Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,820 times

Advertisements

I got a job in Boca Raton and will be moving from upstate New York in August. I am a single 35-year old male, and I want to rent a one-bedroom apartment for around $800 per month ($900 at a stretch). What is most valuable to me is a short commute (so I want to live in Boca Raton if at all possible) and quiet (as little noise as possible). It would be nice to be around young professionals, but location, price, and noise are my main criteria.

If you are familiar with the area, please help me answer the following questions?

1. Is it possible to find an apartment in Boca Raton that meets these criteria? If not, which is the closest city where I could find one that meets these criteria?

2. What neighborhoods should I look in?

3. Can you recommend any complexes? (it seems most apartments are in complexes in south Florida)

I plan on coming down and looking myself before renting. I will not sign a lease for anywhere without seeing it myself. Any suggestions on what to look for when I scope out complexes or neighborhoods would also be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 10:56 AM

17,015 posts, read 21,702,067 times
Good luck at that pricepoint......when looking online be sure the community isn't a "over 55 year old place"....a lot in your pricepoint are.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:39 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,627,154 times
Well FAU is in Boca, so there are actually a fair amount of younger people around, bunch of grad students too. Sort of young professionals, lol.

From what I have heard, rent in Boca is pretty steep if you want to live in a good area.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:59 PM

981 posts, read 892,522 times
there is a younger crowd in downtown delray. some nice places in pineapple grover area. your price point wouldnt get you your own place but could get something in a roommate situation.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,820 times
Thanks for your suggestions.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:04 AM

981 posts, read 892,522 times
phormio, also look in east delray, del ida park area - walking distance to atlantic and bike to the beach. there are quite a few homes with guest cottages that might fit your price point. sometimes they advertise with a sign in the yard so it might be worth a drive around if u r visiting. the actual streets would be ne 2nd through say 12th or 13th avenue between federal hwy and swinton.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:10 PM

536 posts, read 840,164 times
Deerfield Beach is an older community and may have cheaper rentals than Boca R. (It is just a mile or so south of Boca in Broward County.)

If you have to go with a rental, go with a room-mate in sharing a house. The rental apartments in Boca R aren't as nice as the rented detached homes.

Take a short-term lease, and then re-evaluate when you've known the area for a while.

I do not share this forum's enthusiasm for Delray Beach, due to cost of living and traffic. If you want a younger community, look into Fort Lauderdale, but that is a long commute some days.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 AM

1,942 posts, read 3,297,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
phormio, also look in east delray, del ida park area - walking distance to atlantic and bike to the beach. there are quite a few homes with guest cottages that might fit your price point. sometimes they advertise with a sign in the yard so it might be worth a drive around if u r visiting. the actual streets would be ne 2nd through say 12th or 13th avenue between federal hwy and swinton.
I agree with ^.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:19 PM

226 posts, read 481,435 times
Default Moving to Boca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phormio View Post
I got a job in Boca Raton and will be moving from upstate New York in August. I am a single 35-year old male, and I want to rent a one-bedroom apartment for around $800 per month ($900 at a stretch). What is most valuable to me is a short commute (so I want to live in Boca Raton if at all possible) and quiet (as little noise as possible). It would be nice to be around young professionals, but location, price, and noise are my main criteria.

If you are familiar with the area, please help me answer the following questions?

1. Is it possible to find an apartment in Boca Raton that meets these criteria? If not, which is the closest city where I could find one that meets these criteria?

2. What neighborhoods should I look in?

3. Can you recommend any complexes? (it seems most apartments are in complexes in south Florida)

I plan on coming down and looking myself before renting. I will not sign a lease for anywhere without seeing it myself. Any suggestions on what to look for when I scope out complexes or neighborhoods would also be appreciated.
Boca is a nice city to live in. I would start by looking for a place closed to your work. Try to get into an apt building. Before you move shop in the area to get a feel for it. read the online papers for that area to see what is going on there. Rent first for a year.That would give you time to know the place. Good luck on your move.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:25 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,152,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
I agree with ^.

Delray
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach