Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:40 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy G View Post
In one of the DiVosta townhouses down around ForestHill...West of I-95

This lady is ""SUPER"" smart to say the least!!!
That's NOT West Palm Beach!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You're a braver man than I!

I have never heard about Wellington's "gang" problem. A bunch of wannabe white boys does not make a gang!
Apparently writing "funny" is not enough for this post so I will write "that is very funny TriMT7. gosh ! blah, blah, blah, blah......................... How's that?

Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. Is not a representation of the entire city of West Palm Beach.

Also..................... There are not, nor have there ever been "gated Communities" along or near the "INTRA" Coastal Waterway in West Palm Beach.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 AM

561 posts, read 1,923,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dubbs View Post
Hello--my husband is considering taking a job in West Palm Beach. We now live in northern Fairfield County in Connecticut. After spending hours searching on these boards, I've become apprehensive about a potential move there. We have 3 young kids and I want them to be as safe there as we feel here. We are considering living in Wellington, as that seems to be very family-friendly. Yet I've seen numerous posts about gangs, sexual offenders and crime (not in Wellington per se, but in the surrounding areas).

Has anyone moved from Connecticut to the West Palm Beach area with a family? Do you love it, or do you regret it?
Both my wife and I are from CT, and while I did not move to the West Palm Beach area, I have lived in Orlando, Saint Cloud, and now Auburndale. By far the best area I have lived so far is Auburndale. However, that being said, moving from CT to FL is going to be a SHOCK to say the least.

In my opinion CT is a state with a superb overall quality of life. I say this because I am comparing it to the places I have lived in New York, California, and Florida. I can say between Florida and Connecticut there is NO comparison when it comes to Healthcare, Education, and Crime. For me as a father of 2 girls, those 3 areas are hands down what matters to me most. When my kids are involved things like weather and beaches mean nothing.

You have done research and understandably now you are apprehensive. I lived in Fairfield County (Danbury and Stratford). I know the county well and I know the state well. Fairfield County has some of the best schools in the country. Most of the areas have some of the lowest personal crime indexes in the country (well below the national average). Healthcare: Danbury hospital, Yale New Haven Hospital (2 of the best in the state), and you also have access to the NYC, NJ, and Boston Hospitals if needed.

I can say as a fellow nutmegger, that I have only met 2 other people in the flesh from CT down here. One lived in St. Cloud and the other in Auburndale. None of them had school aged children when they moved down. I do know quite a few people who have moved to Florida and moved back to CT though. By far, the majority of the people I meet from other states are from the rust-belt.

No doubt, CT is expensive, but you get what you pay for. And when your children are involved can you really put a price on that??

Old 01-07-2008, 01:49 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:

I have never heard about Wellington's "gang" problem. A bunch of wannabe white boys does not make a gang!
I never said anything about Wellington having a gang problem, so I'm confused at where this statement came from... maybe you read my post wrong, I said If you live in Wellington you will not experience them but in many sections of the county itself you will. However, the gangs listed in Wellington have names like "Brown Pride" so they're wannabe Hispanics, if you will.

dennis s, Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. is the heart of WPB, and it's not the most dangerous section either so if I see gangs and crime here then there's obviously much worse out there in the even more awful sections of the city.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:44 PM

12 posts, read 42,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
I lived in Fairfield County (Danbury and Stratford).
We live in Danbury, so your comments are very interesting. How are your daughters doing in Florida?

Old 01-07-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
I never said anything about Wellington having a gang problem, so I'm confused at where this statement came from... maybe you read my post wrong, I said If you live in Wellington you will not experience them but in many sections of the county itself you will. However, the gangs listed in Wellington have names like "Brown Pride" so they're wannabe Hispanics, if you will.

dennis s, Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. is the heart of WPB, and it's not the most dangerous section either so if I see gangs and crime here then there's obviously much worse out there in the even more awful sections of the city.
WHAT? ? ?

oh, by the way, that other poster wasn't referring to anything that you wrote. Chill.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:49 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:

Well, according to this link they actually have Surenos (Sur-13, not to be confused with MS-13), Bloods, Crips the full ordeal but I don't think their visibility in the community is very high. They are probably mostly involved in drug sales or burglary rings, because suburban teenagers tend to like drugs, and that is not exclusive to Wellington (nor is burglary). Wellington is really a nice community though, safety is really not much of an issue. Violent crime is very low, and property crime is about average to slightly above.

Wellington, Florida (FL) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders
Check crime indexes, property crimes are about average drifting towards the higher side, and violent crimes are very low

Gangs in Palm Beach County (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/news/interactives/gangmap.html - broken link)

Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Well, according to this link they actually have Surenos (Sur-13, not to be confused with MS-13), Bloods, Crips the full ordeal but I don't think their visibility in the community is very high. They are probably mostly involved in drug sales or burglary rings, because suburban teenagers tend to like drugs, and that is not exclusive to Wellington (nor is burglary). Wellington is really a nice community though, safety is really not much of an issue.

Gangs in Palm Beach County (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/news/interactives/gangmap.html - broken link)
Urban teens like drugs just as much as suburban teens do.

The only reason gang activity is being played up now is so cities can be eligible for federal anti gang programs.

The Post forgot to mention the Jets and the Sharks they are two tough operations, yes sir reee.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:56 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
The only reason gang activity is being played up now is so cities can be eligible for federal anti gang programs.
Good point.

But also, the primary difference is that suburban teens tend to be more into using drugs and urban teenagers tend to be more into selling drugs. Now I'm not saying all teenagers either use or sell drugs, but you know what I'm saying...

Although I must admit I tend to prefer North County to Wellington. I think it's prettier and I like the closeness to the water.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:18 PM

41 posts, read 149,234 times
hahaha gangs in wellington, thats funny, i lived in jamaica queens NYC u wanna see gangs, u cant walk down the street without a gun, most of palm beach county is safe, just tamarind and riviera are a lil run down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach