Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 07:56 PM

17 posts, read 48,603 times

Advertisements

Hello. I was wondering if I could get as much information regarding the cost of living, schools, crime, etc in the Jupiter area? There is a chance that my husband will have an opportunity to relocate with his company to the area and I'm trying to get as much info as I can so we can make a correct and informed decision for us and our family.

Our most important requirement are excellent schools for our kids (7 and 8); preferably public. How are the schools in the area? Is private expensive there?

How is the real estate market there? We are in SC now (originally from CT) and found the real estate especially inexpensive in comparison to CT. What would a 4 bdrm house in a family friendly, great neighborhood go for approx.?? The neighborhood we are in now is wonderful and full of families and neighborhood activities; very safe as well.

Crime? Is there a lot? Bad areas to steer clear of?

Taxes? What are the taxes like there? State? Fed? Home?

Are there any activities in the area for kids and adults alike?

In the end I'm sure we would take an exploratory trip there but it would be great if I had some inside information from people in the actual area we are looking into.

Thank you for any and all information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 11:00 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
Jupiter is a little higher priced compared to some of the surrounding communities because it offers a great small town feel close to the beach, but is also very close to lots of shopping/restaurants with easy freeway access. The schools are considered to be some of the higher rated schools in Palm Beach County.
The real estate market is very hot right now. Homes in some of the more popular communities are going around 185-200+ a ft so if you want a 3,000 sqft house plan on around $600k+.
Real estate taxes are roughly 1.8-2% of your purchase price

There is plenty to do for both children and adults.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:53 PM

What are your thoughts on some surrounding towns?? Wellington perhaps? Palm Beach Gardens? Is the cost the same for housing?

Old 07-25-2014, 01:43 PM

Palm beach gardens and Wellington are also very nice.
We moved to Wellington from Jupiter because housing was more affordable.
We enjoy/ed living in both areas though.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 AM

Can you tell me if there are many gated communities around and what some of those would include for amenities? House ranges? HOA's?

Old 07-29-2014, 02:06 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,745,387 times
Jupiter is very close to the Martin County border. You may want to expand your search into Stuart and Hobe Sound. Martin County schools are among the highest-rated in the state, and even if you lived in unicorporated Martin Co. you will be close to things in both Martin and Palm Beach Counties.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:23 PM

Great information, DanielAvery! Thank you. I'll start looking there as well. You say the schools are very good too? That is our #1 concern if we end up relocating. We have a 7 and 8 year old and want them to have great schools to attend. How is the housing market in Martin County? I appreciate any information very much!

Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 PM

Lots of gated communities with nice amenities, ranging from the 300's+

Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 AM

95 posts, read 226,217 times
We live in Martin County (Palm City) and IMO the schools are great. We have an 8 y/o son and 5 yr/o twins. Prices in our area are on the rise, but still some good deals out there. Taxes and price per sqft are less in Martin County than in Palm Beach County. My husband works in Palm Beach Gardens and it takes him 25 min from our home. Hobe Sound, Stuart & Palm City are worth checking out if you are not concerned with proximity to the beach. Takes us 20 min to get to Stuart Beach, 30 min to Jupiter Beach (our favorite). Here is the school site www.martinschools.org

Old 08-01-2014, 07:09 AM

If my husband gets the offer it would not happen until next year some time so I'm hoping the costs stay down until then! Martin County is definitely on the list to look into. I had not considered it before because I thought it may be too far but hearing that it only takes about 25 min from Martin County to Palm Beach Gardens definitely makes it doable. Are there also building lots available around and what might those go for? I am not sure if building a house is even possible but it doesn't hurt to look into it now. I like to have all my "ducks in a row" before any decision is made!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach