Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 07:24 AM

44 posts, read 60,118 times

Advertisements

I have accepted a job as a Traffic Engineer in Boca and am awaiting HR to do their thing. My job is with the government so being a government job it is only average pay so no Minzer Park condos or town homes for me. Although it would be nice.

Office is on NW 1st Ave, off of NW Boca Raton Blvd, north of NE 20th Street.

So it is looking like West Boca, Deerfield Beach or Coral Springs. Coconut creek is also an option. I am single, no kids, no debt so safety, rent and commute are my only concerns.

I have read bad things about West Boca near 441. Was down there last weekend and drove out that way and to be honest, it looks alot like Sanford FL, where I have lived for most of the last 15 years with no problems at all.

I like Coral Springs and Coconut Creek. Deerfield Beach and Lighthouse point appear to be options. Still early in the search, looking like a March move. Trying gather info on traffic and the rush hour commutes.

I want no more than a half hour commute.

I am wondering what the traffic is like west to east in the morning and east to west in afternoon. Google Maps gives information for all hours a day every day of the week and according to it, the morning commute does not look too bad. Afternoon Peak a little worse.

Is Coral Springs to Boca doable in 30 minutes?

Regards,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 05:01 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,450 times
Possibly depending on how the traffic and I would suggest that area before a lot of areas for commuting reasons so I think you should look into it.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:38 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnphelps View Post
I have accepted a job as a Traffic Engineer in Boca and am awaiting HR to do their thing. My job is with the government so being a government job it is only average pay so no Minzer Park condos or town homes for me. Although it would be nice.

Office is on NW 1st Ave, off of NW Boca Raton Blvd, north of NE 20th Street.

So it is looking like West Boca, Deerfield Beach or Coral Springs. Coconut creek is also an option. I am single, no kids, no debt so safety, rent and commute are my only concerns.

I have read bad things about West Boca near 441. Was down there last weekend and drove out that way and to be honest, it looks alot like Sanford FL, where I have lived for most of the last 15 years with no problems at all.

I like Coral Springs and Coconut Creek. Deerfield Beach and Lighthouse point appear to be options. Still early in the search, looking like a March move. Trying gather info on traffic and the rush hour commutes.

I want no more than a half hour commute.

I am wondering what the traffic is like west to east in the morning and east to west in afternoon. Google Maps gives information for all hours a day every day of the week and according to it, the morning commute does not look too bad. Afternoon Peak a little worse.

Is Coral Springs to Boca doable in 30 minutes?

Regards,
Most people asking these questions, as yourself, leave out key information that would be a big help. What do you do when you're not working? Beach, golf, horses, fishing, diving, shopping, dancing, dining, cooking?

Old 01-16-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Most people asking these questions, as yourself, leave out key information that would be a big help. What do you do when you're not working? Beach, golf, horses, fishing, diving, shopping, dancing, dining, cooking?
To be specific, I will turn my spare bedroom into a recording studio and I will spend most of my free time playing guitar, writing and recording music. At low volumes, of course.. Shopping interestes me so the Town Center Mall and Sawgrass Mills mall will be frequent trips for me but usually on weekends. More worried about the weekday commute. Beach does not interest me.. Golfing does but is too expensive..Working out is a must but there are multiple LA Fitness clubs around and there is a decent gym 1/2 mile from my office that I will join for lunchtime workouts.

Basically I am a simple homebody.. All I need is a Publix, Walgreens, Vitaman Shoppe, Gym, Olive Garden, Hooters and Guitar Center within a half hours drive. Anywhere in the aera will give me those needs so I am focusing on rush hour commute.

Regards

Old 01-19-2015, 07:40 AM

Any more comments on the commute from west boca/coral springs/coconut creek to Boca? Office is located on NW 1st Ave, off of NW Boca Raton Blvd, north of NE 20th Street.

Regards,

Tracy

Old 01-19-2015, 08:45 PM

55 posts, read 74,939 times
I live in South Boca and commute that way to drop my son off at preschool and during season it takes me a while. Coral Springs to there you're probably looking at 40 minutes during season. West to East is absolutely brutal in SFL.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:27 PM

10 posts, read 48,616 times
Hi!

Would you mind telling me how you made out now that you've been there a while?
We are looking to relocate to Boca from Long Island, NY. My daughter is starting College at FAU
so we need to be "planted in home/apt/condo" no later than August 1st, 2015. College starts 8/21.
We are hoping to be settled in no later than June or July. It's very hard to "shop online" for an Apartment. We are also going from a big house here to an apartment! Yuck! But there's a good reason. We want to rent a while to be able to take our time and find the area we really are comfortable in, safe and well maintained. You definately cannot shop for a house online but I have to research as much as I can from here and then when we visit do a non stop tour of places I've found.
I appreciate everyone's input and ask for your help in finding good neighborhoods, rentals, etc. We would love to be close to the ocean (uh-oh another one, right?). My husband loves riding his bike, loves exercise period! I have bad back issues so I just require a nice view! We are boaters and when the time is right and we find a Marina or Dock Space we will have our boat shipped to Florida/Boca. We are trying to stick with Boca because we don't want my daughter to have a long expensive (gas) commute to FAU. I like zips 33487, 33431, 33432. I really would prefer not to be West of 95, the water means a lot to us. So any input is super appreciated. Community Names, areas to stay away from, great areas, complexes, condos, etc. Looking for less than 2k rent too. The idea of renting kills me because it's like throwing money away but it's what we need to do for a while.
THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL INPUT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach