Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 09:16 AM

293 posts, read 500,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BocaRatongirl View Post
There are lots of new construction in Lake Worth and Boynton off Hypoluxo. Very nice and in your price range. It's an easy drive to Boca as well. Take 441 and you are in Boca! :-) Good luck!
yes but the OP would still be much better off adding the extra 5 minutes to be in of those eastern wellington communities I mentioned. Wellington will offer the better shopping, kids activities etc than those areas of western lake worth. And the communities I mentioned are all within 1/2 mile of 441 for easy commute. Take less than 5 minutes to go 441/lake worth rd to 441/hypoluxo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 09:36 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
Perhaps. I'm not that familiar with Wellington and have been an "east" person myself.

From my experience I would rather have a longer(not too much so!) commute and live somewhere I really loved versus just someplace convenient to work. Never even considered looking at North Palm or Jupiter because I was thinking of my commute, and Inreally regret it. Seems you do get used to going "out west"; I remember when Military Trail was no-man's land!

Now I regularly go out to the Beeline area and it takes maybe a half hour and I'm near the beach.

Just my 2 pennies. It's ultimately their decision based on where the jobs actually are.

It will be interesting to see where they end up! All the best to them!

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 05-30-2016 at 09:45 AM..

Old 05-30-2016, 09:41 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Delray Beach. Commute to Boca is a breeze. Fifteen minutes to WPB on 95.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Perhaps. I'm not that familiar with Wellington and have been an "east" person myself.

From my experience I would rather have a longer(not too much so!) commute and live somewhere I really loved versus just someplace convenient to work. Never even considered looking at North Palm or Jupiter because I was thinking of my commute, and Inreally regret it. Seems you do get used to going "out west"; I remember when Military Trail was no-man's land!

Now I regularly go out to the Beeline area and it takes maybe a half hour and I'm near the beach.

Just my 2 pennies. It's ultimately their decision based on where the jobs actually are.

It will be interesting to see where they end up! All the best to them!
yes exactly that reason why the OP should consider Wellington, there is obviously a reason why it made Forbes top 100 places to live a few years back, Lots of activities, very family orientated, good schools, etc

Old 05-30-2016, 04:57 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
I live in the Wellington area and commute to my office in East Delray and it takes me around 30 minutes without traffic. Boca would be a little further than that.
In your price range you will get a nice newer home West, if you want to stay East you are looking at an older, most likely smaller home.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:28 PM

55 posts, read 74,992 times
I grew up in Miami, and just in the last 10 years moved to Boca. I'm 30, and have two toddlers. I recommend Boca. Wellington to Boca is a hike to commute for work. Boca is family friendly, has great schools, tons of restaurants, and lots of activities for the kiddos. I also recommend East Boca, but there always seems to be a battle between East and West. GL!

Old 06-06-2016, 08:48 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
The commute from Wellington to Boca could take nearly 1 hour depending on where in Boca and Wellington. The traffic through Wellington on Southern Blvd and Forest Hill is very heavy. If your job is in Eastern Boca, you would have to either take Southern Blvd east to 95 (30 minutes) then south to Boca (30 minutes), or take 441 or Turnpike south to Glades, then east on Glades in heavy traffic.

In the best case scenario, you live on the eastern fringe of Wellington and work in far west boca, then maybe you cut your commute to 30 minutes. But somehow I doubt that is the case.

It sounds like the better option would be to live in Boca. The commute to West Palm would only take 30 minutes, and the commute within Boca maybe 5-15 minutes.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:42 PM

387 posts, read 515,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestInMiami View Post
My husband and I are relocating to Palm Beach County from Miami. He has a job in WPB and I have a job in Boca. We are in our early 30s with a 6 month old baby. We are trying to narrow down neighborhoods for our move keeping in mind that we will need a good school (though we are very open to private schools) and neither of us wants an awful commute.

We will likely rent for a few months to get to know the area but when we are ready to buy, our budget will be in the $575-650k range. We are outdoorsy and like to go for runs/walks as well as go out to eat and shop.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
I think East Boca would be the goal. Maybe start with your rental plans in Delray to Boynton as close to 95 as possible. There are secondary roads like Military that can get you North/South. Shopping is great. Rent might be a bit higher then your estimate. Otherwise Your plan is solid,welcome to paradise.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-staten island View Post
I think East Boca would be the goal. Maybe start with your rental plans in Delray to Boynton as close to 95 as possible. There are secondary roads like Military that can get you North/South. Shopping is great. Rent might be a bit higher then your estimate. Otherwise Your plan is solid,welcome to paradise.
when was the last time you were in delray or boynton close to 95? I would avoid those areas all together, not exactly family friendly areas

Old 06-11-2016, 01:44 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
Andover, Verona Woods, Rabbit Hollowe etc in Delray are near 95 and are gorgeous and family friendly.

If I had to live in a "development" and could afford it that's where I would go. Some areas in Boca off of Palmetto are nice and family friendly too.
Have you been to Linton and Federal in Delray lately? You might be shocked. And the beach is right there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach