Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 07:38 PM

12 posts, read 17,747 times

Advertisements

Hi
I will be moving into village walk with my 2 older children 21 and 27 can anyone tell me if there are people their age living in in there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 08:06 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Can't say...I had a friend that use to live in there a number of years ago, I played tennis a few years on their nice Har-Tru courts, also attended some cookouts.... most of the people in the league were a mix of 20,30 and 40 somethings....not too many people in there in their 20's that own since the place started development during 2003 boom years..and HOA is quite high, $500/month for a home....should be plenty of 20 somethings who still live at home with their parents in most of South Florida since many cannot afford to pay the exorbitant rents here unless they got a good paying job.

My friend still owns his house, he rents it out for $2500/month (then not sure what he asking now?) fully furnished with Ethan Allen....last time I talked to him he said some wealthy South American's rented it for 2 years straight and pay the rent all year long but only live in it from October'ish to April'ish...when Horse and Polo season is in full swing. It sit's empty the rest of the year and some hired hand checks on it twice a month to make sure the A/C is still working and to clean the pool.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:09 AM

thanks for getting back to me and your right about 20 somethings still living at home that is the case with my children we are coming down there with hopes of them getting jobs my son who 26 who is a new grad with a masters in school psychology , its very difficult getting work in the schools in long island so we are hoping it will be easier in florida, and my daughter is an LPN not to worried about her. they are leaving many friend thats why I asked about village walk, I know it can be hard meeting people at that age.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:32 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
They will likely meet new friends through their future jobs. A gated community in Wellington is not always the best place to meet people, especially other young single people.

If they join social groups/meetups or young professional groups within their interests they may also be able to find some good friends.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:17 AM

thanks for the info hopefully they will find jobs

Old 08-13-2013, 12:41 PM

Default jobs

how is the school psychology job market looking ,my son is looking for a job in one of the school districts anyone know of one that is looking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach