Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 02:03 PM

373 posts, read 348,397 times

Advertisements

I read something about the water jet stream off the coast keeps winter temps nice and relaxing but somewhat cools it down st night in the summer after the rains ? Is this true or is it just a sauna 24.7 until fall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 02:16 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,685,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
I read something about the water jet stream off the coast keeps winter temps nice and relaxing but somewhat cools it down st night in the summer after the rains ? Is this true or is it just a sauna 24.7 until fall
It's legit a sauna in the summer months anywhere in FL. And what "water jet stream" are u referring to? Do u mean the gulf stream off the east coast that carries warm water up the atlantic and over to northern europe? cuz that does nothing to "cool" the weather at night. Hot is hot. Summer is hot. Nothing else to debate about it.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:24 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,197,319 times
It cools down a little bit in the evenings after the summer thunderstorms. It's always going to be hot and humid. If you are doing outdoor activities, people usually do them in the morning or evenings if they can and scurry around from air conditioned home to air conditioned car to air conditioned work to air conditioned store or to the beach the rest of the day.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:05 PM

373 posts, read 348,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
It cools down a little bit in the evenings after the summer thunderstorms. It's always going to be hot and humid. If you are doing outdoor activities, people usually do them in the morning or evenings if they can and scurry around from air conditioned home to air conditioned car to air conditioned work to air conditioned store or to the beach the rest of the day.

So most mornings it’s not humid until
The sun makes it worse ? Basically asking overnight does the ocean air cool
Things down at all or do you wake up to a sauna

Old 02-20-2018, 04:26 AM

216 posts, read 327,597 times
The winters are great here. Definitely cools down at night. Summers are much hotter, I love it but to each their own. It stills cools down to mid 70's in summer. Maybe this chart will help.

High Low °F
75 57 January
77 59 February
79 62 March
82 66 April
86 71 May
88 74 June
90 76 July
90 76 August
88 75 September
85 72 October
80 66 November
76 60 December
83 68 Year

Reference
National Climatic Data Center. NOAA's 1981-2010 Climate Normals.

Last edited by Elbig; 02-20-2018 at 04:28 AM.. Reason: reference source

Old 02-20-2018, 12:39 PM

66 posts, read 117,242 times
Within 3-4 miles of shore, it never seems to get above the low 90s due to the sea breeze. The hotter the day, the more breeze picks up.
Can't say the same for farther inland. I've often travelled from our home in Jupiter to my cousin in Wellington...and it is noticeably less comfortable there on some summer days.

I've spent summer days in considerably less hospitable places over the recent years - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Washington DC, Nashville, Houston, Atlanta (where I used to live), etc.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:56 PM

233 posts, read 172,263 times
Quote:
It does cool off during thunderstorms - sometimes by more than 10 degrees - and it feels great too.

The rub is, it doesn't last. Even if the thunderstorm strikes at night - after it passes (usually no more than 1-2 hours) it warms right back up again. Even at night during the summer. You will be sweating nonstop during the summer, so just prepare yourself.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:29 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,744,120 times
If you are right by the water you will get more of a cooling sea breeze than inland areas. The summer rains cool things down a bit. There are some summer days when the air is thick with humidity. like a wall of heat that hits you when you go outside, but it's not all summer.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:45 PM

30,389 posts, read 21,210,559 times
Quote:
It's a steam bath from hell when we are in a reverse west windflow on the gulf side from late May till early Oct. East coast has it better.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:09 PM

22 posts, read 25,730 times
I live in Wellington FL which is further inland. It gets very hot and humid here in the summer. I used to live on Singer Island and it was a little cooler there as I was lived on the beach. I say cooler but not by much! When you live in South Florida year round you learn to do your outside chores early in morning or early evening. During the day you are typically in air conditioning...either in your home, your car, work etc. I moved to West Palm Beach in the 1970's and am still here..sweltering in the summer. :-) I would much rather endure the summer heat than shovel my drive and live in the cloudy Northeast. I grew up in Rye, NH and love the area but just can not do the gray skies which seem to linger from November through May up north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach