Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times

Advertisements

[quote=wireyourworld;30895425]Umm yeah. Zip codes

I do know what im talking about, and since I used to walk the dog and pass the building every day...and since I did not live in Downtown Boca the HQ Isn't in downtown...

here is the address for those who claim I don't know what Im talking about..Since when is N Military Trail downtown boca ummm Its not~~

Home Depot Headquarters

6600 N Military Trail
Boca Raton, Florida 33496
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 07:52 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times
As I've said, if you'd read, for all intents and purposes, Military Trl IS downtown. It may be the outskirts of the downtown area, but its still downtown.

Now I REALLY have better things to do with my time then discuss the obvious to people who don't even know where they lived or live. It must be pretty easy to live in your enclosed world with incorrect perceptions about how you are perceived.

The post office is not the decider of what is a downtown. They create zip codes based on geography and how hard it is to get you your mail.

Military trail has been a defining line of the beginning of the "city" or "downtown" since the western communities became more suburban instead of agricultural. And western is Military and west.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:13 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post

Now I REALLY have better things to do with my time then discuss the obvious to people who don't even know where they lived or live.
Obviously you do not have "better things to do" with your time, your hell bent on proving Office Depot HQ is located in downtown Boca Raton when it's not even close...

Your Googling skills are not too good because it's not too hard...to figure out.

http://www.downtownboca.org/?page_id=8

http://www.downtownboca.org/

For the sake of the OP, maybe you should just accept defeat and move on already...I am not going to respond to you again as the links above speak in volumes on facts...

Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Obviously you do not have "better things to do" with your time, your hell bent on proving Office Depot HQ is located in downtown Boca Raton when it's not even close...

Your Googling skills are not too good because it's not too hard...to figure out.

http://www.downtownboca.org/?page_id=8

http://www.downtownboca.org/

For the sake of the OP, maybe you should just accept defeat and move on already...I am not going to respond to you again as the links above speak in volumes on facts...
OMG...lol Please someone listen I DID NOT LIVE DOWNTOWN lol....oh and since Broken Sound is right there too do not tell those people that is Downtown....Downtown Boca is Federal Highway, Palmetto down to Mizner Park...North Military Rd is BEFORE 95 which does NOT MAKE IT EAST AND EAST BOCA is Downtown Boca....Oy Vey I Knew where I lived...

I agree THX one can not accept defeat so I am moving on....

Old 08-10-2013, 11:26 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,769,512 times
I live in Delray Beach.. and go to downtown Boca regularly.. i.e the Misner Park area around Palmetto and Federal. Wireyourworld has a short circuit somewhere so it's useless to continue the conversation, folks.
Downtown is wherever the action is.. and that AIN'T on Military anywhere in Boca! (FTR, malls don't qualify as "downtown" anywhere I have ever lived.)

P.S. Swimmom, you asked me once where I lived because you had friends interested in a nice, non-snobbish but lovely community, so let me use this chance to tell you that I recommend either Rainberry Bay, a gated, mixed style development of ~900 units (villas and homes, with a dash of townhomes) or it's next door neighbor, Rainberry Lake, unmanned gated community of SFH's. But NOT Rainberry Woods. Located on Lake Ida Rd just west of Congress and a mile east of Military, they are about 3 miles to DOWNTOWN Delray Beach which is on Atlantic Ave between Swinton and the intracoastal.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:47 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
The area your husband will be working has a lot of near by neighborhoods with families. Overall for FL it is safe though I would pick a guard gated community and again for FL I have heard the schools are safe. The area is near a large shopping mall, not too far of drive to the ocean, restaurants and similar. The dog issue will depend because many HOA don't allow large dogs or animals at all. That would be if you rented from a private owner. A 2 bedroom for 2500 is overpriced and you can get a small single home rental in a country club though without the use probably in Boca for that though I am not sure the pet issue. If you rather an apartment there are a few in Boca right by the company or many more within 10 mile drive. I would think they would have some that allow a pet with added fees of course.
I would think moving from another county to any state would take time to adjust. I will say Boca is not the friendliest place and being you will be limited in what you can do in terms of work it will be hard to meet people. Though there are groups you could join and with other parents.
On a side note about expense in different state I googled the average 1 bedroom in NY city and it is 2779 a month and Boca 1245 which is quiet a difference.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:46 PM

15 posts, read 40,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarado View Post
I live in Delray Beach..

P.S. Swimmom, you asked me once where I lived because you had friends interested in a nice, non-snobbish but lovely community, so let me use this chance to tell you that I recommend either Rainberry Bay, a gated, mixed style development of ~900 units (villas and homes, with a dash of townhomes) or it's next door neighbor, Rainberry Lake, unmanned gated community of SFH's. But NOT Rainberry Woods. Located on Lake Ida Rd just west of Congress and a mile east of Military, they are about 3 miles to DOWNTOWN Delray Beach which is on Atlantic Ave between Swinton and the intracoastal.
tjarado, can you say more specifically about Rainberry Lake and Rainberry Bay, more details, what is lovely about it? Are any of the villas 3 bedroom? What is the difference between townhomes and villas? I'm 67-active and have been honing in on where to retire and Rainberry Bay is my current focus, though I haven't yet visited in person. Are the 900 homeowners tend more towards 85 or does it feel younger than that? I'm hoping to make friends within my community and am hoping to find the 55-75 age group.

Is it pretty to walk around? Can one garden one's villa? Is it possible to find rentals to try living there for a few months?

How would you contrast Rainberry Bay to Rainberry Woods?

p.s. I cannot believe how these message boards get sidetracked with ego fights about, for example, where is 'downtown,' or 'is Office Depot HQ in downtown boca.' So off topic from helping the OP Original Poster, or any of us who are reading for good specific content to help us understand the neighborhoods' characters

Old 12-31-2013, 12:26 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,769,512 times
Etana:
The two 55+ Rainberrys are on the north side of Lake Ida Rdjust west of Congress Ave; The Bay was built from ~1978 - 198? and is primarily one-level structures, with the exception of the very few connected townhouses, which are two-story units. For obvious reasons the townhouses are less expensive as most older folks prefer no stairs. The landscaping is well tended, the lawns are spacious, and there is plenty of space between units, which is not common in newer builds. The villas, (connected one-story units in a quad format) are very attractive and look like very large ranch homes; the layouts are quite nice as each comes with a very spacious patio or two! There are five pools and a dozen tennis courts with a pro on site a few days a week. I cannot speak much for The Lakes, but my brief exposure revealed well-kept homes in a very groomed and roomy development. Both neighborhoods are wonderfully located a stones throw from the main drag on Atlantic Avenue and Pineapple Grove. I have biked occasionally into town for art festivals, the famous Garlic-fest, to buy organics/grassfed products at the Saturday Greenmarket or just to toodle about. The town and surrounding developments have a tad more diversity, age-wise, than perhaps Boca or Boynton, but that is just my guess. Remember that there will alway be older folks passing the torch to younger retirees and this process appears to be accellerating as us boomers "pass thru the python"!
I hope this answers your questions, but why not come for a visit and see for yourself?
PS Rainberry Woods is a tad seedier and looks populated primarily by black folks with children; I don't know much more than that.

Last edited by tjarado; 12-31-2013 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach