Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 04:54 PM

21 posts, read 55,096 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are leaving town over Thanksgiving to visit family up north. We need to find somewhere local (West Palm to Fort Lauderdale) to board our 2 dogs. The biggest issue is that one of our dogs is not dog friendly, so she cannot go to a cageless facility. She needs to be kept separate from others, except for her sister.

So far, we have not been able to find a facility that can accommodate what we need. Petsmart's Banfield will take them, but the location near us does not take the dogs outside to relieve themselves. They go in a room, on the floor and then the staff cleans up after them. I am not comfortable with that.

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know! We just want our girls to be safe and happy while we are gone.

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 07:37 PM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
have you looked at any of the higher end vet boarding facilities? they might be better capable of handling the separation requirement. clint moore animal hospital in boca raton is supposed to have a great facility.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:37 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times
My wife and I used a service where the someone came to our home 3 times a day to let the dogs out, feed them, etc....We found this to be the best for us since one of our dogs is also not dog friendly.

They also offer overnight stays in your home. If you are interested, let me know and I will send you the info.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:07 AM

335 posts, read 620,064 times
I wish I could offer you the name of our pet sitter, but she moved - but what rusty78 said is what I would do if we had dogs (we have cats). I always thought it would be better keeping them in the environment they are familiar with, and bringing in someone to feed/walk/change litter/etc ,even if it is for multiple visits in a day.

Try pet sitters international for the names of some pet sitters in your area, and don't hesitate to ask them for references.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:12 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Recommendation

Catherine's Pet Grooming and Spa (formerly Grooming by Tina)
Delray Beach

561-362-4117

One of their groomers, Bill, was on Groomer Has It about 3 years ago and he made it to the top 3. Almost got that $100K.

Like others have said, Clint Moore Animal Hospital is also good as is Boca Greens.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:10 AM

134 posts, read 282,680 times
Default Barkingham Palace?

I don't know if they are cageless, but they are good. They are on US1 in north Delray.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:45 AM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
i take my dogs to barkingham and they love going there...

Old 10-29-2014, 09:50 AM

302 posts, read 499,683 times
My dog trainer does boarding and does have (I think she still does) an outdoor kennel. She had to keep my dog for me for a few days while I was in hospital and mine is dog reactive. We are working on that, but she Might be able to do that. She is in Loxahatchee/Acerage area of West Palm Beach. Check Star Dog Obedience, she does have a webpage with info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach