Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 01:33 PM

10 posts, read 183,029 times

Advertisements

I agree with all of those changes, especially NW RPB to standard medium green, and the south RPB Blvd. area back to light green, which all makes sense if Counterpoint is going to be light green. By the way, there is a weird "teal" overlap in two places in Royal Palm now, at the NE corner of Belvedere and SR7 (I think the Counterpoint light green area is extending into the light blue area of the Belvedere Industrial area), and at the NW end of the South RPB Blvd. corridor where the blue from South RPB corridor is extending into the light green above it.

I also think there are a few communities, like the Limestone Creek Area of Jupiter, Woodbine area of Riviera, and the Pinewood Park and Northwood Gardens areas of Northwood that are kind of sketchy for light green, but maybe they're just on the very lower edge of light green. It kind of makes it seem like the northern fringe of Northwood has a higher standard of living/is a better place to move to than the area between Parker, Dixie, Okeechobee, and Belvedere, but I don't think that's the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 01:53 PM

984 posts, read 4,314,917 times
Made the updates in RPB; I think it's all, now, really correct. Fixed the overlaps too.

And you brought more good points; did a quick look, I think you're mostly right regarding these areas in PBC. I'll research more later on and come back with the issues solved.

You could be mapping too! You've got great skills (and knowledge)!

Old 09-10-2013, 03:30 PM

10 posts, read 183,029 times
Hah, thanks! I'm a big fan of your map-making, as a Palm Beach County guy who doesn't know Miami-Dade or Broward counties as well. I think the map looks great now. The western communities look basically perfect to me.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:10 PM

229 posts, read 533,686 times
Limestone Creek is not really a good neighborhood. There was a shooting there last year and there is a large amount of drug-related activity.

Man and woman found shot to death in car in Limestone Creek area west of Jupiter

"Many residents in the area said they are fed up with violence and crime and are worried about their future."

Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
Limestone Creek is not really a good neighborhood. There was a shooting there last year and there is a large amount of drug-related activity.

Man and woman found shot to death in car in Limestone Creek area west of Jupiter

"Many residents in the area said they are fed up with violence and crime and are worried about their future."
Good tip, thanks! Will take that into account also; regarding the fixes I'll be doing tomorrow.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash3 View Post
Hah, thanks! I'm a big fan of your map-making, as a Palm Beach County guy who doesn't know Miami-Dade or Broward counties as well. I think the map looks great now. The western communities look basically perfect to me.
Thanks a ton! But I've gotta say that there's a lot, a whole lot of work involved behind the scenes in doing the map. There's loads and loads of factors and matters I've gotta take into account - plus feedback; plus as well a bit of time, and then the maps get to a good/great level of accuracy.

Early tomorrow I'll be doing some fixes regarding the things we all went over here today. Did some preliminary research, will finish and implement everything tomorrow.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:30 AM

Reviewed and implemented based on most of the points made here - take a look now and see if it's all proper. If there's something you'd (or anybody else too) like to suggest, just give the specs and I'll work on it.

Also, I'll be traveling in the next few weeks for a while to that neck of the woods (WPB - or someplace just nearby), so I'll take a look at some of the neighborhoods, do some walks and jogging and meanwhile see how they are day-to-day. That will definitely help quite a bit especially on the Crime-O-Meter and the Walkability-O-Meter (plus the main Neighborhood map) of PBC.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:30 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I have a couple of suggestions with the coloring just south of downtown, as I don't think it reflects the true nature of the neighborhoods.

For example, the shading bisects neighborhoods in odd ways, where in reality, there's no real difference living in Sunshine Park vs. Flamingo Park. (Everything between Park Place (N boundary), Parker (W), Belvedere (S) and the tracks(E) will pretty much get you the same results, desirability wise).

Grandview Heights should probably be light green, at least the same as Pineapple Park, which is definitely not as desirable as Grandview, even though Grandview still has some improvements to do.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:57 PM

232 posts, read 773,153 times
Great work! For Juno Beach off west of US 1 and east of Marcinski - I would not recommend blue. There is a small trailer park but most is new and older townhouses or businesses. Would not consider any of it low income.

The section west of us1 and north of marcinski - I would label green. It's the Bluffs Ridge and River. Most of it is single family homes. Very walkable, no bank owned, never hear of any crime. Houses are actually worth more than the Bluffs Ocean which is already marked green.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:04 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,207,084 times
This was a really cool little tool. Thanks for creating the map, very interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach