Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 06:52 PM

676 posts, read 720,468 times

Advertisements

Anyone hear of this 55 plus community? If so, do you happen to know how it compares to century village in deerfield beach? Century village has a lot of activities, which is great, but the people!!! I read threads on here speaking about just that topic. Pretty accurate, I must say. So I was just wondering if wynmoor in coconut creek is better. It looks nicer, anyway.

I hate to say it but lots of crotchety old people here. Not everyone, of course, but lots. We went to a building meeting, and I wanted to walk out. I couldn't believe my ears. I thought,
what was I thinking to buy here. I know, family members bought here. Is this typical of most 55plus communities? Just wondering.

South Florida in general, is very "different", I must say.

Last edited by Marble cake; 02-16-2017 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 08:13 PM

157 posts, read 332,566 times
Wynmoor geezers = Century Village geezers.

Avoid either community at all cost. Move to a small town out west. When I'm 80, you'll need a horse or a helicopter to find me. I certainly won't be clogging up the roads in Broward driving 35mph in the fast lane!

Old 02-16-2017, 08:19 PM

Jim miller, that's what I thought. But I really don't want to be isolated either. Hmmmm decisions, decisions.

Thanks for your reply.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:18 PM

194 posts, read 427,598 times
Wynmoor Village has much bigger units then Century Village, it has similar recreational facilities and a executive golf course. Century Village in Deerfield, Boca and West Palm predominant age is about the oldest you will likely find in the area while Wynmoor will have generally "younger" homeowners. Been in both and would take Wynmoor over CV, just my opinion. You can also look at Kings Point in Tamarac if you want newer and stay in Broward but pricing will be higher. There are plenty of 55 and older communities in all price ranges in southern Palm Beach County in Boca, Delray and Boynton Beach. Century Village and Kings Point in Delray is about as cheap a place you will find for a 55 plus condo. Your price range will determine what other options you have. Good Luck.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:31 PM

Thanks so much!!

Old 02-17-2017, 01:36 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Check out High Point in Delray if you're set on being that far south.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:50 PM

Cfbs2691, thank you. I'm not set on being that far south at all.

I tried to check out High Point in Delray Beach, but the community doesn't have a website to see what it offers. Just sites that lists what's for sale in there. I must say, though, very reasonable prices.

Can you make any other suggestions on other affordable communities in a friendly and safe place?

Last edited by Marble cake; 02-17-2017 at 03:14 PM..

Old 09-16-2017, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,410 times
Default Wynmoor village

I'm planning to buy a condo in Wynmoor village to live year round. Can anyone please tell me how

It's the life over there.? Thanks

Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 7,096 times
Hi. Wynmoor In my opinion is much better than Century Village it is located in Coconut Creek. I live in Coconut creek. Message me I can get you more info.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:45 PM

6 posts, read 7,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
Anyone hear of this 55 plus community? If so, do you happen to know how it compares to century village in deerfield beach? Century village has a lot of activities, which is great, but the people!!! I read threads on here speaking about just that topic. Pretty accurate, I must say. So I was just wondering if wynmoor in coconut creek is better. It looks nicer, anyway.

I hate to say it but lots of crotchety old people here. Not everyone, of course, but lots. We went to a building meeting, and I wanted to walk out. I couldn't believe my ears. I thought,
what was I thinking to buy here. I know, family members bought here. Is this typical of most 55plus communities? Just wondering.

South Florida in general, is very "different", I must say.

It's nice if you can afford an increase in maintenance fees yearly and if you like tons of disruptions. You can use the maintenance payment as a mortgage payment and get more property with less hassles!! Never a peaceful moment. I regret moving in here. Nothing is planned; just done on a whim. Check around!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach