Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 11:39 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,283,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietlOtUs View Post
Why? What are the cons in the West? Do you prefer being closer to the water?

I prefer east for the water, more character, generally less traffic and less soul crushing suburban sprawl that could just as easily be picked up and plopped up anywhere else in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 08:42 PM

293 posts, read 496,009 times
in Florida the further west (to a point) the better and more upscale it is. The further east you go the more ghetto it gets until you cross the inter coastal. While living out west has some drawbacks when you want to travel east , the positives outweigh the negatives. If you have the financial means do what I did and I own a home we live in in Wellington because it is a great area to raise kids. We also own a 2 bedroom oceanfront condo in Highland Beach and use it on weekends. But personally I do not like it north of WPB, going south is better IMO, and the beaches south are way better as well

Old 10-20-2013, 04:24 PM

623 posts, read 957,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVG_Steve View Post
in Florida the further west (to a point) the better and more upscale it is. The further east you go the more ghetto it gets until you cross the inter coastal. While living out west has some drawbacks when you want to travel east , the positives outweigh the negatives. If you have the financial means do what I did and I own a home we live in in Wellington because it is a great area to raise kids. We also own a 2 bedroom oceanfront condo in Highland Beach and use it on weekends. But personally I do not like it north of WPB, going south is better IMO, and the beaches south are way better as well
I guess you have never been to Jupiter then

Old 10-20-2013, 06:05 PM

Yes been to Jupiter, do not like it at all, but that is a matter of opinion I know. I do not like being north of WPB, as I travel south quite often. I rarely if ever go north of WPB. If I was to live north of WPB I would much prefer PBG over Jupiter. That is just me though.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:45 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,625,959 times
Quote:

Ummmmm......FAIL. The nicest real estate in Florida is on the water or very close to it (like across the street). (Hint: that means EAST).

You prefer the western communities because they are newer homes with more value per square ft. BTW Wellington has plenty of run down areas, section 8 housing etc. It isn't all Bruce Springsteen and Michael Bloomberg money out there!

Old 10-20-2013, 07:37 PM

431 posts, read 1,662,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Ummmmm......FAIL. The nicest real estate in Florida is on the water or very close to it (like across the street). (Hint: that means EAST).

You prefer the western communities because they are newer homes with more value per square ft. BTW Wellington has plenty of run down areas, section 8 housing etc. It isn't all Bruce Springsteen and Michael Bloomberg money out there!
or Vanilla Ice

Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,570,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

Where are the "run down areas" in Wellington? Shoma isn't Wellington, aside from the 12th Fairway Hood and a few spots here and there, it's far from the hood you see in Northwood Hills.

Wellington Real Estate Listings & Property Search

Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 PM

As I stated before if I go east it is across the bridge of intercostal. I have a condo on the ocean in highland beach we use on weekends. But I would not live on the other side of the bridge. It is a different world when you cross those bridges.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,625,959 times
Quote:
As I stated before if I go east it is across the bridge of intercostal. I have a condo on the ocean in highland beach we use on weekends. But I would not live on the other side of the bridge. It is a different world when you cross those bridges.
Ok, next time you cross "the bridge" at Spanish River glance off to the north and you might notice one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Boca Raton (the Sanctuary) and if you are further south you might see Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club on the west side of the bridge as well.........once again BVG FAIL

Old 10-21-2013, 08:48 AM

Cityguy

I realize there are exceptions but in general that rule holds true. The only failure here is you so stop creating controversy if someone has a difference of opinion with you. not very cool and makes you look very small
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach