girl a few times, very self centered and self absorbed....do not know what kind of man would be interested in her for the money or booty, neither which are worth the hassle of her whine.
wow I think I would be a bit embarrassed to but what is sad is they see nothing wrong with the behavior, I mean people they are Adults seriously? and this is why they are all single...is my son who is 18 watched the show with us and all he could do was shake head and said Ma I have no idea what kind of Man would put up with that...having the finer things in life is one thing something my son and I and dh love, But man im sorry at their age they should a JOB....

Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 AM

40 posts, read 85,936 times
I now have to record that show! I'm sure my Jewish wife will get a kick out of it (and I hope no ideas..lol)

Old 06-14-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petede View Post
I now have to record that show! I'm sure my Jewish wife will get a kick out of it (and I hope no ideas..lol)
she definately will LMAO

Old 06-17-2013, 02:47 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,800,935 times
Regardless of how people act in Boca I don't think it is a great place for a 29 year old male to move to. It is going to be hard for you to meet people and find places you enjoy to go to in the area. I agree looking at surrounding areas may be better. Though I heard East Boca tends to have a younger crowd.
I will agree though that Boca is an unfriendly place overall. I guess some people get used to it but I could not. It is not about how wealthy because I have lived and grew up in wealthier.
People in Boca treat others in a very rude manner and I know first hand that many treat a person different depending on how much money they have. I can tell you that I have been treated like dirt and then when I saw the same person at the country club my family belongs to I was treated very different. One of the most obsurd things I heard was this lady telling me how she was looking for a home and she had to buy in the same country club community she had been living in or she would have lost all her friends. Sounds like high school to me. I also see how people treat staff at places and it makes me sad and really upset.
Many in Boca are wealthy because it is family money so they have no concept of what it is like to work hard and face struggles on those lines. That is why I feel people in Boca act differently then other wealthier states even where people have worked hard to get where they are.
Good luck OP with your move

Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 AM

7 posts, read 11,488 times
THX - On a side note, I'll be moving to Boca and looking at cars now. I've always dreamed of an M3 or nice sportier car. I was trying to private message you but unsure if that's allowed on this forum. What's your opinion on M3 versus Audi S5? Both around the same cost. Nicest car I've ever driven is a Honda Civic. So both would be leaps and bounds above.
I'm looking for a daily driver car and not going to track it. I was looking in an M3 forum, but it's all about M3 there and they hate the RS5 and S5 haha. Curious your thoughts as I'll be in the same area and wanted to see how you liked the M3 there. Any reason to have the Quattro for the heavy rains in the Audi?

Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 AM

7 posts, read 11,488 times
Also, on the original thread point:
I'm also moving down in early August and will be working in Boca. I'm trying to find an apartment complex in East boca or East delray. I lived in a condo in Brickell a few years ago and absolutely loved the vibrant young professional scene.

I've been recommended The Heritage Apartment complex, Broadstone, Royal Palm Place, Palmetto Place, and Camino Real.

Anyone heard anything about these places?

Old 06-25-2013, 06:17 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,578,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu2 View Post
THX - On a side note, I'll be moving to Boca and looking at cars now. I've always dreamed of an M3 or nice sportier car. I was trying to private message you but unsure if that's allowed on this forum. What's your opinion on M3 versus Audi S5? Both around the same cost. Nicest car I've ever driven is a Honda Civic. So both would be leaps and bounds above.
I'm looking for a daily driver car and not going to track it. I was looking in an M3 forum, but it's all about M3 there and they hate the RS5 and S5 haha. Curious your thoughts as I'll be in the same area and wanted to see how you liked the M3 there. Any reason to have the Quattro for the heavy rains in the Audi?
The S5 is FWD unless you want to get Quattro, the M3 is RWD. AWD is pretty much useless here but is good in the snow, good on the wet roads but driving here is not great either way for any sports car, everything is boring stop and go endless dragstrips and grid structure......would not want to drive the M3 in snow. S5 is a lot lower base price than the M5....that is if your buying new.

Biggest thing is the HP, M3 is a step above the S5. You would have to get a RS5.

The S5 would have a more luxury feel, Audi interiors are nice too.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,800,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu2 View Post
Also, on the original thread point:
I'm also moving down in early August and will be working in Boca. I'm trying to find an apartment complex in East boca or East delray. I lived in a condo in Brickell a few years ago and absolutely loved the vibrant young professional scene.

I've been recommended The Heritage Apartment complex, Broadstone, Royal Palm Place, Palmetto Place, and Camino Real.

Anyone heard anything about these places?

I am not sure about those apartments but I know East Delray and East Boca have trains so if you are like me and are noise sensitive you may want to consider that. I have heard Mizner park area is nice and you could walk to shops and restaurants. I think East Boca is safer in terms of crime then East Delray but am not positive. Delray in general seems to vary a lot in terms of safety,age because I think West is retirement area etc. I think condo rentals are nicer then apartments. I would call a realtor and ask for some rental listings to be sent to you based on what you are looking for. You could even start on your own with realtor.com on rentals and the city zips. Usually you have to put down first security and last though they may negotiate a little and with price per month.
For the cars I am clueless but looked it up since I had no idea what an M3 is. It is a BMW? Would you get those big wheels? I like BMW better then Audi especially for a younger person. I dont like weird wheels though but that is my opinion and you have to go on what you enjoy. I like Mercedes in general have you looked into those or are they more? I think they have a smooth ride though I have no clue about things you are stating in terms of mechanics etc. I would get a light color though some people drive black cars when I had one I felt like I was baking inside.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM

My Drives an 03 BMW 325i convertible and and had gotten a great deal on it his friend has an M3 personally he doesnt like the Audi's unless they are new, He loves the M3's..He had people asking if he would sell his car and well he was offered a very nice amount for it and just sold it and bought a 2012 Mustang...The Audi's are very nice it seems tons of people drive them here where I live and have become very popular I guess that is why Volvo will no longer sell their cars here in the States as I have read they can't compete with the upscale car manufactures so they are going to focus in Europe

I don't think you can go wrong with the M3 my son is a Car Fanatic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach