Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 02:54 PM

11 posts, read 23,935 times

Advertisements

We'll be moving to the area in a few weeks (new, but very stable job for my husband). We'll be staying in a condo for a few months while we get the lay of the land, but I'm planning to start our home search right away. I saw a house online in Greenacres that I really like. It's in the Dillman Farms neighborhood. I've noticed that Greenacres, in general, seems to have decent prices. For us, Wellington and Jupiter will be too far of a drive (job is on island of Palm Beach). We have a young child so schools are a concern. Any thoughts? We'll also be looking at Palm Beach Gardens and pockets of WPB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 PM

33 posts, read 109,643 times
Wellington/Royal Palm Beach area is definitely a more family oriented area. Jupiter is nice too, but might end up being more expensive. I dont think a Jupiter to Palm Beach or certainly a Wellington to Palm Beach is a long commute by any means and completely doable.

Greenacres is okay, but it is a very hispanic area. If you like that kind of thing you may be okay. Some parts of it are very tired looking though. Mostly built out in the 60s and 70s. It is convient tho to lots of ethnic shopping and not far from the Mall at Wellington Green or the Boynton Beach Mall for shopping. It also provides fairly easy access to West Palm Beach and Lake Worth areas for night life, entertainment, and business.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 AM

Thanks! We're trying to keep the commute to under 25 minutes and every time I google map houses in Wellington and Jupiter, it's just too far.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 PM

33 posts, read 109,643 times
Well the advantage of being in Wellington then would be that you could use Southern Blvd to get to the coast and to Palm Beach. Southern Blvd may look like a normal road on Maps but it was redone about a decade ago to act more like an expressway so there are not really any traffic lights and side roads are exits. Furthermore, it continues through WPB and over a causeway which takes you right into Palm Beach.

Greeenacres will not be any shorter of a commute eventhough its technically closer. Lake Worth Road and Forest Hill Blvd are very congested roads at rush hour.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:55 PM

Oh, that is very interesting, I had no idea. I'll have to do some test runs when we get down there in a few weeks. Hopefully our realtor will be well versed on the different driving routes and rush hour issues.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:02 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Dillman Farms is roughly a mile from Southern.
Very easy drive to Palm Beach.
As long as you are close to Southern or Okeechobee the drive to Palm Beach shouldn't be too bad. Southern would be a preferred route of the two.
If you're close to 441 in Wellington or Royal Palm the drive should be under 25 min and should open up some home options for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach