Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 4,124 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much City Guy .. sounds good any other places I should check as far as similar communities and good structural bldgs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantatofloridabound View Post
Thank you city guy for all of your feedback. I agree with you on most counts. We live in a golf club community now but it was relatively cheap to join and it's not a full fledged country club so no food minimums and the dues are relatively low. We don't have a problem paying monthly dues but do have a problem paying a huge initiation fee. You have a point about the neighborhoods that require you to join for golf so that's something to consider.

I have seen that cost comparison on that realty site and it helps but is mainly Jupiter area clubs, not Boca or Wellington. I am also having a hard time finding a site where I can search by high school. I had a realtor send me a community in Wellington that is new construction but the schools were bad so I would really like to be able to search by school to help me figure out where these neighborhoods all fall in line.

I know the Palm Beach County website allows you to put in address but that's a pain. Thanks again for your feedback. I can't believe how much more the homes cost for so much less house compared to Atlanta. We will have to significantly downsize for more money!
You have probably already moved to South Florida but we are still in Atlanta & were looking for something similar to your home search. We ended up buying a smaller house in Jonathan's Landing; very nice community & nice club with amenities. Country club membership is not mandatory & much less expensive than what we saw in PBG & West Palm Beach. We looked at Ibis, Bay Hill Estates, Ballenisles, PGA National, all the Frenchman's properties, Mirasol, Mirabella, San Michele, etc. etc. etc. We were sick of looking when a Zillow alert notified us of a new listing in JL. We jumped on it & although we are a year away from retirement & full-time Florida residency we are happy to have bought now. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2015, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 4,124 times
We also just purchased in Jupiter at Egret Landing. We liked everything about that community. We are not ready to retire but wanted to have a plan and enjoy it in the meanwhile. We are from NY and love the area and people.

Thank you all for your helpful information in helping make our decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach