Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 07:37 AM

6 posts, read 9,603 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I recently got a job in northern Boca Raton, and now I need to find a reasonably priced and safe apartment in the area. I am originally from Michigan, and moving here with my girlfriend to teach, so I don't know too much about the area. I would greatly appreciate if someone could lead me to some apartments that are optimal places to live in this area. Also, if there are some other areas that are close, then let me know as well.

Thank!

Last edited by BoatsNBeaches; 06-11-2014 at 07:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 08:34 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,337 times
What is your price range? What size apt? Do you have pets?

Old 06-12-2014, 04:36 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
Lots of young people with pets at Verano in Delray Bch. 3 story apt building, no elevators though.

The complex is going through remodeling, but many of the apartments are already upgraded and quite nice. Some have lofts.

The apts are actually condos rented out by the owners.

I know afew teachers there, that's why I mentioned it specifically. There are no crabby, meddling "old people" there. But if you're super-picky about cleanliness, you might not like it because there are a lot of dogs there.

It's just off of Linton Blv. , south end of Delray.

There is also another complex called Verana close by, but I personally prefer Verano.

Green Cay in West Boynton...
There have been problems with car vandalism apparently. Odd because the complex is gated.

Villas D'Este is off Atlantic and a bit nicer. I don't know the price range there.

You might also google "green living apartments, Boynton Beach". I can't remember the name of the complex on Federal Highway- it's new, has won many awards for being green.

Las Ventanas on Federal and Woolbright, Boynton, has restaurants and shops. That's a newer one as well.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 06-12-2014 at 04:48 AM..

Old 06-12-2014, 06:26 AM

ByeByeLW,

Thank you for all of the apartments. Green Cay apartments sound nice, but I am worried about car vandalism. I am actually going to this area today to view some apartments, and I will take a look at some of the ones you have listed.

More information:

1 bedroom/1 bath with washer and dryer (preferably allowing dogs)

or

2 bedroom/2 bath with washer and dryer (preferably allowing dogs)

I want to stay under $1200 if possible. The budget is low, but it has to be for the time being. I could possibly stretch this budget to $1300.

Let me know if this changes anything.

BoatS

Old 06-12-2014, 01:10 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,337 times
Look at Stoneybrook in West Boynton. My niece is a school teacher and lived there for several years before she bought a condo last year. She thought the complex and management was excellent. Its very close to the turnpike.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:40 PM

Just depends how far east you want to be. Some people dont like being west even tho it is usually cheaper and newer
Were you on Homewood Bl asking about the condos/apts there today

Old 06-12-2014, 06:28 PM

Stoneybrook looks extremely nice, but a little out of my price range. And that was not me on another website ByeByeLW. I did some looking today and can find reasonable 1 bedroom apartments for $1180 and two bedrooms for $1280. But each of these locations was still missing something. One of them the floor plans were not very good, and the other had marginal reviews at best. I don't know if my expectations are too high or we haven't found the right place.

All of these apartments were in Boyton Beach. I am still seeking places. Please help.

BoatS

Old 06-12-2014, 07:24 PM

Someone asked me about an apartment when I was in a parking lot in Delray today.

What do you need? What apts did you look at?

Do you want to be a certain distance east/west?

I don't want to suggest something you may have already discounted.

There's place in Delray called Woodlake-it's villas/duplexes. The neighborhood is pet friendly. Perhaps landlords aren't.

Spanish Wells, which is fourplexes...

I didn't realize Seabourn Cove was so expensive!! not worth it imho.

If you run across anything with a High Point address, it's a senior community.

Casa Costa in Boynton has a tiny 1/1 for 1144. Nice newer building, you can walk to the beach. I didn't check out the pet situation It was actually built to be a very pet friendly condo high rise, but then the crash happened.

There's a larger 1/1 for 1284. Apparently a 40 pound pet limit, but of course the landlord may have different ideas.

It's possible that some of the rentals are actually owned by the management company because some are vacant.

I'm not that familiar with the sidestreets in Boynton, but some of the residential areas in Delray have small apartment buildings scattered within the single-family areas.

There's an old house for rent in a funky neighborhood (don't mean that in a bad way; it's old Florida and not a dangerous neighborhood) for 1250 but they want 2500 to move in. I've always liked this oddball enclave And yes, I would live there myself.

Lakeside Delray has one for 1100.

If you find something from a private landlord, run the address by me

I googled "Delray rentals" and have been looking at the Yellowkey site listings.

I haven't been to Bahia Delray since it's been remodeled, but I hear it's nice and it's in your range.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 06-12-2014 at 08:14 PM..

Old 06-12-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Someone asked me about an apartment when I was in a parking lot in Delray today.

What do you need? What apts did you look at?

Do you want to be a certain distance east/west?

I don't want to suggest something you may have already discounted.

There's place in Delray called Woodlake-it's villas/duplexes. The neighborhood is pet friendly. Perhaps landlords aren't.

Spanish Wells, which is fourplexes...

I didn't realize Seabourn Cove was so expensive!! not worth it imho.

If you run across anything with a High Point address, it's a senior community.

Casa Costa in Boynton has a tiny 1/1 for 1144. Nice newer building, you can walk to the beach. I didn't check out the pet situation It was actually built to be a very pet friendly condo high rise, but then the crash happened.

There's a larger 1/1 for 1284. Apparently a 40 pound pet limit, but of course the landlord may have different ideas.

It's possible that some of the rentals are actually owned by the management company because some are vacant.

I'm not that familiar with the sidestreets in Boynton, but some of the residential areas in Delray have small apartment buildings scattered within the single-family areas.

There's an old house for rent in a funky neighborhood (don't mean that in a bad way; it's old Florida and not a dangerous neighborhood) for 1250 but they want 2500 to move in. I've always liked this oddball enclave

Lakeside Delray has one for 1100.

If you find something from a private landlord, run the address by me
I will have to look into Casa Cosa. So far I have looked into:

1) Quantam Lake Villas
2) Indian Hill
3) Whalers Cove
4) Advenir at Colony Club
5) Aventine
6) Fountains of Delray
7) Villages of Banyan Grove

Any more information is always welcomed. Also, where is that odd ball house? Haha.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:33 PM

I will pm you about the oddball house. It is on the yellowkey site, so when you google the address that should be the 2nd listing.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 06-12-2014 at 08:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach