Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 07:44 PM

8 posts, read 34,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-staten island View Post
I'm in East Boca, downtown but I will say you can't go wrong in Parkland. Living in Staten Island,NY not far from Manalapan I know pretty much the contrast in quality in life you will experience. I still work in NY so I get to Boca when I can. The State of Fl is a great choice compared to Jersey or NY. Year around recreation for the family, no brutal winters to deal with, lower taxes. Great decision, your beating the rush hour out the North East.
Thank you john. Yes, you understand where we are coming from being from Staten Island. We are definitely improving our quality of life 100%. My husband commutes 4-5 hours a day to NYC. We are very excited, especially to get out of the winter and have year round recreation like you said. Thanks for your positive thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 02:35 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berjdr4 View Post
My family is relocating from Manalapan, NJ to South Florida. My husband and I are in our mid to late 40's and we have 2 sons, ages 11 and 14. My sons will be entering 7th and 10th grade next school year so we are looking for a good middle school and high school. Obviously, a good school is very important to us, especially at their age. My husband will be telecommuting so commuting is not at all a concern.

We are looking for a 4 plus bedroom home in the 300's to 500's. Renting is also an option. We want a newer home and would prefer a gated community with amenities. Land is not important to us. Finding a development with families our age is important to us. We are also Jewish and hear that there are many temples and Jewish people in these areas.

We are conflicted because we hear good and bad things about both these areas. We have narrowed it down to these two towns because we hear the schools are the best rated. We hear that since the schools are so good, we don't need private school. We've looked at Weston and it's too far south for us, and have heard that Spanish is the primary language

We have heard that Parkland and West Boca are the two areas that would best meet our needs. We have two friends who live here and told us that, as well as an excellent realtor we found. The schools in the boundaries we are looking at are West Glades middle and Stoneman Douglas in Parkland. Loggers Run middle and West Boca high in Boca. We were told to rule out Coral Springs except for maybe the Northwest section that goes to Coral Springs middle and the Parkland high school, but we haven't heard as good things about Coral Springs middle.

Can anyone offer advice on these towns and schools? If anyone has children who are currently attending these schools or recently graduated these schools and could offer their advice to us, we'd be so appreciative.

We are going down to south Florida the week of April 11 to look at theses areas so any information we have ahead of time would make our visit more productive. We have sold our house in NJ and are looking to either rent or buy in one of these towns.

Any advice on developments in these towns who attend these schools would be appreciated as well!

Thank you!
Not true at all about Weston being too far South and Spanish being the primary language.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:39 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimt View Post
We might be moving to south Florida from NY and also have narrowed down the search to Boca and Parkland. I am surprised though that you prefer west boca. Aren't central boca's schools: omni middle and Spanish river high better?!
Look at Weston, Vadim

Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 PM

4 posts, read 10,485 times
I think west boca is the best option for someone looking for a gated family neighborhood as compared to central/ east boca. Its a matter of taste and money. I move to Boca almost 6 years ago. Rented a condo in central Boca my twin sons attended Verde Elementary. We loved there, but when decided to buy a house it was very difficult to find something newer, not a fixer upper or big enough in our budget at that moment. So decided to move our search to West Boca. We bought a small house in Boca Greens Country Club (no membership required) and my sons attended Sunrise park for 2.5 years. I was MORE than happy with the school, the teachers and the building (newer and bigger) then when time came for middle school there are "choice programs" offered and my boys felt in love with the medical-forensic program at Loggers Run. So even thought we bought our house based on school zone which we were zoned for Eagles Landing (from where I have the best reviews from many friends) we decided to let my boys choice on medicine prevail. Im happy with the program and both my boys are A students, and as long as that remains Im happy to see them happy and learning what they like.
If you decide to choose West Boca keep in mind that some parts will be zoned for Olympic H or West Boca H, I prefer West Boca H.
Im in your same position now! We just sold our house in Boca Greens because we want a bigger house and newer!!
I recommend the same places we are looking in : boca Isles (I like a lot) Boca Falls ,Saturnia, The Shores.
There are other communities that are also nice... I have "mixed feelings" about Lexington States just because of the location that goes near some developments that I wouldn't recommend.
Hope this helps you somehow!

Old 12-23-2014, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,973 times
Default How has your move been?

Hi - saw all your posts. We are in Marlboro NJ and are starting to think about a move to south florida and parkland specifically. We will be down this week (family there) and will look at places one afternoon with a realtor. How has your move been so far? We have two girls ages 6 & 10. Would love to hear if you have time and maybe connect. Trying to get info just like you did I sure .

Old 12-30-2014, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,728 times
What did you discover when you came down? we are in the same exact position.. but we are here now..and are about to explore

Old 01-10-2015, 01:08 PM

61 posts, read 122,288 times
We have been looking for a house for a year and a half and still can't find what were looking for. I was told by a reator I just fired that if I want to live in Boca then we have to lower our standards. LOL Over priced and high HOA's!

Old 01-10-2015, 01:27 PM
ZTM

57 posts, read 94,334 times
Hope you like lots of traffic and congestion with no open space. That's what you will find here

Old 01-13-2015, 01:06 PM

154 posts, read 388,521 times
I like Parkland and think the schools are fine, its up and coming after the downturn and making a great re bound values on the rise but values still to be found as many places are for rent,
If I was you rent a home if new to the area, many relators can find you a rent if you like own deal too! West Boca is ok but older inventory , I hope you can take a few days and tour each rent a SUV large, get a sitter for kids if along rent some bikes and ride the area, talk to locals meet them on walks, notice the traffic patterns start at 5 A.M. tour a few schools you can do this, one thing I tell folks in a car in Florida you see nothing but what you want to see, on a bike you can park ,listen and look in a car good luck pulling over to talk to any one no place to park!
Good luck and like I say take your time do not rush! and rent if you can unless you find that diamond in the rough and pull the switch, lots of inventory at great prices. good luck,

Old 02-23-2016, 07:54 PM

39 posts, read 62,232 times
I just wanted to update my original thread since our move here in summer 2014. I changed my profile name from Berjdr4 to FLAmy14.

Thank you to all of you who posted and responded to my post. We are living in Parkland almost two years now. It's the best decision we ever made! It is a beautiful town and great way of life. My kids enjoy being able to walk and bike to parks, the pool, ice cream, etc.... This is such a thrill because they couldn't do this in Manalapan NJ where we moved from. My boys are also able to walk to school, which they love! The schools in Parkland are great. My older son is now going to a full time dual enrollment program for his junior and senior year at Broward College, something he couldn't do in NJ.

Living in Florida is like being on vacation all year long. It's resort style living that can't be beat. Parkland Isles, where we moved to in Parkland, is so beautiful and well kept. There are many families living in Parkland Isles as well as all of Parkland.

Last edited by Marka; 03-06-2016 at 02:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach