Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 07:33 PM

24 posts, read 42,154 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a single middle aged female looking to relocating to WPB area. My work will be in zip code 33405 area. Of course, safety is my foremost concern. I am looking to spend around $1000 excluding utilities on 1/1 or studio with washer/dryer inside of the unit, and commute time around 20/25 mins. I am also open to guest house type of apartment with all utilities included for less than $1,200.

What is the rental market for 1/1 in the area like? I hope my budget is realistic as it is probably high season.

Any suggestions on the area/apartment you would recommend and which ones to avoid?

I am particularly interested in Wellington and Royal Palm Beach area. Is east Wellington safe?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 09:13 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Or7Butterfly View Post
Hi,

I am a single middle aged female looking to relocating to WPB area. My work will be in zip code 33405 area. Of course, safety is my foremost concern. I am looking to spend around $1000 excluding utilities on 1/1 or studio with washer/dryer inside of the unit, and commute time around 20/25 mins. I am also open to guest house type of apartment with all utilities included for less than $1,200.

What is the rental market for 1/1 in the area like? I hope my budget is realistic as it is probably high season.

Any suggestions on the area/apartment you would recommend and which ones to avoid?

I am particularly interested in Wellington and Royal Palm Beach area. Is east Wellington safe?

Thanks in advance!
Wellington, in general, is safe I believe. I never really though of an east or west Wellington.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:14 AM

Thanks for your reply. I guess, "best" is kind of subjective, good areas to rent are what I am after.

In my search, I also came across a lot of rentals in West Palm Beach and Lake worth area. Are there particular areas within West Palm Beach and Lake worth to steer away from?

Old 12-23-2015, 01:20 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
You can try to find a rental, IN zip code 33405, east of Dixie Highway.

Also, for that range you may be able to find a small rental in one of the historic neighborhoods - Grandview Heights, El Cid, Flamingo Park, Sunshine Park, Central Park/Monceaux, Prospect Park.

For example, in Flamingo Park there are studio apartments (water and gas included) for $1100, on the 800 block of Upland Road.

On the 300 block of Pershing Way in El Cid there is an efficiency/studio at $725/month.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:18 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
Wellington is safe and nice, but I would prefer to see you live as far east as possible in order to be close to the beach and nightlife. Provided you can find a safe, affordable place. I would first look into Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, and also the downtown City Place area of West Palm. I know rents have gone way up lately compared to 5 years ago, but see if you can find something for $1000 or less in those parts. City Place is minutes away from your job. PBG and Jupiter are farther north, but no farther than Wellington is to the west.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:45 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,631,163 times
First time I came to PBC, I rented on Northlake in AMLI/Ibis. At that time it was a nice complex and it was a straight shot to Beeline and into downtown West Palm or anywhere else on just straight Northlake. The rents were reasonable and the complex was clean and well maintained. This was in 2007-2008, mind you, I don't know if it had kept up or went down in quality since.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:49 AM

52 posts, read 82,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You can try to find a rental, IN zip code 33405, east of Dixie Highway.

Also, for that range you may be able to find a small rental in one of the historic neighborhoods - Grandview Heights, El Cid, Flamingo Park, Sunshine Park, Central Park/Monceaux, Prospect Park.

For example, in Flamingo Park there are studio apartments (water and gas included) for $1100, on the 800 block of Upland Road.

On the 300 block of Pershing Way in El Cid there is an efficiency/studio at $725/month.
TriMT7 is right. You can get a lovely cottage or apt behind one of the main houses in the upscaled areas.

Upland Rd is a really nice one, just checked it on the MLS. There is one on Kanuga for under 700$ small but cute and also near everything in Flamingo Park.

and there is one on the 200 block of Rugby in 33405 but that's a little more $$$ 1500.

You should really look at the one on Upland.. (it's nicer than Rugby but not as close to the intracoastal).

If you need a realtor to show it to you or send you pix.. get in touch with me.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:08 PM

All of your posting certainly have helped me to narrow it down my search somewhat.

TriMT7- do you have the name of the studio apartment in Flamingo park and the studio at 300 block of Pershing Way in El Cid? Seems like the only source to look for cottage/guest house type rental is craigslist unless you are a Realtor. Anyone know other resources?

Nina072 - I pm you.

Nolefan34 - What is the commute like from PBG and Juipter? On most days, would it take longer than half hour on 95?

Old 01-02-2016, 04:31 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
Or7Butteryfly-

No. 30 minutes at most from Jupiter. 95 is 5 lanes each direction the whole way and it flows great between Jupiter and Northlake Blvd. Traffic gets progressively heavier the further south you go towards WPB, but it isn't too bad at all. I would still recommend living closer if possible, but don't sacrifice a great neighborhood for a closer commute.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Or7Butterfly View Post
All of your posting certainly have helped me to narrow it down my search somewhat.

TriMT7- do you have the name of the studio apartment in Flamingo park and the studio at 300 block of Pershing Way in El Cid? Seems like the only source to look for cottage/guest house type rental is craigslist unless you are a Realtor. Anyone know other resources?

Nina072 - I pm you.

Nolefan34 - What is the commute like from PBG and Juipter? On most days, would it take longer than half hour on 95?

Here is the website for 815 Upland:

Squarespace - Claim This Domain

Hotpads.com is a good source for listings as well. Just did a quick search there today and found a new listing in Grandview Heights.

I put in zip codes 33405 and 33401 and found some new listings that I did not see just a while ago. My (personal) rules for good areas south of downtown:

1) South of Okeechobee Blvd., north of Belvedere: Stay east of Parker.

2) South of Belvedere Road: Stay east of Dixie.

There is also a listing for an apartment at 1601 S. Flagler for 1100 that will probably be snapped up quickly:

1601 S Flagler Drive #107O, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 - HotPads

AND, I was surprised to see a small apartment on the Island of Palm Beach:

233 Royal Poinciana Way #5, Palm Beach, FL 33480 - HotPads

This is the Pershing listing:

317 Pershing Way #6, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 - HotPads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach